Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 15 Apr 2003, 02:34 (Ref:569713)   #1
CharlesF
Rookie

CharlesF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Introduction and Comments

Hello to All,

My name is Charles Fleming and I am the General Sales Manager for Freck's Auto Art, Inc. of Gainesville, Florida USA. We are publishers of limited edition racing prints, mainly focused on F-1 and variations of open wheel, though we deal in other racing categories as well. However, open wheel and Le Mans are what we love.

We only very recently launched our newly revised web site and consider ourselves very fortunate indeed to have become forum affilliates with 10 Tenths. I would like to acknowledge the great efforts of Blair Murdoch at 10 Tenths in making the technical aspects of integrating the forums into our site work so remarkably well.

As one may deduce by my job title, my first responsibility is to take the products we produce, which in our case are limited edition prints, and go out into the cosmos and find buyers for them, one sheet at a time. This is the economic reality of the print publishing business; Selling more prints provides us the means to commission more art. More new commissions means more new products available for those who enjoy owning them. We are not totally "in-house" yet, having done only twelve editions to date. We have bought prints in smaller quantities from artists, dealers, agents, et cetera in the process of building a catalog. Our goal is to be the best publisher of original automotive racing limited edition prints in the world, and in order for us to achieve that goal, we have to develop new ways to get the prints out of our warehouse and into the hands of those who wish to own them. While this seems simple in concept, believe me, it is daunting in process. Slot machines have better odds than print production in recent times. But it is our business, we love it, and we are staying in for the long term, come high water or low.

I plan to follow this forum on a regular basis, contributing new threads and responding to others when I feel I have something worthwhile to say. It took true insight and wisdom on the part of 10 Tenths to create a forum dedicated to this subject, and I am also very encouraged to see that an artist such as Andrew Kitson would be so willing to lend his thoughts and insights to others in a manner such as this.

As of this writing, we have three new print projects in the negotiation stage. As I am able, I will post up on the progress of each, the trials and tribulations encountered, and for the benefit of any who would study closely, the logistics and pragmatics of trying to make the figures work for all the parties involved in the successful production and distribution of a limited edition automotive racing art print.

Thanks For Reading,

Charles Fleming, General Sales Manager
Freck's Auto Art, Inc.
Gainesville, Florida USA

www.frecksautoart.com
Old 15 Apr 2003, 12:51 (Ref:570068)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome to the site!
Never forget #99
Old 15 Apr 2003, 13:05 (Ref:570088)   #3
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Charles, welcome to the forum and regards to Joe Freck!
Old 16 Apr 2003, 21:05 (Ref:571541)   #4
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Charles, interesting reading and hope you find the buyers needed. My scene is the photography side of things and am willing to help if needed. I'm off to Florida this year and if I could find a job - I'd move tommorow!