Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Jan 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2813856)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Stoke Row Festival of Speed 2011 July16/17

OK here is the date.more info to follow closer to the time.Anyone welcome if you have a race car to display all the better. Classic cars and kit cars also required will be on display from Ferrari's up too Austin Seven's. We were short on Marshall's last year but i will ask Fay to sort that out. Accommodation will be available for Volunteers if required.
Stoke Row is in between Reading and Henley on Thames ,There will be a F3 pit stop challenge so teams need to PM me sometime. Auction as well with yours truly at the realm."great fun". This year i am going to get the classic cars to parade around the estate where the race cars are just to entertain the public a bit moore. The sun always shines and its just a nice couple of days relaxing,nattering,drinking and eating BTW BBQ Saturday evening.Cheers Iain.
Old 11 Jan 2011, 13:31 (Ref:2814208)   #2
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain,
Count me in to help out. If the Tiga is ready I will bring it but looking unlikely. Will see if Colin is available to bring Oliroy and see who else can come. Will copy your post on to CF3 forum. can we win this time?
Cheers
Old 11 Jan 2011, 18:29 (Ref:2814339)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
It's in the diary Iain. We can sort out what I need to to bring nearer the time.
Old 11 Jan 2011, 18:44 (Ref:2814350)   #4
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is in the diary but you might have to find me a new pit stop team as Redlight might not have me in his team this year.
Old 11 Jan 2011, 18:56 (Ref:2814357)   #5
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD.T View Post
It is in the diary but you might have to find me a new pit stop team as Redlight might not have me in his team this year.
Ha Trotty, just do the wheel nut up tight ok. You're a better driver than mechanic that's for sure. No problems. We will win this time!!!!
Old 11 Jan 2011, 18:59 (Ref:2814359)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I think this year we should change both front tyres. I might also do away with pushing the car into the pit as some of the young racing drivers were not to good on steering.WDYT.Thanks for posting on CF3 site Ricardo
Old 11 Jan 2011, 19:04 (Ref:2814361)   #7
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I think this year we should change both front tyres. I might also do away with pushing the car into the pit as some of the young racing drivers were not to good on steering.WDYT.Thanks for posting on CF3 site Ricardo
Yes Iain, perhaps just static change or better still ban under age drivers and leave the push start! We're rather good at it!
Glad to help with the post. Hope we get a few more takers.
Old 11 Jan 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2814368)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Its just a nice idea to get the kids involved.Grown ups too. BTW we will definatley be having bacon butties Sunday morning this year.Its top of agenda with the committee.
Old 11 Jan 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2814369)   #9
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
Then I shall be there early for a bacon buttie. Done deal! Just joking about the younger drivers Iain. God bless them!
Old 11 Jan 2011, 20:33 (Ref:2814393)   #10
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the pushing bit and young drivers added to the fun, made the event longer and involved more people, but whatever as long as people enjoy it.
Old 11 Jan 2011, 20:50 (Ref:2814402)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD.T View Post
I think the pushing bit and young drivers added to the fun, made the event longer and involved more people, but whatever as long as people enjoy it.
OK Richard .Pushing the car into pit now back on.
Old 11 Jan 2011, 21:01 (Ref:2814408)   #12
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
Ok Iain, I'll try not to take it too seriously! Now who do I know that's a good sprinter!!
Old 12 Jan 2011, 08:35 (Ref:2814563)   #13
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If bacon butties are confirmed I will be there again. No one should trust me with a spanner, but I'll provide motive power and the look on the kids faces says you should still have the drivers!

I'll chuck a couple of eat-sleep-race t shirts into the raffle - REMIND ME!!!!
Old 13 Jan 2011, 12:49 (Ref:2815228)   #14
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We were short on Marshall's last year but i will ask Fay to sort that out.
Sorry Iain myself and Fay cannot make it this year as we are at Cholmondley Pageant of Power. I`m sure Fay will see if she can find you some marshals to help out this year.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 15:17 (Ref:2815284)   #15
driverider
Rookie

driverider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this at Vanalloys Ind est?
Old 13 Jan 2011, 16:22 (Ref:2815303)   #16
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverider View Post
Is this at Vanalloys Ind est?
yes
Old 13 Jan 2011, 17:38 (Ref:2815320)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
Sorry Iain myself and Fay cannot make it this year as we are at Cholmondley Pageant of Power. I`m sure Fay will see if she can find you some marshals to help out this year.
Hang on a minute we haven't discussed this yet Alan.I know a few people from the committee will be very disappointed.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 21:57 (Ref:2815433)   #18
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
Same weekend as Cholmondeley? Oh shoot, hadn't seen that I was planning to exhibit there. Will have to have a look at the calendar agin Iain, but still remind me re the tshirts.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 07:52 (Ref:2815558)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
O dear i have lost three VIP's already. Understand though on both counts.I had you down as an entrant for the 10k run Saturday evening Max
Old 14 Jan 2011, 13:20 (Ref:2815656)   #20
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
O dear i have lost three VIP's already. Understand though on both counts.I had you down as an entrant for the 10k run Saturday evening Max
Sure that must be a 10m run to the bar !!!
Old 14 Jan 2011, 14:02 (Ref:2815671)   #21
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my diary too matey
Old 14 Jan 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2815675)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
In my diary too matey
Thanks Nick. Did you realise the Jag was on display last year as well as the B
Old 14 Jan 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2815677)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
And i have done a couple of weddings as well.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 11:46 (Ref:2818239)   #24
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And i have done a couple of weddings as well.

Just seen this

You did tell me about the Jag but I did not know the 'B was there too...I should be doing autographs!
Old 10 Feb 2011, 18:55 (Ref:2829236)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
First committee meeting tonight. "over the pub".BTW we want to get the Stoke Row running and cycling club involved so the plan is to have a fun type dual athlon. ie Bike ride,run ,then bike ride. This will be on Saturday evening before the BBQ.