Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 2 Mar 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3034158)   #26
chormy
Rookie

chormy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought one

well after starting the thread off, I did in fact buy one and was very please with the results. I have not really got to the bottom of best parts but it can record some basic data and has a ongoing log of sort.
Right now though I have just tried to start the car "nothing' no connection to c port. So will have to check it out later if power is there then the ECU has died after only 9hrs engine time.
We did us AT power throttle bodies on the MGC adn gain 40hp over 45 dcoes an a nice tick over at 1020 .
Overall I would recommend both SC an AT power for there engineering.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3034166)   #27
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You gained power over carbs? Your carbs must have been rubbish, as there shouldn't be much increase between TBs and carbs if both are close to optimum.

The Typhoon ECU worked well once the mapping was sorted out, particularly with regard throttle enrichment, and making sure that the injectors had enough spare capacity at high rpms to cope with the required enrichments during gear changes... Still have a few issues programming it now and again - occasionally it'll just forget everything, and the tell-tale is very quick (quicker than normal) cranking. Plug it back in, reboot the laptop, and reprogram.

The AT Power throttle bodies are great. We had a few issues with the extension tubes (between the throttle and the trumpet) cracking around the flange welds, and the holed tube that links the two units also cracking - but AT came up with a modification to both in double quick time to sort it. I think the holed tube has been binned, and all shafts are supplied with slots (if not, they should be). Very pleased with them, and they look great. Bit fiddly to balance though, with tiny screws in inaccessable places and locknuts that are even harder to get to, but it's not like you need to do it very often!!!!
Old 26 Dec 2012, 00:27 (Ref:3181900)   #28
pingpong
Rookie

pingpong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All,

Clearly the typhoon ecu is not the most widely supported hardware going and on that basis I wonder if someone in this thread can help me..

I have a typhoon ECU (re-badged as an TDF EC1) unit that I would like to have some calibration work carried out on. Engine or chassis dyno is not a problem; I am currently searching for a reputable company / individual to work with outside the Renaultsport market who is familiar with the typhoon package (features, desktop software etc...) and who can calibrate a 4 pot Renault cup car engine.

Any advice gladly taken. Thanks.