Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Dec 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3340449)   #151
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
Could you elaborate?
certainly..
because with massive downforce, you get follow-the-car-in-front racing, which is not exactly racing...hence all the gimmicks we have to "spice" it all up..

with follow-the-car-in-front stuff, it might as well be a sprint meeting, where engineers can then engineer to their hearts content to get the quickest car on earth around a track, and you and others who like downforce, can also be satisfied to watch such stuff.

Me, I'd prefer no downforce (aero efficiency is ok ), more power than grip, along with a variety of engines with a displacement limit for normaly-aspirated and turbo accordingly.
Racing would be better, and cars would not all look the same.

Old 5 Dec 2013, 14:36 (Ref:3340461)   #152
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Objects moving through the air always generate such a wake, that slipstreaming is beneficial, at least on straight lines.
Old 5 Dec 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3340480)   #153
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
being a broken record but regardless of what the rules are, at the heart of it the financial disparity between the teams is growing at such a rate that the sport no longer represents what the majority of people (imo) would consider a fair competition.

has it always been like this? perhaps although i would argue never to this extent.

at all levels, sports are separated by leagues based on the grouping of similar talent levels and budgets. imo what we are seeing in F1 at the moment is becoming so very different to what we are used to seeing its not surprising that it comes across as uninteresting.

but i think things are coming to a head and while the on track stuff might be boring next year i have a feeling that the away from track stuff will be mesmerizing.
Old 5 Dec 2013, 18:42 (Ref:3340559)   #154
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F1 might be boring in 2014 due to that Mexican GP, Korean GP and then the New Jersey Street Circuit will be removed from the calendar. As well as I thought the "Saishuusen" will be in Brazil, but later I found out that the "Saishuusen" will be held in Abu Dhabi for the first time.

Note that "Saishuusen" means "final round".

Last edited by TheNo1F1Fan; 5 Dec 2013 at 18:42. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 6 Dec 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3340846)   #155
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
A spending competition exists in case the main requirement to gain an advantage is to use more resources. However, wide regulations will allow teams to gain an advantage due to intelligence and creativity.
No. New technology is always expensive and will find its way only to the highest bidder, regardless of others intelligence or creativity, which can also be bought at the right price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

but i think things are coming to a head and while the on track stuff might be boring next year i have a feeling that the away from track stuff will be mesmerizing.
If by "away from the track stuff" you mean teams squabbling about this and that regulation, I agree.

Last edited by Marbot; 6 Dec 2013 at 16:21.
Old 6 Dec 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3340894)   #156
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If by "away from the track stuff" you mean teams squabbling about this and that regulation, I agree.
Intriguing maybe but mesmerizing or exciting definitely not.