Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 May 2017, 23:13 (Ref:3733712)   #76
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just returning to the first corner incident. Three abreast obviously didn't work. I think I heard an interview where Kimi slipped in a subtle implication of blame to Bottas who "hit him". Yet Valteri was well over the kerb on the inside and still they made contact. Perhaps Kimi was concentrating too much on giving Max room and forgot to accord Valteri the same courtesy.
Old 16 May 2017, 04:10 (Ref:3733731)   #77
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah Lewis' fitness and out of breath race was odd. Even if it wasn't so physical and a lot of it was mental concentration and anxiety, shouldn't he be beyond mental exhaustion? One of the best in the world should be able handle that sort of mental pressure. It did look like Vettel was pushing the car harder than Lewis was, so should have been a lot more out of breath. Odd.
Old 16 May 2017, 06:53 (Ref:3733754)   #78
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Hamilton can't win can he? Do anything remotely outside of F1, hang out with celebrities, take a selfie, etc., he's get's called a so and so. Hell he can't even win driver of the day after out foxing, and out driving he's nearest competitor after what he said was one of the hardest win's he's had to work for. Now he's fitness is an issue apparently??

What next, pick on the way he looks, or he's skin colour??

Oh wait...
Old 16 May 2017, 08:06 (Ref:3733771)   #79
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Team radio from Spain.

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/20..._in_Spain.html
Old 16 May 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3733777)   #80
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Hamilton can't win can he? Do anything remotely outside of F1, hang out with celebrities, take a selfie, etc., he's get's called a so and so. Hell he can't even win driver of the day after out foxing, and out driving he's nearest competitor after what he said was one of the hardest win's he's had to work for. Now he's fitness is an issue apparently??

What next, pick on the way he looks, or he's skin colour??

Oh wait...
Well he does look a right dick in those silly sunglasses.
Old 16 May 2017, 09:47 (Ref:3733805)   #81
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Yeah Lewis' fitness and out of breath race was odd. Even if it wasn't so physical and a lot of it was mental concentration and anxiety, shouldn't he be beyond mental exhaustion? One of the best in the world should be able handle that sort of mental pressure. It did look like Vettel was pushing the car harder than Lewis was, so should have been a lot more out of breath. Odd.
There might be an explanation to Hamilton's fitness issue, he has gone for some extra weight saving by not using a drinks bottle.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129544
Old 16 May 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3733812)   #82
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
There might be an explanation to Hamilton's fitness issue, he has gone for some extra weight saving by not using a drinks bottle.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129544
As if to prove how dumb-downed journalists have become, he/she claims that not having a drinks bottle at the beginning of the race saves a kilo. As most of the liquid would remain within the confines of the car, whether that was retained in the driver's body or sweat that is absorbed into their racing clothes, throughout the race, the saving is minimal in that respect.

Yes, not having a fluids bottle is a weight saving but it's not just at the start of the race.
Old 16 May 2017, 12:58 (Ref:3733851)   #83
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Doesn't seem like risking the effects of dehydration is worth the marginal time savings...seems more desperate then anything else imo.
Old 16 May 2017, 14:04 (Ref:3733867)   #84
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Indeed no wonder he's out of breath. I suspect a Keke style cool helmet is out of the question too?

As for the first corner incident, strange how Bottas backed out of that move with Lewis, he was enough inside to have a go
Old 16 May 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3733873)   #85
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Yes, not having a fluids bottle is a weight saving but it's not just at the start of the race.
'Much too much logic sir! ('scares me 'cause it reminds me of myself )
I caught that also before reading your post.

jimclark
Old 16 May 2017, 17:25 (Ref:3733897)   #86
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Doesn't seem like risking the effects of dehydration is worth the marginal time savings...seems more desperate then anything else imo.
That's the kind of decisions that get made without the knowledge that a personal trainer has.
Old 16 May 2017, 18:12 (Ref:3733906)   #87
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
It doesn't make sense to me. Lack of hydration later in the race seems to be a larger risk to ultimate performance.

But the next time I watch a race, I will be sitting on my comfortable couch at home and I will drink a big glass of water and toast Lewis and his unquenchable thirst!

Richard
Old 16 May 2017, 19:12 (Ref:3733919)   #88
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Well he does look a right dick in those silly sunglasses.
You can't say that! Someone will think you're being racist. If there is one thing worse than being racist it's wrongly accusing another of being racist.

I voted for someone else because, well, I wanted to, but also because I fancied rewarding something nice that happened. I was being flippant and didn't think it would matter too much.

I can see why people would vote for someone other than Lewis. His drive won the race, but others drove as well, or better, for lower places. I can see people not being wowed by the overtake, it wasn't as good as Vettels on Bottas. Although both were DRS aided. Have we forgertten that F1 is rubbish. He got into that position because of the team getting him there and a bit of luck. Factor in that he won a race in a Mercedes and, well, it is easy to see that being a bit underwhelming.

Still, it was a very good drive from Hamilton and not voting for him doesn't stop that or that he netted 25 points, which is what matters to the silly sunglasses wearing F1 legend.
Old 16 May 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3733930)   #89
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
You can't say that! Someone will think you're being racist. If there is one thing worse than being racist it's wrongly accusing another of being racist.

I voted for someone else because, well, I wanted to, but also because I fancied rewarding something nice that happened. I was being flippant and didn't think it would matter too much.

I can see why people would vote for someone other than Lewis. His drive won the race, but others drove as well, or better, for lower places. I can see people not being wowed by the overtake, it wasn't as good as Vettels on Bottas. Although both were DRS aided. Have we forgertten that F1 is rubbish. He got into that position because of the team getting him there and a bit of luck. Factor in that he won a race in a Mercedes and, well, it is easy to see that being a bit underwhelming.

Still, it was a very good drive from Hamilton and not voting for him doesn't stop that or that he netted 25 points, which is what matters to the silly sunglasses wearing F1 legend.

I did not intend to imply that wearing 'silly sunglasses' lessened the quality of his driving, or that it had anything whatsoever to do with his skin colour, simply that when standing next to Vettel on the podium ... well .... he looked ......... silly.
In my eyes at least, no doubt many people, fans and non-fans of the man think he looks 'cool'.
After all we all have different perspectives on may things.
Old 16 May 2017, 20:44 (Ref:3733933)   #90
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
The times they are a-changin'.....

jimclark
Old 16 May 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3733934)   #91
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That's the kind of decisions that get made without the knowledge that a personal trainer has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
It doesn't make sense to me. Lack of hydration later in the race seems to be a larger risk to ultimate performance.
since posting that i have actually been going back and forth on what i think about the 'danger level' of said choice.

medically, i imagine he has been well advised what the effects are on his physiology, short and long term.

if its a risk he is willing to take then that would hardly make him the first athlete to jeopardize personal health in order to achieve sporting success.

or does it add a level of risk to the other drivers?

extreme diets for F1 drivers is nothing new so maybe this is just a case of nothing to see here?

have read some pretty funny suggestions on the interwebs about what else Ham can do to shed some extra weight.

donate a kidney, shave the hair plugs, get a lobotomy.
Old 16 May 2017, 21:31 (Ref:3733942)   #92
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Lobotomy? Don't you have to have one to remove it?

Crap. Am I racist now?
Old 16 May 2017, 21:37 (Ref:3733943)   #93
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post

Crap. Am I racist now?
Maybe. But since he didn't win driver of the day on am Internet forum, I'm blaming you. How do you live with yourself?
Old 16 May 2017, 21:59 (Ref:3733948)   #94
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Maybe. But since he didn't win driver of the day on am Internet forum, I'm blaming you. How do you live with yourself?
It's hard, man. Should I start posting my every move on social media so you can see for yourself?
Old 16 May 2017, 22:09 (Ref:3733950)   #95
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do you have a dog?

Back to the racing. I did think the cars loooked pretty good out there. Not so much the cars themselves as the attitude on track. You could see differences between cars and even different laps for the same driver. I can't be sure if it is better than last year as I haven't compared, but it did strike me this year.

I also liked Vettel's double dummy on Bottas. That was fun.
Old 18 May 2017, 08:54 (Ref:3734203)   #96
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post

Crap. Am I racist now?

No. Just a bit silly.
Old 18 May 2017, 13:44 (Ref:3734258)   #97
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No. Just a bit silly.
Ah! But does he have he sunglasses to prove it?