Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Dec 2008, 07:14 (Ref:2354041)   #51
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofan
jesus christ you people are full of ****, the car patrizi was in this year was 4-5 years old, the team owner jim morton was willing to spend no money on improving the car because he had no money and there are more reasons to why he has left the sport then many of you and its a fact that alot of team owners repsect michael and his ability to drive namely the guys at dick johnson racing and fpr YOU delusional about the type of car patrizi was in this year, it was not even in the same league as the other two prepared by fpr i shouldnt say alot of this but i find what you people are writing ridiculous your a bunch of wanna be know it alls
It was the ex TKR machine, correct?
Old 13 Dec 2008, 07:32 (Ref:2354044)   #52
motofan
Racer

motofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not sure if it was ex tkr but it was an old chasis and word down pit lane at bathurst was that they where running less hp then other teams to preserve the engine as they did not bring a spare where as many teams had brand new engines for bathurst as is common practice, but like many of you have said motorsport comes down to budget not just to get the drive but also to perform if patrizi does no good next year then sure ill admit im wrong but to attack a driver in his first year of tin tops or touring cars where he is competing with people with development series and main game experience is unfair and to say wellhe should go into the development series to get experience? the development series is the closest thing to a "money pit" the world has ever seen that series needs alot of work i apologise for the miss spealt words and what not
Old 13 Dec 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2354046)   #53
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
jesus christ you people are full of ****, the car patrizi was in this year was 4-5 years old, the team owner jim morton was willing to spend no money on improving the car because he had no money and there are more reasons to why he has left the sport then many of you and its a fact that alot of team owners repsect michael and his ability to drive namely the guys at dick johnson racing and fpr YOU delusional about the type of car patrizi was in this year, it was not even in the same league as the other two prepared by fpr i shouldnt say alot of this but i find what you people are writing ridiculous your a bunch of wanna be know it alls
My read on this, is that if you are a player in the main game then you have to be competitive and be a reasonable contender at each and every round. If you ain't, then you are gonna cop it, from the media and all of us wannabees. And you are damn right, we ARE wannabees, only difference is, we don't have big enough chequebooks, and in my case, any talent.
Then of course, if what the Kalgoolie rag has printed is true, he had better pull his head in and wait till he gets some better results before he makes any more "comment". Lets see how he goes next year.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 07:45 (Ref:2354048)   #54
Mr Intolerant
Rookie

Australia
Under your momma's bed!
Mr Intolerant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMr Intolerant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crash Davis: Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob.

Bull Durham 1988
Old 13 Dec 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2354057)   #55
shadow_man
Rookie

shadow_man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Patrizi Delusional??

Quote:
Where are you getting your info? the car was the same as the leading FPR cars, in fact quicker on one test day (but then that was in the hands of a real race car driver...).

What are these reason for leaving the sport?? Jim did an outstanding job for about 40 years in motor racing, pointing the finger at him for a drivers short comings after introducing so many other great races to top line motorsport is way over the mark.

The respect in the pitlane is for the greens in his daddy's pocket, not the skill behind the wheel. I can assure you that Dick isn't one of the guys at DJR that has anytime for someone of the skill and character of Michael Patrizi.

Seems that we here are not the only wanna be know it all's.....
Old 13 Dec 2008, 10:22 (Ref:2354109)   #56
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michael seems like a nice bloke. With a seven-digit sum for race budget for 2009, expect to see him in a car further developing his V8 Supercar driving experience.

It may not be entirely Dad's money that got him there either, but then some assume the prominent brand on the car is his Dad's.....
Old 13 Dec 2008, 23:48 (Ref:2354451)   #57
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_man
Where are you getting your info? the car was the same as the leading FPR cars, in fact quicker on one test day (but then that was in the hands of a real race car driver...).
Benalla with a Frost...? Several seconds faster than the cars regular driver, or so the story goes.
Old 14 Dec 2008, 00:13 (Ref:2354459)   #58
dazza027
Racer

dazza027 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, that would mean that hes about as fast as ANY of us mugs...
Old 15 Dec 2008, 03:08 (Ref:2354963)   #59
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza027
Wow, that would mean that hes about as fast as ANY of us mugs...
If he can get within a couple of seconds of Frosty, that would make him a lot quicker than 95% of the people on this forum.
Old 15 Dec 2008, 04:23 (Ref:2354978)   #60
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
If he can get within a couple of seconds of Frosty, that would make him a lot quicker than 95% of the people on this forum.
Wouldn't that place him 4th in the championship then? Or did you mean on one occasion?
Old 15 Dec 2008, 04:48 (Ref:2354985)   #61
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Patrizi has improved quite a bit over the season. Race 2 at Oran Park was actually quite encouraging, leading home Marshall, Thompson and Gaunt relatively comfortably - and clinging to the back of the Sprint Gas cars and BJR cars for a while. Pace wise, that is a reasonable improvement - I remember thinking he was doing a pretty good job.

Unfortunately he still makes too many mistakes - if he gets another go next year, he really needs to cut back on them in a big way.
Old 15 Dec 2008, 05:26 (Ref:2354992)   #62
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just think he can tell the grandkids how he beat Mark skaife home in Race1 and 2 at Oran Park, the last time the V8's ran there!
Old 15 Dec 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2355534)   #63
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm still confused. I thought this car was the CAMS Rising Star car, and therefore should have a some young, fast, future super star driving?

By all counts, it sounds like he is just a Son of Rich Father that makes lots of mistakes and talks himself up?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 02:46 (Ref:2355685)   #64
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
I'm still confused. I thought this car was the CAMS Rising Star car, and therefore should have a some young, fast, future super star driving?

By all counts, it sounds like he is just a Son of Rich Father that makes lots of mistakes and talks himself up?
Ford
Old 16 Dec 2008, 02:57 (Ref:2355689)   #65
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oooh, my mistake, sorry!

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 03:03 (Ref:2355691)   #66
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CAMS Rising Stars are still in Fords thpugh .... Formula Fords
Old 16 Dec 2008, 03:24 (Ref:2355696)   #67
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
CAMS Rising Stars are still in Fords thpugh .... Formula Fords
The second bit was also right, Sons of rich fathers.
Old 22 Dec 2008, 02:38 (Ref:2359496)   #68
Stocky
Rookie

Stocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally, I saw plenty of him in karts.

Didn't see anything impressive then (despite the best gear) so it looks like nothing has changed really.

He's always been keen to tell you how good he is. That's not changed either LOL

Who really cares ?

If he's got the cash then he can go V8 racing and it's a free country.

If he thinks he's good then that's great for him.

Any PR you read is always going to have a positive spin. He's hardly going to bag himself.
Old 22 Dec 2008, 04:46 (Ref:2359521)   #69
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see this thread re-ignited!

I was a guest of a sponsor of the team at a round earlier in the year, and to my surprise Mr. Patrizi seemed keen to pass the responsibility of his poor performances to his team/car rather than putting his hand up and announce himself as the no talent rookie he was/is!

I feel for PCR and Coulthard who will have to put up with his ranting next year. One hopes that when he announces his connection with Mario Theissen (sp?) or the Prince of Bahrhain the team principles will promptly tell him, "we dont care!"
Old 22 Dec 2008, 06:19 (Ref:2359531)   #70
FalconXRated
Racer

FalconXRated should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see him in a 2 car team with a team mate that can set up the car, in a one car team, even with a good car, its been hard to judge.

We know what PCR have been able to achieve with Fabian so this next year will be interesting.

Wasn't this also Dumbrells make our break year in good equipment?
A year to forget but RK did't exactly have a blinder either.
Old 22 Dec 2008, 08:37 (Ref:2359570)   #71
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXRated
I would like to see him in a 2 car team with a team mate that can set up the car, in a one car team, even with a good car, its been hard to judge.
Except Mr Patrizi was part of a 3 car team, and the other 2 cars seemed to win rounds of the series in 2008....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 Dec 2008, 08:59 (Ref:2359581)   #72
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Holly Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Except Mr Patrizi was part of a 3 car team, and the other 2 cars seemed to win rounds of the series in 2008....
But was there any data sharing going on at the track?

Was Patrizi allowed to take part in the FPR debriefs after each session?

Was Patrizi's garage even anywhere near the FPR one?

Hardly a 3 car team in my view...
Old 22 Dec 2008, 13:35 (Ref:2359710)   #73
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic
I was a guest of a sponsor of the team at a round earlier in the year
How is your forehead?
Old 22 Dec 2008, 21:17 (Ref:2359880)   #74
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Wood

It was 1 car team.
Michael said it a FPR prepared car under FRSR.
Old 22 Dec 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2359901)   #75
FalconXRated
Racer

FalconXRated should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Wood

Exactly, its like saying BJR were part of a 6 or 8 car team because of their car being prepared by WPG.
The FPR cars were good last year but without a senior driver to asist on race day as I said its hard to judge.

You can't beat experince in setting up cars, look where Rusty got the Supercheap car this year.
Closed Thread