Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Apr 2010, 23:20 (Ref:2682447)   #1
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
WSR Formula Renault 3.5 Races 3 & 4 - Spa Francorchamps, Belgium

Match scheduled: 01-05-2010 from 14:00 until 15:00
Race #1 - World Series Renault @ Belgium

Match scheduled: 02-05-2010 from 14:00 until 15:00
Race #2 - World Series Renault @ Belgium

http://www.worldseriesbyrenault.com/
Old 1 May 2010, 07:56 (Ref:2682576)   #2
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arthur Pic will start on pole for both FR2.0 races.

Red flag in Fr3.5 qualy,Guerrieri out.
Old 1 May 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2682587)   #3
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aleshin P1
Berthon P2
Pentus P3
Old 1 May 2010, 09:41 (Ref:2682605)   #4
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to Ricciardo? He didn't set a lap time
Old 1 May 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2682658)   #5
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He ended up in the gravel at Rivage, as did Guerrieri.
Old 1 May 2010, 12:21 (Ref:2682677)   #6
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Live timing: http://intranetwsr.alkamelsystems.com/live.html

Hartley looking racey for a change.
Old 1 May 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2682711)   #7
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Nary a sponsor on Aleshin's car, how does that work.

Not sure what happened to Hartley there, it looked like he pulled off so I guess mechanical. Pentus not really in it but again, lots of pace and a very respectable P2.

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 1 May 2010 at 14:03.
Old 1 May 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2682712)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
Hartley looking racey for a change.
Oh dear, Brendon must have got over excited, because he didn't finish the race although his average speed for the laps he did complete was the fastest. Results.

PS Just seen L2LO's post, so Brendon was clearly robbed of a win!
Old 1 May 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2682715)   #9
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
LOL Strider, not sure he'd have gotten round there, Aleshin's car's pretty shiney...

Although that was an honest effort from Hartley I must say - not for lack of trying and haven't lately seen much of that from him, as I can recall.
Old 1 May 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2682716)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Obviously I missed the race, but I'm sure you are right. There doesn't seem to be much overtaking in this Series unless the driver in front makes a mistake. It's big boys' F3 really.

A good day for Carlin, though, with Aleshin winning here and James Calado doing the same in BF3 at Silverstone.
Old 1 May 2010, 14:24 (Ref:2682721)   #11
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Yeah, 10-4. My coverage in Polish I think it was. The Carlin boys did look pleased and Aleshin P1 fair and square. Not much overtaking no, but they look and sound as sweet as ever around eau rouge.
Old 1 May 2010, 17:42 (Ref:2682791)   #12
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Jon Lancaster and Anton Nebylitskiy have been demoted to 9th and 10th, so Mansell moves up to 5th, Leo 6th, Grumuller 7th and Charouz 8th. Apparently Lancaster got demoted due to Mansell complaining about a move Jon pulled off on Charouz at the chicane, so not 'respecting track limits'. Not the first time Greg whinges about things, remember him and his much quicker team-mate Seb Hohenthal in F3?! And Anton gets 10 seconds added on due to his collision with Berthon.
Old 1 May 2010, 17:53 (Ref:2682796)   #13
telerepairman
Rookie

telerepairman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had to turn off sound: Carlton Kirby is so completely unlistenable.He even repeated his ad lib script twice at the start.He just ruins any sense of understanding what`s going on.Sorry but BAAAAAAAAH.
Old 1 May 2010, 18:00 (Ref:2682797)   #14
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
Jon Lancaster and Anton Nebylitskiy have been demoted to 9th and 10th, so Mansell moves up to 5th, Leo 6th, Grumuller 7th and Charouz 8th. Apparently Lancaster got demoted due to Mansell complaining about a move Jon pulled off on Charouz at the chicane, so not 'respecting track limits'. Not the first time Greg whinges about things, remember him and his much quicker team-mate Seb Hohenthal in F3?! And Anton gets 10 seconds added on due to his collision with Berthon.
Ah, thanks for that Runshaw, still nothing on Hartley's DNF save this at Autosport:

Quote:
The only man able to live with the Russian's pace was Tech 1 Racing's Brendon Hartley, but an enthralling battle for the lead ended when the Kiwi's machine ground to a halt on lap 16.
Match scheduled: 02-05-2010 from 14:00 until 15:00
Race #2 - World Series Renault @ Belgium

Edit: Oh, and Mansell, surprised he's even out there quite frankly, (but I dunno nothin').

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 1 May 2010 at 18:08.
Old 1 May 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2682809)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Don't even remind me about that. At least this time Mansell didn't take the law into his hands. Maybe he couldn't pick on someone smaller than him.
Old 1 May 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2682838)   #16
Shaddix
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Shaddix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
LOL Strider, not sure he'd have gotten round there, Aleshin's car's pretty shiney...

Although that was an honest effort from Hartley I must say - not for lack of trying and haven't lately seen much of that from him, as I can recall.
I was at the pouhon corner, and it sounded like a sick gearbox, especially on the down shifts
Old 1 May 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2682879)   #17
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Shaddix;2682838]I was at the pouhon corner, and it sounded like a sick gearbox, especially on the down shifts[/QUOTE

Unconfirmed rumor has it that Hartley had fuel problems, Possibly Half full tanks hence the new found pace and easy pass on Pentus.
Old 1 May 2010, 22:26 (Ref:2682900)   #18
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Why on earth would he have a half tank?
Old 2 May 2010, 05:35 (Ref:2682991)   #19
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
High order F U
Old 2 May 2010, 12:04 (Ref:2683150)   #20
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Formation lap and a wet track, maybe too wet.
Old 2 May 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2683177)   #21
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I'm watching Live Timing and it's saying that TEN drivers have to take a drive-thru!!!

I'm tipping Esteban Guerrieri for the win...
Old 2 May 2010, 13:08 (Ref:2683186)   #22
Shaddix
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Shaddix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Mak;2682879]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddix View Post
I was at the pouhon corner, and it sounded like a sick gearbox, especially on the down shifts[/QUOTE

Unconfirmed rumor has it that Hartley had fuel problems, Possibly Half full tanks hence the new found pace and easy pass on Pentus.
but that wouldn't explain the really bad sound that came from his gearbox
Old 2 May 2010, 13:30 (Ref:2683191)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I'm tipping Esteban Guerrieri for the win...
I thank you! Not bad for his second meeting with a new team.
Old 2 May 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2683216)   #24
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
None that I can imagine. Pure rumour. Anyway, it's now been confirmed as a gearbox problem.
Old 2 May 2010, 14:30 (Ref:2683217)   #25
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I thank you! Not bad for his second meeting with a new team.
LOL, dobry Strider, esp. from where you were watching. Not sure it was a particular bit of driving for the win there but, points in the bag. I'd rather hoped Rosenzweig could've pulled out a win, dunno the last time an American won a World Series race.

Still trying to figure what the drive-through's were for, and the black & white warning flag "track limits" while I'm at it (out-of-bounds like)?

Updated standings directly.

Edit: Win, place, and show. (I thought Zampieri looked pretty feisty throughout.)

1. Esteban Guerrieri ISR 45m 25.474s 17 laps
2. Daniel Zampieri Pons +3.308s
3. Stefano Coletti Comtec +17.157s

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 2 May 2010 at 14:46.