Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Feb 2012, 01:39 (Ref:3024694)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drink 2013 Silly Season (Merged)

Now... I know what you are thinking... its WAAAAAYYY to early for a 2013 Silly Season thread... but with the recent announcement of the Nissan/Kelly Racing alliance... the teams have put 2013 into play for us already...

So.. what do we 'know' right now?

There are 5 constructor teams....

888 - Holden & Ford bodied chassis, likely building chassis for DJR, Tekno, LDM
HRT - Holden bodied chassis, likely building chassis for GRM, BJR
SBR - Ford bodied chassis, likely only building enough cars for themselves
FPR - Ford bodied chassis, presumably building a car for TDR
KR/Nismo - Nissan bodied chassis, have said they are only building enough chassis for themselves

Where will the other teams go for their chassis?

The biggest assumption here is that 888 will build chassis for both Holden and Ford panels to be wrapped around. 888 race engineering has gone out of its way to separate itself in the hearts and minds from the Team Vodafone race team... is it possible? Will their Holden deal allow such a thing? Remember Holden came onboard sponsoring Team Vodafone after they had finished building their last Ford paneled chassis... assuming it is Holden that Team Vodafone runs in 2013 of course

It has been rumoured that GRM might buy chassis from WP, but if GRM change carmakers, then it isnt likely WP will build them chassis to wrap Great Wall or Chery or Chrysler panels around. Or is it?

What will Nismo/Kelly look like next season? Story Here suggests he isnt likely to remain there if Nissan is the weapon of choice. Are they serious about the 'Nissan works' look for the cars? Is Mr Reindler still the pilot of choice for the 4th chassis? And who might replace Mr Murphy? An international Nissan placement perhaps?

Will PMM get their own band back together, or as is rumoured are they taking a stake in making sure DJR returns stronger? Could the 2 PMM RECs end up at DJR, alongside the single DJR REC and single FFF REC to offer a 4 car offering for a new car maker? And if so.. who might that be? And would 888 have the capacity & willingness to supply the chassis to wrap panels around?

What of Mr Schwerkolt's Chasports REC? Will it really leave DJR at season's end, and perhaps replace Tekno's leased PMM version? And if so, will Mr Patrizi still be the chosen pilot? Or is this Mr Moffat's possible future home?

Was Tekno pulling people's legs when they were talking after Bathurst of introducing a new car maker into the sport? Who might it be? And would 888 really build them chassis to wrap panels around something other than a Ford/Holden?

Will BJR continue with their Holden customer program, or is there a 4 ringed brand in their future? Where would the chassis then come from to wrap those panels around?

Will Ford continue to support both SBR & FPR in their CotF Falcons?

If SBR loses Ford backing, do they have a Plan B, to go to another car maker, or indeed have the commercial gravitas to replace the currently Ford signage space with other brands... and stick it up the factory team

Will FPR still be around if they arent successful in this year's series?

Lots of questions.. some answers will fall out of the happenings of this season... that's why its all Silly I guess... but it might be good fun to watch on anyway!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Feb 2012, 03:34 (Ref:3024707)   #2
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can’t imagine T8RE or WP give an airborne act of fornication about who buys there chassis and wraps what body over it. It’s all about the dollars, not which body panels are hanging off the outside.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 03:44 (Ref:3024710)   #3
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well if the good ol' boys from Albury decide to run with Audi, what do they use? A4, A6, A8 or S5 Sportback?
Old 12 Feb 2012, 04:25 (Ref:3024716)   #4
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murph's open to a Nissan deal.

If it's true about more manufacturers entering, I'm not expecting 888 or SBR to be running the same cars as this year.

An SBR Audi sound nice.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 05:57 (Ref:3024744)   #5
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Audi in V8SC........now that is freakin' ridiculous.
What possible marketing benefit would that give them? Unless of course, they plan on a major discounted sales campaign, to sell a shipload of cars in Collingwood, Cabramatta and Caboolture. Sorry ... that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 06:03 (Ref:3024746)   #6
Driver TBA
Veteran

Your right. how stupid...

Audi would never want to be involved in V8SC!

Old 12 Feb 2012, 06:38 (Ref:3024747)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post

you shouldn't embarrass elitist fools like that
Old 12 Feb 2012, 07:27 (Ref:3024757)   #8
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post

Since when have the course cars been included in the V8SC field? You may like to elaborate and fill us in with Audi's results since they have been competing with the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
you shouldn't embarrass elitist fools like that
Well thanks for that , at least I'm an elitist (definition for your benefit...."considered superior by others") fool, rather than a run of the mill variety such as your good self.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 09:13 (Ref:3024788)   #9
Driver TBA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Since when have the course cars been included in the V8SC field? You may like to elaborate and fill us in with Audi's results since they have been competing with the others.

Quote:
Maybe you should have 'elaborated' your response first?

I merely replied to the fact that Audi have previously been involved in V8SC with the Course and Safety car program. Paid a pretty penny to be involved too.

Even let a yobbo beer company plaster their name all over the sides

Must be a motley crew of marketing guru's down at the 4 ringed circus.

Then again, they are no longer part of the 'V8 circus'... Maybe they got your point!
Old 12 Feb 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3024798)   #10
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

Well thanks for that , at least I'm an elitist (definition for your benefit...."considered superior by others") fool, rather than a run of the mill variety such as your good self.
yeah let me share thesaurus words for elitist for you, snob arrogant stuck up, uppity condescending, pretentious
enjoy yourself though
Old 12 Feb 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3024835)   #11
golfGTD
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
golfGTD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woah! This took a turn for the worse!

I think Mr Forklifts will take his REC to Tekno and PMM will take the REC currently leased to Tekno to DJR. DJR will remain a 4 car team next year.

For the record, I love the V8's but also love my European cars so where does that leave me????
Old 12 Feb 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3024836)   #12
snappa
Racer

snappa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
didn't Audi supply the pace cars back in 04 or 05? Whenever the WPS days were. I remember getting a ride in it around Barbagello it would have been better if someone hadn't crashed one of the cars a round or two before ( they were restricted to a max speed of 80 Kph after that from memory)
Old 12 Feb 2012, 12:04 (Ref:3024840)   #13
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/moto...211-1sylk.html

Quote:
veteran team owner Garry Rogers will only admit that Chrysler is just one of several car companies he has approached.

''I've been in contact with everybody,'' Rogers said, clarifying that he has pitched to about six manufacturers.

He describes his talks with Chrysler Australia so far as ''just general chat'' and ruled out being close to ending his long-standing allegiance to Holden, which no longer provides his team with financial support.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/moto...#ixzz1mAVJqrPG
Old 12 Feb 2012, 14:51 (Ref:3024880)   #14
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What possible marketing benefit would that give them? Unless of course, they plan on a major discounted sales campaign, to sell a shipload of cars in Collingwood, Cabramatta and Caboolture. Sorry ... that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

Hey do yourself a favour and goto a v8 meet and look at the makeup of the crowd (or even the car park)... They ain't all bogans
Old 12 Feb 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3024942)   #15
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Todd step aside?
Old 12 Feb 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3024951)   #16
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
Now.... this is getting a bit silly.
My original point was, and still is, that the series doesn't fit with Audi's sales demographic. I would be saying the same thing if BMW or Mercedes came to the party.
@peckstar.... pal, are you just a grumpy old man or what? You're pretty good at dishing it out, but.....! Get out from in front of your computer screen and go smell the roses.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3024976)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
dude, i am pretty good at dishing it out and as someone who has meatheads on here threaten to punch my head, i reckon i must be pretty good at coping with whats given back.

But right now you have been proved wrong. Audi have shown they are interested in marketing to the v8 crowd. You need to man up and admit this. you were wrong and in doing so you have shown you really dont understand V8's. maybe you should play in the sports car forum with all the other elitist posters

Audi's start at about 30k in Australia, thats well within the price range of many fans of the v8 series. Audi is not that special
Old 12 Feb 2012, 22:53 (Ref:3025015)   #18
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
dude, i am pretty good at dishing it out and as someone who has meatheads on here threaten to punch my head, i reckon i must be pretty good at coping with whats given back.
........but nothing could hurt your head, there's nothing inside.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3025017)   #19
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about we get back to the 2013 silly season...

i think GRM wants a piece of a factory pie. Expect to see them running something different.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 23:45 (Ref:3025030)   #20
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
........but nothing could hurt your head, there's nothing inside.
why did you even bother to post, nothing intelligent to add.

i think porche is big enough to have his own discussion without his little patsy getting involved
Old 13 Feb 2012, 01:18 (Ref:3025054)   #21
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

But right now you have been proved wrong. Audi have shown they are interested in marketing to the v8 crowd. You need to man up and admit this. you were wrong and in doing so you have shown you really dont understand V8's. maybe you should play in the sports car forum with all the other elitist posters

Audi's start at about 30k in Australia, thats well within the price range of many fans of the v8 series. Audi is not that special
You were handed a peace pipe and broke it in half? Well beyond sensible discussion, calm down mate! Doesn't help anyone to try and chase people away.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 01:30 (Ref:3025058)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
You were handed a peace pipe and broke it in half? Well beyond sensible discussion, calm down mate! Doesn't help anyone to try and chase people away.
where was the peace pipe?

peace doesnt come with an insult

Audi has considered the viewiers of v8 supercars to be an acceptable market in the recent past.

possibly they will be back next year in 2013. or maybe there owners might be with another brand
Old 13 Feb 2012, 02:37 (Ref:3025075)   #23
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
why did you even bother to post, nothing intelligent to add.

i think porche is big enough to have his own discussion without his little patsy getting involved
I couldn't resist.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 03:04 (Ref:3025083)   #24
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappa View Post
didn't Audi supply the pace cars back in 04 or 05? Whenever the WPS days were. I remember getting a ride in it around Barbagello it would have been better if someone hadn't crashed one of the cars a round or two before ( they were restricted to a max speed of 80 Kph after that from memory)
O4 was the Audi, 05 Was the Chrysler (omnom the 300C Tourer)
Old 13 Feb 2012, 05:56 (Ref:3025110)   #25
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so if my ol'mate Papa Smurf stays loyal to Holden what fulltime drive would be avalible? or does it look like enduro's only?