Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Apr 2017, 00:50 (Ref:3729982)   #1
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote of the Week

Every week there are some brilliant quotes from the people in and around F1, drivers, team members, journalists and commentators.
Post them here for everyone's enjoyment.

"Hulkenberg is unhappy - to put it mildly - about the way Hamilton compromised - or a word something like that - his out lap."

from https://www.pitpass.com/58936/Ferrar...ochi-front-row
Old 30 Apr 2017, 06:37 (Ref:3730012)   #2
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://twitter.com/F1/status/858449678060343296

Old 30 Apr 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3730143)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Brilliant answer there
Old 30 Apr 2017, 17:18 (Ref:3730151)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is an excellent idea for a thread, wnut.

There is probably a Kimi Raikkonen quote of the race many races (and a Fernando Alonso one when he stays in it long enough). Paraphrasing this one completely, but:

Engineer: Bottas is eight seconds a lap in front and you are lapping quicker.
Kimi: What do you mean? How did he end up in front?
Engineer: Bottas was leading, Kimi.
Kimi: Ah, okay. I thought it was the other one.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3730160)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, that was the moment of the race
Old 1 May 2017, 10:14 (Ref:3730310)   #6
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
"Try three times please Fernando."
"I try already, so try yourself."

12 secs here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecp_JoVHveQ
Old 1 May 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3730380)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Massa poking fun of SV's tendency to 'complain' on the radio.

https://streamable.com/lkkea

funny but Alonso on the radio would still get my vote.
Old 2 May 2017, 14:41 (Ref:3730574)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

Thought Massa was very accurate there, Vettel does seem to expect backmarkers to just disappear
Old 2 May 2017, 23:24 (Ref:3730643)   #9
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Great idea for a thread - I expect we'll see some gems in here.

I really noticed on Sunday how difficult some engineers make it - give the driver the lap time of themselves and the car in front/behind, leaving the driver to work out the time difference, instead of just saying "X is lapping 4 tenths quicker" or whatever.

I liked VB's comment near the end when he said something like "stop talking now, let me drive" or words to that effect.

Kimi & Fernando tie for the best radio comments from this one though.
Old 3 May 2017, 08:53 (Ref:3730720)   #10
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The official site give some of the 'best' of team radio on their site.

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/20...in_Russia.html

'just press that overtake a bit earlier on the two main straights'
'The remaining laps - I want less talking'
Old 11 May 2017, 16:48 (Ref:3732846)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
early entry for this week about tires from Perez.

“I think the hard will be just for the picture, basically,”

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/p...ctures-904199/
Old 12 May 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3732966)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Thursday Press conferenceparaphrased a little)
"So Fernando, if McLaren cannot give you a race winning car for next year would you have to look at other teams maybe even go back to Ferrari?"

Alonso slightly sheepishly:
"er heheheh"
Old 12 May 2017, 12:34 (Ref:3732986)   #13
S griffin
Veteran

This thread is great, shows F1 drivers still have some character
Old 12 May 2017, 14:08 (Ref:3733012)   #14
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
According to Autosport.com Alonso (who didn't manage a lap in FP 1 due to an engine failure) has made a rather cutting comment:
Having turned a session-low 21 laps, Alonso ranted on the radio at one stage that: "The engine feels good. Much slower than before. Amazing."
I think that the tether he's coming to the end of is shortening by the outing!
Old 12 May 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3733015)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
the unintentional F1 king of comedy!

from thursdays press conference.

Q: Two weeks to go until your Indy 500 race debut. You’ve had some practice at the Brickyard, how’s it going?

FA: Did you watch it?

Yeah, on the stream.

FA: OK. You really have nothing to do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkmG38nhels
Old 12 May 2017, 15:14 (Ref:3733021)   #16
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
the unintentional F1 king of comedy!

from thursdays press conference.

Q: Two weeks to go until your Indy 500 race debut. You’ve had some practice at the Brickyard, how’s it going?

FA: Did you watch it?

Yeah, on the stream.

FA: OK. You really have nothing to do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkmG38nhels
So I think that was funny, but to me, it also indicates that Alonso was aware that a slew of people watched it. And he may not quite understand why. Especially a great deal of it was... "hurry up and wait".

Richard
Old 13 May 2017, 03:26 (Ref:3733117)   #17
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Alonso is on a roll at the moment.

Asked exactly what the issue was with his engine in FP1, Alonso replied "There was a hole in the engine, and the oil was coming out."
Old 13 May 2017, 06:36 (Ref:3733130)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't suppose you saw that on video? If so do you have a link, I'd like to use it for something. I found the quote mentioned http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/39897407
Old 13 May 2017, 07:54 (Ref:3733135)   #19
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Some videos posted in this thread, and in other threads are in breach of the "terms and conditions" of this forum. So unless the terms and conditions for this forum are changed, I don't want to get myself in trouble with the moderators.

Would also like to see this forum move from this very outdated version of vBulletin to a newer more modern version, where you are able to embed video's in your posts and many other great features. Latest version is up to 5.3.0 now. But that, along with the T&C's are up to the owner of the forum I guess.
Old 13 May 2017, 18:08 (Ref:3733261)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it an illegal site? Assuming not then linking and giving credit is fine.

Thanks for offering to fund the upgrade I'll get MagnetOn or EvilPumpkin to contact you. legend
Old 13 May 2017, 19:44 (Ref:3733272)   #21
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Is it an illegal site? Assuming not then linking and giving credit is fine.

Thanks for offering to fund the upgrade I'll get MagnetOn or EvilPumpkin to contact you. legend
How much is the upgrade? If it'd be an improvement I'd contribute if others would too.
Old 13 May 2017, 20:22 (Ref:3733281)   #22
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Some videos posted in this thread, and in other threads are in breach of the "terms and conditions" of this forum. So unless the terms and conditions for this forum are changed, I don't want to get myself in trouble with the moderators.
I'm sure we all would not want to get in trouble. I have had a look through the forum rules, and can't find the T's & C's you refer to that have been violated. Can you link to the relevant area?
Old 14 May 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3733444)   #23
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Hamilton on the turn one contact with Vettel: I felt like I ran out of road and I was on the outside but that is racing and I wouldn't have changed it for the world.
Old 14 May 2017, 18:23 (Ref:3733456)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Alonso is on a roll at the moment.

Asked exactly what the issue was with his engine in FP1, Alonso replied "There was a hole in the engine, and the oil was coming out."
Reminds me of some of those classic comedy lines from the Bathurst Ch7 footage in the old days!!

Commentator to car live feed:
"So (John) what was caused the crash?"
'Er well it was out of control!"

Classic!
Old 14 May 2017, 18:25 (Ref:3733458)   #25
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Reminds me of some of those classic comedy lines from the Bathurst Ch7 footage in the old days!!

Commentator to car live feed:
"So (John) what was caused the crash?"
'Er well it was out of control!"

Classic!
Someone once was asked how important tyres are. They answered "Very, they keep the car off the ground."