Old 11 Jun 2002, 08:33 (Ref:310375)   #1
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2003 Formula 1 Silly Season - Overview

2003 Formula One Silly Season...

Well, it's getting to the stage of the season where we start to wonder about lineups for next season. Who's going to go where etc. For me, it all centres around Michael Schumacher, Mark Webber, and Fernando Alonso - they are the key players. If Michael wins championship number five (and it's quite possible he'll have it sown up by perhaps the French or German Grand Prix if he continues to score 10-0 from his rivals), I can see Jacques Villeneuve possibly going to Ferrari, possibly with Bernie's help - he wants to see JV in a top team, and when Schu retires, he'll be the only big name driver. Go down to the shop, and ask some bloke/woman to name 2 Formula One drivers, and they'll probably say Schumacher, Villeneuve unless they are a fan like us. So yes, for me, if Michael retires, that opens the door to JV, with Takuma Sato moving from Jordan to keep the Honda motors (I think Jordan MAY switch to Cosworth), with someone else in the Jordan seat. Maybe Eddie Irvine? It's rumoured that Fernando will go to Jaguar, and that seems quite likely following last weeks test, and EI and EJ know each other fairly well, so no probs there. As far as Mark Webber goes, he is talking to Toyota and Renault, so we'll just have to see how it goes.

Anyway, I think things will work out like this:
http://cfm.globalf1.net/2003.htm

I'd type it up again here, but I am too lazy, so I'll just point you to that.

Scott
Old 11 Jun 2002, 08:48 (Ref:310385)   #2
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gosh it so up-in-the-air isnt it...

how about this for a senario - heard it on another f1 forum...
MS to retire,
RS or JB 2 willams
if JB 2 ferrari then Webber to Renault
Old 11 Jun 2002, 08:54 (Ref:310391)   #3
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I know I dont like M. Schumacher much, but I just can't imagine F1 without him. He's the villian, and it just won't be the same.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 09:06 (Ref:310406)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd just like to make my intentions known that I could be driving for BAR next year.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 09:16 (Ref:310416)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
f1manoz, that is probably going to be the realistic silly season rumour we'll get! Who are you replacing? Villeneuve, Panis, Clear or Richards?
Old 11 Jun 2002, 10:08 (Ref:310473)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh, I'm going to buy out Richards and become an owner/driver. I'll offer Villeneuve a new contract, one that would basically make him walk away. I would then bring in Sato to keep Honda happy but would love to bring in Webber, but that would not be possible. Two Australians in one team doesn't make sense. I'll also be on the lookout for new test drivers as the ones at BAR at the moment are hopeless.

I'm also considering a name change as well, particularly when BAT depart the scene.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 10:10 (Ref:310477)   #7
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And look out if TGF retires, I do speak a little Italian, you know, and red suits me (I've been told).
Old 11 Jun 2002, 10:22 (Ref:310489)   #8
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is my guess:

FERRARI
Michael Schumacher
Rubens Barrichello

WILLIAMS
Juan Pablo Montoya
Ralf Schumacher

McLAREN
David Coulthard
Nick Heidfeld

RENAULT
Jenson Button
Jarno Trulli

SAUBER
Sebastien Bourdais
Felipe Massa

JORDAN
Giancarlo Fisichella
Kimi Raikkonen

TOYOTA
Mika Salo
Mark Webber

BAR
Olivier Panis
Takuma Sato

ARROWS
James Courtney
Enrique Bernoldi

JAGUAR
Pedro De La Rosa
Fernando Alonso

MINARDI
Alex Yoong
Heinz-Harald Frentzen

As viewed by my above effort, I really have no idea.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 11:25 (Ref:310532)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Montreal Press suggested that TGF WOULD retire after this season. I'm not sure I believe it, but they suggested that Ralf would move to Ferrari and that Michael would take over from Todt.

The other big rumour in Montreal was the resurrection of the Villeneuve to Renault scenario, suggesting that richards really wants to free up a salary that is 1/3 of the BAR budget. Renault seems to be more keen on Panis. My guess is that if either of these rumours come true, Button would return to Williams.

Not a prediction, but a possible result:

Ferrari
Barrichello
RSchumacher

Williams
Montoya
Button

McLaren
Coulthard
Raikkonen

Renault
Villeneuve
Trulli

Jordan
Fisichella
Irvine

BAR
Sato
Panis

Sauber
Heidfeld
Massa

Toyota
Salo
Frentzen

Arrows
Bernoldi
?

Minardi
Webber
Yoong (all that Malaysian Money)

Jaguar
Alonso
De La Rosa

Last edited by EERO; 11 Jun 2002 at 11:26.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 17:30 (Ref:310786)   #10
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Very interesting observation by EERO. I think what EERO has stated above is highly possible if TGfarce decides to retire. If he doesnt than probably the pack would remain the same except for JV moving to Renault and 'may be' Mika coming in Mclarens to replace Raikonnen (who'll be test driver).
Old 11 Jun 2002, 17:54 (Ref:310808)   #11
freeze
Rookie

freeze should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael will win 14 out of 16 GPs this season and being bored to death, he'll retire... and what will follow is major swap of drivers.

So here it goes...
Ferrari: Barrichello and Massa

Williams: R. Schumacher and Montoya

McLaren: Heidfeld and Raikkonen

Sauber: H.H.F. and Pizzonia

Renault: Trulli and Villeneuve

Jordan: Fissichella and Webber

Toyota: Salo and Coulthard

BAR: Panis and Sato

Jaguar: Button and Alonzo

Arrows: Bernoldi and De la Rosa

Minardi: Sad but out

Last edited by freeze; 11 Jun 2002 at 17:57.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 19:53 (Ref:310937)   #12
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Highly unlikely that Michael will retire. The 5th title will only spur him on to beat Fangia and go to 6 titles next season. Ferraris line up will remain unchanged, along with Williams and Mclaren. Mika may not come back after all, which saves the day yet again for Coulthard. The only top driver change could see either Fisicella or Heidfeld replace Mcnish at Toyota. Renault is the only other team where a driver change could take place. If Button has another couple of good races then he may hang on to the seat alongside Trulli but if he doesent then Villeneuve could still get a look in.

Beyond that, I dont think we'll see anything drastic next season.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 22:35 (Ref:311100)   #13
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Michael has previously said that 'records mean little to me' - so will the motivation be there to beat Fangio? I am not sure.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 22:39 (Ref:311101)   #14
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Agree... I think there is high probability that MS is retiring after his cruise to title 5.