Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Apr 2006, 17:01 (Ref:1596368)   #1
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans 2006 poster

even if not shown anywhere, the ofiicial LM2006 poster is described by J Mugnier on his site as an R10 from back chasing a Pescarolo

a thread on Infoscourse points to an online booking place showing an interesting thumbnail !

have a look here : http://www.ticketnet.fr/shop/fr/mani...9&idtier=78768
Old 28 Apr 2006, 14:36 (Ref:1596991)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not the most inspiring official Le Mans poster I've seen, far from it (if this is indeed this years poster)!!
Old 28 Apr 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1597008)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's on the ACO site too (as a membre's exclusive...)

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...fiche_1024.jpg
Old 28 Apr 2006, 15:27 (Ref:1597028)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least they've managed to put the Dunlop Bridge back in the right place this year!
Old 3 May 2006, 07:24 (Ref:1599857)   #5
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
At least they've managed to put the Dunlop Bridge back in the right place this year!
Well spotted but the track is about 50-60 metres south of where it was last year and there is the biggest gravel trap ever, you could park the whole field there and still have the track clear.

The track has moved south (away from the Dunlop buildings) by some 50 metres or so the tunnel under the track for officials has been extended almost doubling its length, the left and right corners before the bridge are down the hill further to give a bigger run off. The left appears to be slightly adverse camber and the track is banked away from the grandstand then the right turn is slightly banked.

The spectator tunnel from the main gate is much closer to the ACO building, when I was there for the Moto 24 “the village” was under construction, the spectator area up to Dunlop was being levelled and pre fab buildings are being constructed.

Tetre Rouge was just a big hole, the bar has gone and they are preparing to lay the foundations for the station and tunnel under the main road, which has to be in place by the GP of France in a few weeks. There are extensive road works between Tetre Rouge and Carrefour single lane traffic light controlled contra flows!

The good news is the small bar by the paddock was still there they haven’t started the tunnel there yet but they have started the new exit from park ferme, I didn’t get in to Le Mans, so I don’t know how the works in town are progressing, due to be started soon are the new cinema and tram station, and the chicane between Mulsanne and Indianapolis
Old 3 May 2006, 07:59 (Ref:1599872)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Snapper

Tetre Rouge was just a big hole, the bar has gone and they are preparing to lay the foundations for the station and tunnel under the main road, which has to be in place by the GP of France in a few weeks. There are extensive road works between Tetre Rouge and Carrefour single lane traffic light controlled contra flows!
Sounds truly horrific!!

Quote:
.......and the chicane between Mulsanne and Indianapolis
To me, this is the worst news of all!
Old 3 May 2006, 12:48 (Ref:1600036)   #7
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
... and the chicane between Mulsanne and Indianapolis
WHAT ??
I never heard of that before! Where did you learn it from?

Last edited by bernard b; 3 May 2006 at 12:50. Reason: bad english :shrug:
Old 3 May 2006, 12:52 (Ref:1600038)   #8
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a trully horible poster. The worst i have ever seen and i have over 20 now.
I can't quite beleive that it is the finished poster.
Old 3 May 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1600041)   #9
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
too much sponsoring
if they go on that way, there won't be any car on it next year ...

only solution: a car using Dunlop tyres and sponsored by shell and playstation
maybe it'll be full frame ...
Old 3 May 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1600159)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Thats crap that the bar is gone , i used to enjoy that on a quite day , they sold nice cold pints of Stella Artois too !!!

About the poster , well they have at least put the Pescarolo C60 in front of the R10 .... or is it a lap behind !!!
Old 3 May 2006, 18:08 (Ref:1600211)   #11
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I hadn't heard about that either. Please enlighten us (or someone point me to a thread I may have missed).

Also, I understood that Tertre Rouge would not be worked on this year, that instead that would be for 2007.

And the Tertre Rouge Bar is gone? That's devastating. Will they rebuild once the tramline is done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
WHAT ??
I never heard of that before! Where did you learn it from?
Old 3 May 2006, 18:33 (Ref:1600222)   #12
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
Also, I understood that Tertre Rouge would not be worked on this year, that instead that would be for 2007.
The track will remain unchanged this year, but clearly development has started on the surrounding area. Here's last years winner passing the bar during Thursday qualifying
Old 3 May 2006, 18:44 (Ref:1600225)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Cheers Bentley03 .... thats a great pic !!! Got it for a screensaver now .
Old 3 May 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1600243)   #14
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Cheers Bentley03 .... thats a great pic !!! Got it for a screensaver now .
Thank you!

I'm certainly no photographer but I do tend to take quite a few snaps each year.

You'll find a few more of my 2005 pics here.
Old 3 May 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1600267)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
About the poster , well they have at least put the Pescarolo C60 in front of the R10 .... or is it a lap behind !!!
French chauvinism. A French car/team leading the race but an Audi in front to please the big sponsor.
Old 4 May 2006, 13:18 (Ref:1600665)   #16
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect the Audi's lapping the Pescarolo...again

Cheers.
Old 4 May 2006, 15:13 (Ref:1600703)   #17
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
The track will remain unchanged this year, but clearly development has started on the surrounding area. Here's last years winner passing the bar during Thursday qualifying
i believe that area is now being worked on, but i'm also pretty sure that green fencing went up every year. i should know as its a bugger to negotiate with two cameras round your neck!