Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 May 2006, 14:06 (Ref:1603378)   #26
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Take the circuit back to how it was in the 60's, replace the Tetre Rouge Dunlop bride, re do all the tunnels so that cars/trucks are separated from pedestrians, make some new camp sites out on the Mulsanne and go back to the classic start.
Old 9 May 2006, 08:01 (Ref:1603994)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Snapper
Take the circuit back to how it was in the 60's, replace the Tetre Rouge Dunlop bride, re do all the tunnels so that cars/trucks are separated from pedestrians, make some new camp sites out on the Mulsanne and go back to the classic start.

Great plan.

And 60s ticket prices too.
Old 13 May 2006, 21:14 (Ref:1608996)   #28
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First of all, open up the Dunlop chicane is it was in the early 90's. It needs to be there since a flatout Dunlop corner would be crazy, but now it is just too slow.
Then get rid of the new corner before the esses. The run from the bridge down to the real esses IS the picture in my mind when i think of Le Mans. And i am soo happy i was able to see it myself, before they ruined it.

I am afraid we will have to live with the chicanes, it would be too dangourous to go without them.

Perhaps opening the braking area for Mulsanne Corner would be a good idea. With the kink just before braking, it is quite dangourous to pass backmarkers.

The Indianapolis-Porsche curves part is perfect, leave it! But go back to just a single Ford chicane. I have never understod why you needed another chicane just after you had a chicane.

Overall Le Mans is a great track when compared to the Formula 1 circuits. A few tweaks and it would be a little better, but remind you those tweaks would mostly be "un-tweaks". The circuit is great, and i hate when they mess with it.
Old 14 May 2006, 18:37 (Ref:1609742)   #29
Dagobert II
Rookie

Netherlands
Hengelo (O), NL
Dagobert II should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
...you're right that sponsored names are ridiculous with such a circuit and its history...
...I'd go for brands names, Jaguar, Ferrari or Bentley...
Sounds like sponsornames to me!?!
Old 15 May 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1610766)   #30
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
as long as they don't pay for it, they are not sponsors

and obviously, that's more about history than sponsoring
Old 19 May 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1614492)   #31
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If any of you guys are gamers I'll be putting these ideas forward to some of my game "modding" buddies to implement into GT Legends
Old 20 May 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1614710)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hodgkinson
If any of you guys are gamers I'll be putting these ideas forward to some of my game "modding" buddies to implement into GT Legends

Alex - since the dreadful Infogrammes Le Mans game of a few years back I've been desperately waiting for a real - realistic - Le Mans sim. One that has multiple circuit variations to cover the main circuit changes over the years, suitable (and moddable) car sets and, most importantly, the ability to run the full 24 hours with a save facility for whenever you want it...... Get me that and I'll be a happy man. Oh, and I don't want it so realistic that only Tom Kristensen can keep the cars on the road........
Old 20 May 2006, 11:44 (Ref:1614802)   #33
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I'm going to do is mention the racers name Sean Edwards & a certain computer game maker..
Old 20 May 2006, 12:52 (Ref:1614835)   #34
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Yeah !!!
Why Thank you oh and if you enjoyed doing this track thing, you can do more on the my tracks forum!
Old 21 May 2006, 03:27 (Ref:1615325)   #35
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Good plug there Nicky.

As to mods to the track, I don't see why you can't completely do away with the Dunlop Chicane. The Dunlop Curve would be no less dangerous than the kind before Indianapolis, and if anything would be safer because it has more run-off.

I think you could get away with just one chicane on the Mulsanne. The Dottinger Hohe is a little more than half the Mulsannes' length, and the touring cars must hit 225-230+mph (They were hitting 215-220+mph 13 years ago.). Another example is Monza, where the F1 cars hit 230-mph before the first chicane, so the outright speeds of at least half a Mulsanne can be handled.

I definitely agree that the Ford Chicane should be taken back to just one left/right flick, and that the old run into The Esse ought to be brought back.
Old 21 May 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1615535)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I agree on all counts Purist.
Old 21 May 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1615805)   #37
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Purist and the touring cars must hit 225-230+mph (They were hitting 215-220+mph 13 years ago.). .[/QUOTE]

What touring cars do 225-230??????
Old 22 May 2006, 00:26 (Ref:1615905)   #38
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Touring Cars is a loose term in Germany. At the 24-hour "touring car" race there last year, or it may have been 2004, a 750-hp, twin-turbo, heavily modded 911 GT2 sat on pole. The factory BMW M3 GTRs also showed up.

I have a video of an onboard lap of the Nordschleife with Klaus Ludwig in his 1993 Mercedes DTM car, I believe, and he says that since the Mercs are running lower downforce than some of the other cars, they're hitting around 350-km/h, instead of just 340, on the Dottinger Hohe Straight.
Old 22 May 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1616605)   #39
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist
I have a video of an onboard lap of the Nordschleife with Klaus Ludwig in his 1993 Mercedes DTM car, I believe, and he says that since the Mercs are running lower downforce than some of the other cars, they're hitting around 350-km/h, instead of just 340, on the Dottinger Hohe Straight.
A touring car with 400 bhp hitting 350 km/h? I'd bet that an Audi R10 setup for the Norschleife could not achieve that speed
Old 22 May 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1616655)   #40
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only because they aren't designed to go that fast. Why build a car that is strong up to such high speeds if they are never going to be used. It would be a waste of money. Give the circuit longer straights & cars with faster top speeds will reappear.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion