Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 May 2006, 22:31 (Ref:1619070)   #26
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
LMP1 Audi R10
LMP2 Creation
GT1 Aston Martin Racing
GT2 Scuderia Ecosse ferrari
Old 26 May 2006, 03:26 (Ref:1619167)   #27
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer
LMP1 Audi R10
LMP2 Creation
GT1 Aston Martin Racing
GT2 Scuderia Ecosse ferrari
Welcome to the forums. Creation are not in LMP2 though.
Old 26 May 2006, 10:21 (Ref:1619357)   #28
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LMP1 - Dome
LMP2 - Radical, Pilbeam or WR!
LMGT1 - Aston
LMGT2 - Spyker
Old 26 May 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1619463)   #29
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP1 - Audi, they deserve it.
LMP2 - Don't care. Acura or Porsche.
GT1 - Saleen. Once it breaks down I will root for the works Astons.
GT2 - Scuderia Ecosse Ferarri. How nice would it be to have a GT2 podium without a Porsche.
Old 26 May 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1619472)   #30
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
LMP2 - Don't care. Acura or Porsche.

None in the race.
Old 26 May 2006, 13:58 (Ref:1619493)   #31
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
None in the race.

But there will be some day!
Old 26 May 2006, 15:01 (Ref:1619542)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, but this is the who do you want to win Le Mans 2006 thread.......And, en passant, so to speak, why do Audi "deserve it"?
Old 26 May 2006, 16:01 (Ref:1619577)   #33
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Ah, but this is the who do you want to win Le Mans 2006 thread.......And, en passant, so to speak, why do Audi "deserve it"?

Ok ok, good point. I will root for Rollcentre, because the Radical is a really good looking car! I hear 1 or 2 may make it to ALMS late this year. That would be interesting. I also don't want the old cars to beat the new chassis. I want new toys to watch!

Audi desrves the win, because they have poured money into the sport I love. They have raised the bar, and I think that will encourage other top tier manufacturers (like Porsche and Honda/Acura) to enter the sport.
Old 26 May 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1619672)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fair enough indeed. As to attracting others, that has to be the most worthwhile end result, so, if it happens, I'll be the first to applaud.....
Old 27 May 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1619991)   #35
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Audi winning would usher in a new era in sportscar racing, as alt fuels will be in the forefront of thinking. Diesel power in Europe is normal, but not so much in America, but that's changing with Audi's TDI A6 and A8 sedans and Benz's Blu Tec cars (not to mention Blu Tec Chrysler 300's and Grand Cherokee SUVs).

I would love to see technology pushed to the limits like you can only do in endurance racing.

That being said, I would love to see Ives Courage get his victory. Mugen Power shouldn't be an issue and I expect them to be just as fast as the Pesca. If they can find some reliablity, it will be closer to the R10 than people think.

My "flying in the face of convention" pick -

Courage/Mugen

P2 is always a battle to see who finishes, not finishest first. How many times has the winning car been parked for the last hour of the event just to make sure it finishes? Or the winner declared because they completed over 70% of the race distance even though there car failed during the early daylight hours?

My Patriotic Pick - Intersport

My personal love of GT1 is just that a love affair with the highest peforming production based cars on the planet. Aston Martin and Corvette Racing are going to go at it TOOTH and NAIL for the entire race distance. I hope one of these days, we get Pay-Per View Le Mans, where I can mainly watch the GT1 battle... Don't forget about Acemco!

Something tells me this car will be around when the daylight dawns again about 8 hours from the finish.

Hoping they avoid contact with a slower GT2 car pick - Acemco

Well, finally GT2 and what is going to be a bahnburner for sure! I have a soft spot for Ford powered cars and I have to go with Panoz here. I don't care if its LNT or Multimatic, they have both shown the car has the pace to run with the somewhat unexpectally good Ferrari 430. This is going to be a car wrecker because I expect the pace to be just as silly as it is with the GT1 cars. Porsche for the first time in a LONG time most likely will not be the sexy pick here, but don't rule them out of a surpise class victory again.

My Pick - Team LNT/MultiMatic Panoz Esperante Powered by Ford ;D

Last edited by dj4monie; 27 May 2006 at 08:18.
Old 29 May 2006, 00:36 (Ref:1621571)   #36
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Outright- Pesca
GT1- Ferrari 550
GT2- Ferrari 430
Old 29 May 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1621989)   #37
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
P1 - well i am fallen in love with zytek's new beast so Zytek 06s
P2 - Intersport, they deserve it, and it would be just amazing for them to have both Sebring and Le Mans in one year, next year i think it will be a Porsche domination but maybe my 2nd favourite Rollcentre will have a bullet proof car and they'll get the match
GT1 - very difficult, i am a Corvette fan but with the BMS car it's a very difficult to make a decision...
GT2 - it mainly is a ABP (all but Porsche) but my vote goes to Ferrari
Old 30 May 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1622840)   #38
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm touched at the depth of support for Rollcentre/Radical. Believe me, if it's effort and dedication related, the boys (as opposed to the drivers per-se) deserve to see the car do very well.

I'm looking fwd to seeing the top-speeds !
Old 31 May 2006, 06:27 (Ref:1623537)   #39
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
P1 - non-Audi

P2 - not bothered

GT1 - any Ferrari

GT2 - any Ferrari (though, given a choice, Scuderia Ecosse)
Old 1 Jun 2006, 00:50 (Ref:1624276)   #40
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
My Patriotic Pick - Intersport
... Don't forget about Acemco!
My Pick - Team LNT/MultiMatic Panoz Esperante Powered by Ford ;D
My Patriotic picks too! Intersport is having a dream year and it would be really cool to see them win the class at Le Mans. I wish Acemco great luck even if gone and leaving a hole behind in ALMS. I really would like to see Dr. Don get a Le Mans win, and this could well be the year.

Overall is tough for me: would love to see Pescarolo win, but also equally so Creation.

robert
Old 1 Jun 2006, 05:27 (Ref:1624327)   #41
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it would be really cool if the the first win for Creation as a team is for this race. They didn't get a second entry despite being number one on the reserves and they have had their bad luck continue this season.

My second vote would go for Courage.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 10:31 (Ref:1624473)   #42
Karsten Krogh
Rookie

Denmark
Aalborg
Karsten Krogh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And The Winner is....

In the
LMP1 class im hoping for

Audi Kristensen/Mcnish/Capello
or
Zytek Nielsen/Elgaard/Andersen

LMP2

Epsilon Vergers/Valsecchi/Barazi

GT1

Corvette 04 Magnussen/Gavin/Beretta

GT2 Porsche GT3 Kristensen/Simonsen/Edman

I agree it would make it more interesting if someone other than Audi/Kristensen won the Race. (But what can i say, Im a Fan )

Karsten.
Old 2 Jun 2006, 12:25 (Ref:1625401)   #43
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one of the things that is getting to me is how little support zytek are getting, i feel like a one man crowd this year and after the chilton/shimoda races zytek really stormed to the front of endurance racing in my opinion but i think they are going to surprise us like they always do and i wish them all the luck,
LMP2 is going to be a mixed bag this year, if chamberlain can keep the car going and so can barazi and intersport and ye old hearty RML we will have a great race on our hands and the radical will upset many LMP2 and i think some of the LMP1 teams with their turn of speed at istanbul,
GT1 could be mixed again i think aston's move on to pirelli rubber was a bad move in general as the cars i dont think are quite as fast or as consistent as last year and with cirtek and larbre and the PSI corvette there is going to be a lot of battling in GT1 and GT2 will be much the same, we have a bucket load of blood(ferrari F430 GT2)and the usual big heap of porker GT3 RSR's so this year is going to be great,

at the front i dont really want to see audi there, i want to see swiss spirit,zytek and courage and RFH climbing all over the pescarolo's and pescarolo practically fighting them off tooth and nail but it will probably be more audi boring lead the race from the start and dominate but i can dream and i really think zytek deserve that lemans trophy, so heres one to zytek

GO ON ZYTEK
Old 2 Jun 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1625667)   #44
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsten Krogh
In the
LMP1 class im hoping for

Audi Kristensen/Mcnish/Capello
or
Zytek Nielsen/Elgaard/Andersen

LMP2

Epsilon Vergers/Valsecchi/Barazi

GT1

Corvette 04 Magnussen/Gavin/Beretta

GT2 Porsche GT3 Kristensen/Simonsen/Edman

I agree it would make it more interesting if someone other than Audi/Kristensen won the Race. (But what can i say, Im a Fan )

Karsten.
Nothing to add - I am a big fan of Tom K as well and we are going down there to get on more victory ....