Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2006, 00:14 (Ref:1635569)   #76
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ouch. That Porsche was pretty wrecked.

Zytek went 11th in the end though after all it's trouble. Great work there.

And super night time Enge secures GT1 first place for Aston Martin, with Sarrazin 2nd. First Vette in 3rd with the BMS Aston 4th in class. Peter Kox also surprisingly quick in the Menx Ferrari 550 - whilst Larbre surprisingly slow with theirs!
Old 16 Jun 2006, 06:37 (Ref:1635621)   #77
Karsten Krogh
Rookie

Denmark
Aalborg
Karsten Krogh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=Hazard]Ouch. That Porsche was pretty wrecked.

Zytek went 11th in the end though after all it's trouble. Great work there.

I aggree (Great work) after changing the Engine and putting the car back together. Casper Elgaard got in the car with about 25 min to go.

1 Flying lap 14th
2 Flying lap 11th
3 Flying lap 11th

Pit and change from race tyres to qual tires.

Starts first Flying lap with about 30 sec to go and puts the car in 8th.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 06:57 (Ref:1635629)   #78
Karsten Krogh
Rookie

Denmark
Aalborg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Aston Martin also one-two in GT1 The Corvette C6-R's 10th & 11th in class! Even the C5 outqualified them. Bad call, though in the end, that's not really important.

Nice work by Pescarolo to beat the Audi's to the whole front row.
Yeah but then the Audi´s started using 6th gear (1 and 2nd)

And the Corvette nr 64 ended up in 3rd after the 2 factory Aston Martin´s
Old 16 Jun 2006, 07:12 (Ref:1635632)   #79
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats about the Lola LMP1? Is the team and the driver? The chassis and engine look better in ALMS I think. Looks like RML is realy the best team with the Lola LMP2, I always thought that the RML annd Intersport Team are on one level, but qualifying results show that RML is much faster

Last edited by ger80; 16 Jun 2006 at 07:16.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 08:47 (Ref:1635669)   #80
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the most telling thing from yesterdays qualifying is that nobody was really going for outright pace, most of the teams seemed to be more intent on getting a good race setup rather than outright speed. The times were certainly slower than what I was expecting, but then after Wedensdays qualifying being washed out effectivly I guess it really isnt that suprising.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 13:11 (Ref:1635800)   #81
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know where on the ACO site they hide the .pdf file results of qualifying? I'd like a good set to print out for the race. Thanks!

Go Creation and Zytek!!
Old 16 Jun 2006, 14:24 (Ref:1635846)   #82
Karsten Krogh
Rookie

Denmark
Aalborg
Here is a link to Qualifying times.

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...hronos_gb.html
Old 16 Jun 2006, 14:34 (Ref:1635853)   #83
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTW....Zytek hit the start finish line right before the session ended and did have one last flyer....

They are 8th on the grid.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 16 Jun 2006, 14:53 (Ref:1635866)   #84
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
I think the most telling thing from yesterdays qualifying is that nobody was really going for outright pace, most of the teams seemed to be more intent on getting a good race setup rather than outright speed. The times were certainly slower than what I was expecting, but then after Wedensdays qualifying being washed out effectivly I guess it really isnt that suprising.
I think so to. If you look at Capello's quote, he wasn't even trying for an all out flier. So I don't think the Audis even made an attempt on qualifiers. I may be wrong, but that is certainly how it appears.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1635913)   #85
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Audi's very solid then and headed towards that historic Diesel victory!

The Japanese Murcialago was last GT1 qualifier but brilliant for all you guys either there or watching the box because of the sound! Shame I won't be able to though.

Apicella should push it along a bit I would've thought?
Old 16 Jun 2006, 17:04 (Ref:1635943)   #86
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I must tell you that after watching the Audi R10s at Sebring for both Winter Tests and the Race Week itself that the car is amazing.....

Quiet, fast and really quick, expecially in and out of corners....looks like it is on rails as it goes around the circuit...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 16 Jun 2006, 17:28 (Ref:1635956)   #87
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Henri was under the impression Audi ran a qualifying spec engine/setup.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 20:03 (Ref:1636021)   #88
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Henri was under the impression Audi ran a qualifying spec engine/setup.
And both Audi and Pescarolo ran with special Michelin tyres.