Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Apr 2001, 15:34 (Ref:78959)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!

OK, we've had 3 races, lets look at who is the weakest link (driver wise) in each team. If you were team manager, who would you be giving the flick if you could at this stage?

Probation - Rubino, Jos - Stay away from the blue & White cars - repeat stay away!

McLaren - No changes here, but we better help Mika or get him some cleenex. Did Herbert pass his luck to Mika or what?

Williams & Sauber - Why change an all-star line up

Alain Prost should Mazza-pacecar out the door and someone should close it behind both of them! Sorry Alain - brilliant driver - shocking team owner.

Bernoldi, Marques, Mazza-cash, Alain Prost, Benetton F1, Burti, Irvine - YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINKS - GOODBYE
Old 9 Apr 2001, 17:53 (Ref:78994)   #2
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nooo, Tarso, you are this weekend's strongish link,a dn you leave with an absolutely fantabulous 9th place
Old 9 Apr 2001, 17:55 (Ref:78996)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max Mosley, with your idiotic and capricious rule changes, your refusal to stand down when the teams obviously do not want you in charge any more, and your absolute disregard for the fans ...

YOU ARE THE SECOND WEAKEST LINK ... TAKE THE WEAKEST LINK, YOUR BOSS, AND .... GOODBYE ....
Old 9 Apr 2001, 20:35 (Ref:79031)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, maybe Prost could drive his cars. He's bound to be quicker than mazzipan ))
Old 9 Apr 2001, 21:01 (Ref:79039)   #5
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
Hey, maybe Prost could drive his cars. He's bound to be quicker than mazzipan ))
Yes, but what about this sponsorship :

[From: ww4.prostgp.com]
"The Pan-american Sports Network's (PSN) marketing and sponsorship alliance with Prost Grand Prix is one of a number of new programming and marketing activities that will enhance PSN's reputation for creating a closer connection between fans of Latin American sports and their favourite teams, players and championships."
Old 9 Apr 2001, 21:43 (Ref:79057)   #6
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a rumour that Servia is going to Prost, that would be accaptable to PSN, because he speaks spanish, Johnny Herbert wil probably take his place in CART, Johnny wil test in the US shortly(that also maybe explains why Johny Kane tested for Arrows last week).
Old 9 Apr 2001, 22:07 (Ref:79072)   #7
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichello is the ultimate weakest link.

I would say Marques was a weak one too but his Malaysia and in particular Brazil performances have been pretty good.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 22:10 (Ref:79077)   #8
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Let's make this even more interesting. Let's put a list of drivers that we want to see in their places, like PDLR, Junqueira, Ricardo, Webber, Jason Bright, that young Aussi fellow whathisname in Jaguar's first open wheeler win ever, and swap places. I'd give marques an interim break because he is driving a car that has had no testing mileage at all. Unless I can see how he goes in something like the Jordan, I will give him a good chance to prove himself this year at Minardi (comparatively).
As for Liz's two "get rid ofs", I don't think these two dingalings need to be replaced at all. Just get rid of them period.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 22:39 (Ref:79096)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see that Bernie says today that the car companies are in the business of selling cars and he doesn't understand why they want to control the races too.

HELLO, BERNIE? WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS RACING ROUND THE TRACKS EVERY TWO WEEKS? AND, LET'S SEE, WHO IS IT THAT MAKES THOSE THINGS AGAIN?

Every time this man opens his mouth, he makes me wonder when exactly he lost the plot ....

As for Prost driving his own cars, if he could win in the Renault Yellow Teapots, he can win in these things. PROST FOR WDC!

I have this vision of TGF and Prost battling for the WDC and TGF trying to ram him off the track - Prost give him a tap and sends him into the wall, and at the post race press conference he is asked what he has to say to TGF and he says, "He's no Senna, is he?"

Of course, if he'd done it last year, he could have said "Roses are red, violets are blue, I've got Five and you've got Two."
Old 9 Apr 2001, 22:52 (Ref:79101)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Liz, this has to be one of your great classic posts. Please get Gerard to save it, so we can look at it again at the end of the year.
As for Bernie, the only good thing he did was to get bitten on his nose by a dog. God!! He looked funny and it made me laugh.
Old 10 Apr 2001, 07:48 (Ref:79150)   #11
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig Pollock and BAR. Let him teach the boys to ski.
Old 10 Apr 2001, 11:35 (Ref:79208)   #12
Run Free
Racer

Run Free should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz

I have this vision of TGF and Prost battling for the WDC and TGF trying to ram him off the track - Prost give him a tap and sends him into the wall, and at the post race press conference he is asked what he has to say to TGF and he says, "He's no Senna, is he?"

Of course, if he'd done it last year, he could have said "Roses are red, violets are blue, I've got Five and you've got Two."
LOOOOOOL !!!!!!!
Great one, Liz!