Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 14 Nov 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3331231)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
The Next Marcos Ambrose...

Josh Burdon, watch this space..

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/11/14/...l-josh-burdon/

had a really good season in the Euro Open's Division this year in his ''Debut year''.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3331677)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The next Marcos Ambrose was Jamie Whincup, but he decided to stay in Oz & race V8's... Have heard of Josh tho, goodluck to him!
Old 15 Nov 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3331706)   #3
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nobody but nobody is as bad dirty cheating Ambrose, Nascar are welcome to keep him as he will never win on ovals.
Old 16 Nov 2013, 03:55 (Ref:3332038)   #4
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
Nobody but nobody is as bad dirty cheating Ambrose, Nascar are welcome to keep him as he will never win on ovals.
Sounds good!
Old 16 Nov 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3332116)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Josh Burdon, watch this space..

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/11/14/...l-josh-burdon/

had a really good season in the Euro Open's Division this year in his ''Debut year''.
You know the Euro Racecar series has only 1 event on an oval?
Old 16 Nov 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3332117)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Quote:
You not a Ambrose fan?
Old 16 Nov 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3332252)   #7
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
You not a Ambrose fan?
YEP you got that right, and I hope the young bloke does not learn how too drive like the biggest cheat in v8 history.
Old 16 Nov 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3332256)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And how did he cheat again?
Old 24 Nov 2013, 00:39 (Ref:3335857)   #9
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps because he won driving a Ford, not a Holden.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 00:07 (Ref:3336272)   #10
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or someone is a spurned love interest...
Old 25 Nov 2013, 10:44 (Ref:3336428)   #11
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
You know the Euro Racecar series has only 1 event on an oval?
yup, he'll need a lot of training before getting onto a Real Oval, but he did win one at Tours Speedway, wonder if it qualify's him as being the first aussie to win on an oval in a Nascar sanctioned series.
Old 26 Jan 2014, 11:31 (Ref:3359505)   #12
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
YEP you got that right, and I hope the young bloke does not learn how too drive like the biggest cheat in v8 history.
The history of V8'S is very short so there can't be a huge amount of cheats. Perhaps an explanation of your hatred would enlighten us all. I doubt we will get it though.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 23:07 (Ref:3362309)   #13
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The history of V8'S is very short so there can't be a huge amount of cheats. Perhaps an explanation of your hatred would enlighten us all. I doubt we will get it though.
An entire series/national category based on pure butthurt of Bogans over superior foreign-made cars dominating their boat anchor specials should have such a rich history I assume.

I look forward to indulging my mind on this cheating Ambrose apparently partook in according to renowned V8 Supercar Historian pigs fly.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 23:22 (Ref:3362315)   #14
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post

I look forward to indulging my mind on this cheating Ambrose apparently partook in according to renowned V8 Supercar Historian pigs fly.
No answer has been the stunning reply. Why do people write stuff accusing others of things and have no facts or the intestinal fortitude to back back up their assertions. Earth to Pigs That Fly, are you still there?
Old 30 Jan 2014, 23:49 (Ref:3362321)   #15
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
No answer has been the stunning reply. Why do people write stuff accusing others of things and have no facts or the intestinal fortitude to back back up their assertions. Earth to Pigs That Fly, are you still there?
Wouldn’t be shocked to hear he had an aneurysm or something…. That was some next level hate considering Ambrose hasn’t been in V8’sfor the better part of a decade.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 01:48 (Ref:3362349)   #16
m00neelee
Rookie

m00neelee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
yup, he'll need a lot of training before getting onto a Real Oval, but he did win one at Tours Speedway, wonder if it qualify's him as being the first aussie to win on an oval in a Nascar sanctioned series.
Pretty sure that Robin Best may have a few words to say on that subject. After all, he was (to the best of my memory) the first Australian to win at the Thunderdome, as well as being the first series champion. All done several years before Josh Burdon was born.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 19:58 (Ref:3363359)   #17
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00neelee View Post
Pretty sure that Robin Best may have a few words to say on that subject. After all, he was (to the best of my memory) the first Australian to win at the Thunderdome, as well as being the first series champion. All done several years before Josh Burdon was born.
Ahhh - but was the Thunderdome NASCAR sanctioned?
Old 2 Feb 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3363395)   #18
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Hmmm, dunno, they used the NASCAR name...
Old 2 Feb 2014, 21:27 (Ref:3363396)   #19
m00neelee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Ahhh - but was the Thunderdome NASCAR sanctioned?
Short answer is yes.

Deal was done between Bob Jane and Bill France jr for AUSCAR to run the series on behalf of NASCAR. The early cars had the NASCAR logo on them. The logo disappeared after a few years, I can't remember when that was though.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 23:15 (Ref:3363426)   #20
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Short answer is yes.

Deal was done between Bob Jane and Bill France jr for AUSCAR to run the series on behalf of NASCAR. The early cars had the NASCAR logo on them. The logo disappeared after a few years, I can't remember when that was though.
Thanks for that - was really struggling to recall how it all went down.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 00:31 (Ref:3363449)   #21
m00neelee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Thanks for that - was really struggling to recall how it all went down.
Yes, the memory does dull with age

I just find it saddening that because something didn't happen in the last 10 - 15 years, it just doesn't seem to have existed. The Thunderdome was an amazing place, the sound had to be heard to be believed.

I do think FAS33 is right in one regards, Josh is going the right way about getting into the NASCAR big league, proving himself in the feeder catagories before moving up. It's quite amazing to see that an Aussie driving for a French team, who are having a go at the All-American Series. I just hope they don't take long to get the hang of short track oval racing, in cars with 50% more power than the Euroseries cars.
Old 4 Feb 2014, 02:32 (Ref:3363892)   #22
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Yes, the memory does dull with age

I just find it saddening that because something didn't happen in the last 10 - 15 years, it just doesn't seem to have existed. The Thunderdome was an amazing place, the sound had to be heard to be believed.

I do think FAS33 is right in one regards, Josh is going the right way about getting into the NASCAR big league, proving himself in the feeder catagories before moving up. It's quite amazing to see that an Aussie driving for a French team, who are having a go at the All-American Series. I just hope they don't take long to get the hang of short track oval racing, in cars with 50% more power than the Euroseries cars.
Agree - I wasn't that "full bottle" on the Thunderdome so wasn't sure. You're right about Josh, it's a good way to go and there's no doubt that ovals are quite a learning curve so more time on them from an earlier age is a good thing.
Old 4 Feb 2014, 02:42 (Ref:3363899)   #23
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So what's the goss? You can't just leave us hanging like that and not give us the full sp!?
Old 7 Jun 2014, 01:33 (Ref:3416407)   #24
aussiemuscle308
Rookie

aussiemuscle308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ambrose hasn't had an easy introduction to NASCAR. those guys don't hold back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R59 View Post
Perhaps because he won driving a Ford, not a Holden.
ZING!