Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 16 Sep 2004, 16:23 (Ref:1098427)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kenny Brack may return

After Kenny Brack's herrofic crash nearly a year a go at the Texas finalie, the Swede will return to racing.......but for the time being only in his native
Scandinavian Porsche Carrera Cup race at Mantorp Park in his native home in Sweden this Sunday.

"I don't feel well enough to make an Indycar comeback at this point, but I've worked my way back to decent shape and I feel confident that I will be okay for this type of racing.

"This will be my first race since the crash and it will be in a different kind of car. I was happy to accept once my team gave me permisson. I'm looking forward to racing a gain especially in Sweden.

"I wish the recovery would go even faster so I could take a decison about my Indycar racing future, but considering the injuries I sustained I'm very pleased to have gotton this at this point in time".

Last edited by luke; 16 Sep 2004 at 16:25.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 16:26 (Ref:1098432)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This was in today's Autosport.

I don't expect we'll see Kenny return to IndyCar racing, which is probably for the best.

But it's good he's at least able to race something.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 16:29 (Ref:1098439)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes and like the other post I have put up to day it took a good 20 minutes to type up.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 17:20 (Ref:1098505)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, and it's copyrighted material. Read the forum rules.

I don't expect Kenny to return either. With the changes in his life, and the severity of the crash, he'd be wise to consider racing and living back home - DTM Touring Cars could be an option.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 17:34 (Ref:1098524)   #5
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Boots is right, luke. Please also provide either a link, or give credit to the source. Thanx.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 17:37 (Ref:1098527)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Thanks guys

I forgot to mention it was from Autosport. And I couldn't of put a link on the page because it was what I read from the magazine. Anyway the only bit I got from Autosport was what Kenny spoke.

Last edited by luke; 16 Sep 2004 at 17:44.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 17:37 (Ref:1098528)   #7
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for point this out, Luke.

I wonder if this is a warm up, or maybe one last race? I guess we'll know soon enough.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 20:24 (Ref:1098702)   #8
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its looking less and less likely that we'll ever see Kenny back in an IndyCar again, doesn't it?

His full recovery is taking an extremely long time, and at his age, he may never feel well enough to race here again. At least he feels well enough to try road racing again.

Funny, how the oval detractors always say that road racing is much tougher, but here, Kenny decides that he's well enough to do just that, and is not ready for the speed and intensity on the ovals...

Danica Patrick
Old 16 Sep 2004, 20:27 (Ref:1098705)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it's not an oval issue.

A 20 minute race in a Porsche against semi-pro opposition will always be easier than a 2 hour race in a very fast single seater against professional drivers.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 21:47 (Ref:1098780)   #10
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spot on K-B as always. Road racing in a 911 is also quite a bit safer.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 09:54 (Ref:1099061)   #11
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I have to agree that Brack probably won't get back into a single seater again. Perhaps he'll do some sportscar racing or look at touring cars, but you can see why he'd be wary of ovals.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 15:04 (Ref:1099419)   #12
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
He will only be making a guest aperance as did Mika Hakkien ealier this season.

Last edited by luke; 17 Sep 2004 at 15:05.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 06:16 (Ref:1099930)   #13
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He is probably through with open wheelers. He may be able to walk and function somewhat normally, but he suffered such severe trauma and subsequent complications in last year's accident that if he had another big one that would be it.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 10:33 (Ref:1100043)   #14
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mountainstar
but he suffered such severe trauma and subsequent complications in last year's accident that if he had another big one that would be it.
I'm not so sure about that since he, as far as I know, didn't suffer any serious head injuries (which by far is the most dangerous injury to repeat).

His spine, for example (if the info I have is correct), is actually stronger now than it was 'naturally' after the work that was done.

Last edited by rustyfan; 18 Sep 2004 at 10:33.
Old 20 Sep 2004, 15:40 (Ref:1102087)   #15
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
KB finished 5th in the race yesterday.

more news to follow with the next day or two.

Old 20 Sep 2004, 15:46 (Ref:1102098)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by luke
KB finished 5th in the race yesterday.

Kenny Brack, or me......
Old 20 Sep 2004, 15:51 (Ref:1102103)   #17
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Kenny Brack, or me......

Are you saying you took part?

Old 20 Sep 2004, 17:03 (Ref:1102171)   #18
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kenny finished fifth in both races. His effort in the first race was hampered by problems with the front spoiler on his Porsche, which made the car understeer badly.

I'm getting one of the races on TV in 30 mins or so

Last edited by rustyfan; 20 Sep 2004 at 17:06.