Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who should be the next #2 at Ferrari?
Luca Badoer 7 28.00%
Nick Heidfeld 2 8.00%
Juan Pablo Montoya 7 28.00%
Gaston Mazzacane 2 8.00%
Kimi Raikkonen 6 24.00%
David Coulthard 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 May 2001, 01:43 (Ref:89116)   #1
Victor Broccoli
Racer

Victor Broccoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who should be the next #2 at Ferrari

Well...who?
Old 5 May 2001, 01:49 (Ref:89117)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM - when TGF has gone ....
Old 5 May 2001, 01:53 (Ref:89121)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Victor, I vote for Alonso whom you left off the list. Trulli and Fisichella have their champions as well.
Old 5 May 2001, 02:46 (Ref:89153)   #4
SH0077
Rookie

SH0077 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi is the next big thing at Ferrari

Kimi would learn alot from TGF. Most see Schumacher as a bully and someone who needs 100% attention from his team. Maybe before he was crowned WDC for Ferrari, but with that stigma gone why wouldn't he try to help-out one of the rising stars of F1. We all know that Schumacher loves Ferrari and Ferrari love him! Why wouldn't he want to see the Crown stay at Ferrari after he has retired? Schumacher VS Raikkonen..? We all know how fast Kimi is, imagine him in a Full Works Ferrari!?!? Schumacher would rather be remembered as the Pilot who brought home the Trophy and helped keep it there, rather than the Red Baron who punts people of the road, that so many have labelled him. Go Schumacher - Raikkonen for Ferrari in 2002.
Old 5 May 2001, 02:50 (Ref:89156)   #5
SH0077
Rookie

SH0077 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a Quick One

How about 'GFB' (German Fellow's Brother) for Ralph. I know it cant compete with 'TGF', but anyway...
Old 5 May 2001, 09:16 (Ref:89233)   #6
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wanna see Luca in the seat, after all he's worked for it, but not as second fiddle to TGW
Old 5 May 2001, 09:40 (Ref:89236)   #7
Ferrari Girl
Rookie

Ferrari Girl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Jenson should get the drive!
Old 5 May 2001, 09:45 (Ref:89237)   #8
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos of course!!
Old 5 May 2001, 09:45 (Ref:89238)   #9
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos of course!!, he's also a good friend of Michael
Old 8 May 2001, 10:07 (Ref:90123)   #10
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the more important issue is who SHOULD be the next #1 at Ferrari. For whatever reaso, I can see there being big changes there in the next 2 years. Next year's lineup looks safe.
Old 8 May 2001, 10:15 (Ref:90128)   #11
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Just a Quick One

Quote:
Originally posted by SH0077
How about 'GFB' (German Fellow's Brother) for Ralph. I know it cant compete with 'TGF', but anyway...
That's actually TGWv.2

And he is thankfully fully committed to appearing in a gravel trap near you. So he might as well be in a Ferrari!
Old 8 May 2001, 12:52 (Ref:90192)   #12
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since this thread is tio pick the next #2 driver, I chose Luca, he deserves it, he has done great testing and has proved to anybody he can be as fast as RB. If this post was about the next #1 driver at ferrari, I will pick JPM.
Old 8 May 2001, 14:06 (Ref:90231)   #13
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luca.

He's quick, he's experienced, and he deserves credit for aiding Michael's championship wins.

The day Kimi goes to Ferrari would be a sad one indeed - stick him in a McLaren and I'm less fussed. But four years at Sauber to finish first. Thank goodness.

Old 8 May 2001, 14:36 (Ref:90244)   #14
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally, I'd love to see Michael Schumacher as the No. 2 at Ferrari and see how good he gets on then.
Never forget #99
Old 8 May 2001, 16:45 (Ref:90292)   #15
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Kimi is the most likely candidate, as Sauber can use him for leverage to get a better engine/cooperation deal. Being a youngster, the pressure to match Michael's pace wouldn't be so high. But I bet he'd be right with him virtually right away, as would Alonso. Fernando will be considered, but do Ferrari want to supply motors to a 3rd team, with all that entails?
I can't imagine Frank would let Juan go before his contract is up, is it for 2 years only, 'cause of Bunsen? Ralf would be interesting, for sure. I get this feeling he'd love to beat his brother in front of everybody. I guess we should never rule anything out.
I agree that Luca has earned the drive. Perhaps Michael would prefer a known quantity.
Jarno could do it, but he doesn't want to, he's outperforming HHF at this point in the season.
JV could do it, but he doesn't need the aggravation. Especially if Honda buys control of BAR.
Can't wait to see who it's gonna be. With all the rumours and denials flying around about Rubens, he MUST be toast!

KC, I like your idea best of all!!
Old 8 May 2001, 21:24 (Ref:90498)   #16
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Minardi Fan - don't think there's much chance of Tarso Marques getting the seat. Although, slow, crashes, Brazilian - just like Rubens.
Old 8 May 2001, 22:10 (Ref:90526)   #17
Roy2
Racer

Roy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fan

I'd like to see Fisichella get the chance. He has the most talent of all the Italians, imo, and in the underperforming Bennetton team has had a way of outperforming his team mates and making them look bad.

I think he has the moxie to be a strong no. 2 at Ferrari and the ability to become the no. 1 if MS hangs on for too long. I doubt if he'll get the chance though. His best opportunity will be staying with Renault, who are bound to field a winning engine, and probably won't tolerate a poor chassis for long.

When I imagine him with Ferrari I see him flying, for what that's worth.
Old 9 May 2001, 09:10 (Ref:90632)   #18
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyF
Sorry Minardi Fan - don't think there's much chance of Tarso Marques getting the seat.
:confused: huh??? I never said anything about Tarso in the Ferrari!!!??? I think Minardi should drop the guy!!!
Old 9 May 2001, 16:08 (Ref:90716)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
saint fernando the great. in about 3 years time when he's widened his vocab, perfected his grammer, and learnt how to look mean.
Old 9 May 2001, 21:52 (Ref:90830)   #20
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definately I vote for Jean Alesi you left off the list. Would be the right move to honour his great carreer at last.
Old 9 May 2001, 22:15 (Ref:90844)   #21
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

i think that Tomas Shekter could prove to be a great F1 driver if given a chance. His father Jody drove for the team so he has links and he was impressive in the F3 last year as well as the F3000 races he did and he is a title fav in the telephonica series he is currently competing in. I'd vote Shekter.
Old 10 May 2001, 03:03 (Ref:90903)   #22
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeanburrasca81
Definately I vote for Jean Alesi you left off the list. Would be the right move to honour his great carreer at last.
Jeanburrasca, I'm with you. I've been saying it for ages, but I understand that Alesi wouldn't go. It makes sense though, adored by the Tifosi, accustomed to Ferrari "politics" and friend to TGF, he would win every race that Schumacher didn't.
Old 10 May 2001, 12:11 (Ref:90981)   #23
V6+
Rookie

V6+ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No.2 driver at Ferrari.... thats easy..Jaques Villeneuve

Bet he wouldnt be No.2 for very long either

I wonder who the Tifosi would support the most TGF or Jaques, sorry silly question.
Old 10 May 2001, 12:26 (Ref:90984)   #24
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ditto on Jacques. Alesi would be a good choice too.
Old 10 May 2001, 12:28 (Ref:90985)   #25
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Roy2
I'd like to see Fisichella get the chance. He has the most talent of all the Italians, imo
Man the rest of 'em must be useless! Fissi would be just able to spell his own name given an hour and no pressure. He literally couldn't drive outta sight on a pitch black night.

I mean come on, Ralf, umm, sorry, Fissi is disowned by his own dog after each GP!