Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Jun 2006, 19:29 (Ref:1630788)   #1
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So what did you do GP weekend?

This is in addition to the other thread asking what you had planned for an alternative GP weekend. This thread aims to get the real deal.

To start:

Only Friday, but temperature through the roof, so we had lunch "al tesco" dressed in minimal coverage (no overalls) and cold beer/chardonnay on tap.

Now off to dress the sunburn!
Old 9 Jun 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1630850)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Work - looking at all that lovely sunshine. Collected the car back from MOT (passed easily - not bad for an 11 year-old Citroen AX).

Home early courtesy of having to get to the garage before closing, then an hour and a half in the garden with Autosport and a couple of coffees. Collected Mrs Woolley from railway station (she'd spent three days in London for work, glad to have her back), meal out and now she's asleep on the sofa, so I'm on here!
Old 9 Jun 2006, 23:56 (Ref:1630914)   #3
ALANGRUMPY
Racer

ALANGRUMPY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still off work after operation. Got up, took pain killers. Went to physio-sadist, took pain killers. Weekly shop (deep joy), took pain killers. Down the pub (no alcohol)to watch 22 prima donnas kick a bag of wind around (yawn), took pain killers. All this plus 6 lots of exercises. I'll be glad when i get back to work for the rest.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 16:08 (Ref:1631206)   #4
JLD
Racer

JLD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Work yesterday (it's impossible for us teachers to get a day off during the week). Been on a first aid course today. Loads of marking to do tomorrow ready for another week at school.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 16:13 (Ref:1631209)   #5
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
House-Sitting at work, looking after 2 dogs, 2 cats 2 1/2 horses & 10 chickens! Sitting in the sun & catching up with some reading.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 16:36 (Ref:1631222)   #6
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Friday, up early, checking Brands Hatch Circuit for up-dating on works improvements, then Testing for the (mainly) week-end. (750mc). Magnet fully charged at Paddock Post 3. During the day something like 10 "Reds", FF hard ine the tyre wall, NUMEROUS MR2s in the gravel (How did they get on today (Sat) in their Champioship Race?; lovely young lady visited in a Formula 3 (?) not to mention SaxMass!!!!. Very hot - must get a Stenna Chairlift up and down to Post 4a, plus!!! Now, if we could get the walkway levelled behind the tyre wall, I could sign out a Quad Bike as in New Zealand!!!! Dreams!!! It's the sun!!!
Old 10 Jun 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1631265)   #7
Caramba
Rookie

Wales
Swansea
Caramba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should have been flagging but had to pull out because of a rescheduled software conversion in work.
Spent 13 hours in work Friday & another 10 today.
Feeling very fed up !
Old 10 Jun 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1631277)   #8
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Saturday - Watched quafilying on TV and stayed indoors to protect the red bits on the arms.

Gosh - its a hard life ain't it?
Old 10 Jun 2006, 23:16 (Ref:1631381)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Concreting done, although we had a surprise when it arrived at 7:30 instead of the expected 10:00, and therefore well before the helpers were due to turn up. I now have somewhere to park the caravan when it's not at a race circuit.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 10:01 (Ref:1631554)   #10
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sat - Avoided the football! Booked tickets for Harlequins v London Irish & Saracens V Wasps @ Twickenham
Sun - just watched GP2 on telly, F1 starting soon
Old 11 Jun 2006, 10:10 (Ref:1631562)   #11
motorsportmarshal61
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Doug Austin Marshal Of The Year 2009
motorsportmarshal61 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
going sit in the garden all weekend drink pleny cool beer and watch grass grow more interesting
Old 11 Jun 2006, 10:32 (Ref:1631573)   #12
gwar
Racer

gwar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of armchair marshalling today, after a very busy few weeks marshalling up and down country.........deservered a rest...is it warm enough for you all ??
GP2 race this morning was brill (i wont spoil it by telling results...but do watch it )
I can feel a beer coming on
Old 11 Jun 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1631576)   #13
JLD
Racer

JLD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just sitting down to watch the race....................bit too warm, maybe have to have a beer
Old 11 Jun 2006, 11:50 (Ref:1631608)   #14
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

VSCC yesterday @ Oulton found a relatively quiet spot under the trees to watch the racing.

Today - watched some of the GP and the TT highlights.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1631656)   #15
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cleaned out hamsters cage, must think about buying one and bought electric cold box in prepartion for the trip to Le Mans, ate some chilled melon - lovely

Balders
Old 11 Jun 2006, 17:04 (Ref:1631775)   #16
AndyMil
Racer

England
On a hill in Yorkshire!
AndyMil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Last edited by AndyMil; 11 Jun 2006 at 17:12.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 17:08 (Ref:1631780)   #17
AndyMil
Racer

England
On a hill in Yorkshire!
AndyMil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sat, Work for 6 hours in morn, watched the match(before you start, OK ) Sun, went to mother in laws to remove unwanted floodlight, then to Wombwell, speccying and photos at the kart racing( busmans holiday?) back home, beer & chill. on call-out from 8pm(BOOOO!!!)
Old 11 Jun 2006, 19:53 (Ref:1631878)   #18
shjo558
Racer

Scotland
Scottish Borders
shjo558 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saturday - Up early to take dog to the vet, watched quali with a nice glass of juice full of ice cubes. Spent the rest of the day sun bathing until Dr Who.

Sunday - Long lie (9:30), watched the race and then more sun bathing. Anyone want to see my white bits .

Oh and trying my very very best to avoid this rubbish - ()

All in all a very pleasant weekend and I'm glad I never went to the GP, can't be healthly standing about in that heat for 3 days wearing thick probans. Was feeling for you all
Old 11 Jun 2006, 20:08 (Ref:1631888)   #19
alfa_centuri
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
alfa_centuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i was at Loton Park on Saturday very enjoyable Hill with lots of Deer running around the track.. was ment to be there today but got a slight bit of sun stroke / dehydration on that sat (even after donning 3 lots of suntan lotion and drinking 6 ltrs of water) so took it easy today with some armchair marshaling of the GP race.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1631889)   #20
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sun. Stood at Brooklands in this heat - Jenson Button added to the heat with his engine fire.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 11:17 (Ref:1632351)   #21
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fri - sweatted buckets at farm inside
Sat - sweatted buckets at farm inside
Sun - sweatted buckets at farm inside

Loved every minute of it tho
Old 12 Jun 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1632377)   #22
AndyCox
Rookie

England
Leicester
AndyCox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thurs eve - mandatory pre-gp dinner
Fri - spectated first time in 14 years, mockup of garage/grid etc at Becketts was good.
Fri eve - 4 hours on M25 (from M1 to Dartford)
Sat 750 @ Brands
Sun 750 @ Brands
Old 12 Jun 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1632410)   #23
RamblinStu
Rookie

England
Kent
RamblinStu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spent two days sweltering in orange at Devils Elbow at Lydden. Two great days of action with large grids and some very close racing.
Thoroughly enjoyed myself, had the GP taped to watch in the evening, only to hear, during the de-brief, somebody talking very loudly on a mobile phone telling all and sundry what happened. This goes to prove you can’t have everything, so I had a bbq and drank cold beer instead, it’s a hard life!!
Old 12 Jun 2006, 13:14 (Ref:1632451)   #24
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BBQ at home Thu night after wondering why I wasn't putting the tent up, signing on and then having a beer in that order at good old NN12 8TN. Fri a.m. saw me spending £200 to replace a lens on my SLR and then settling down to watch football. Saturday saw me watching JB and the Brackley crew screw up before watching football again before then attending the 60th birthday celebration that was the reason why I wasn't at NN12 8TN. Guess what I did on Sunday. Yep, I watched more football again. That bloke Robben playing in standard marshal's orange kit looked a bit useful. I wonder if he would like to play for the Sandgrounders next season.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1632517)   #25
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
Fri - sweatted buckets at farm inside
Sat - sweatted buckets at farm inside
Sun - sweatted buckets at farm inside

Loved every minute of it tho
Sounds vaguely familiar, but change Farm inside for Becketts Outside.

Thanks to R Schumacher and M Webber for making me run loads in that heat to collect/sweep debris from your incident!