Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Nov 2013, 17:14 (Ref:3330912)   #1
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2014 24 Hours of Le Mans Entry List Thread

18.03.14 - Added to the original post -= the link to the entry list at the ACO website:-

ENTRY LIST

I think we're close enough to 2014 that we can start speculating on who will be entering the 24 next year!

LMP1:
· Confirmed:
o 3x Audi ???
o 2x Toyota ???
o 2x Lotus ???
o 2x Porsche ???
o 1x Rebellion R-One

· Possible
o 1-2x Lotus ???
o 1x Strakka Racing HPD ARX-04
o 1x ?? HPD ARX-04
o 1x Rebellion R-One
o 1x Perrin
o 1x OAK
o 1x WR ??
o 1-2x Level 5??
o 1x DOME S103
o LMP1s with Subaru, Audi, WR, Zytek, Judd engines

LMP2:
· Confirmed
o 1x Renault (Signatech) Oreca 03-Nissan
o 1x Greaves Motorsport Zytek Z11SN-Nissan

· Likely
o 1x Thiret by TDS Racing Oreca 03-Nissan
o 2x Delta-ADR/G-Drive Racing Oreca 03-Nissan
o 1x Murphy Prototypes Oreca 03-Nissan
o 1x Jota Sport Zytek Z11SN-Nissan
o 1x KCMG Morgan-Nissan

· Possible
o 1x OAK Racing Morgan-Nissan
o 1x Pecom Racing Oreca 03-Nissan
o 1x Greaves Motorsport Zytek-Nissan
o 1x Boutsen Ginion Racing Oreca 03-Nissan
o 1-2x SMP Racing ???
o 1-2x Extreme Speed Motorsports HPD ARX-03b
o 1-2x Speedsource Lola B12/80-Mazda
o 1x DOME S103
o 1x Tiga
o 1x Pescarolo ??
o 1x Pilbeam MP100
o 1x Pickett Racing ??
o 1x ADESS?
o 1x Krohn Racing ??

GTE-Pro
· Confirmed
o 2x Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
o 2x SRT Motorsports SRT Viper GTS-R
o 2x AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia
o 2-3x Aston Martin Racing Vantage GTE

· Likely
o 2x ?? Porsche 911 RSR

· Possible
o 1x Falken Tire Porsche 911 RSR
o 2x BMW Team RLL BMW Z4 GTE
o 1x Ecurie Ecosse ??
o 1x Pickett Racing ??
o 1-2x Porsche 911 RSR (customer)

GTE-Am
o Confirmed
  • 1-2x Larbre Competition Chevrolet Corvette C6.R
o Likely
  • 1-2x IMSA Performance Matmut Porsche 911
  • 1x Felbermayer-Proton Porsche 911
  • 1-2 AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia
  • 1-2x Aston Martin Racing Vantage GTE
  • 1-2x Proton Competition Porsche 911
o Possible
  • 1x 8Star Motorsports Ferrari 458 Italia
  • 1x Prospeed Competition Porsche 911
  • 1x Krohn Racing Ferrari 458 Italia
  • 1-2x RAM Racing Ferrari 458 Italia
Garage 56 :
o Nissan ZEOD RC

Apologies on the uneven formatting, copy and paste from word doesn't work very well here

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 Mar 2014 at 18:42.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3330923)   #2
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the Lotus LMP1 really confirmed? I haven't heard anything about that for some months now (in fact, almost half a year).

However, I'd say the OAK LMP1 is likely to be at Le Mans. They'll miss Silverstone, but they're still planning to compete in the WEC from Spa onwards.

So my list for LMP1 would be:
Confirmed:
2 Audi
2 Porsche
2 Toyota
1 Rebellion R-One

Likely
3rd Audi
2nd Rebellion
1 OAK

Possible
1-2 Level 5
1 WR
1 Strakka
1-2 Lotus
Old 13 Nov 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3330951)   #3
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here we go. Love a good early speculation thread

I think Rebellion is putting together a two-car programme.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 18:55 (Ref:3330953)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent. It's about time this was under way.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3330974)   #5
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I though it was Beetles job
Old 13 Nov 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3331038)   #6
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Ah yes, the beginning of another entry list speculation thread, nothing quite like it. Except I don't have to be in charge of it, because now we've got a capable individual at the controls.

That being said, prepare yourself for a blast from the past - another speculation Iliad from Beetle. (*takes deep breath*)

OK, so last year I was quite honestly surprised that Audi didn't field a fourth car. Obviously cynicism pays big dividends in this business whereas optimism doesn't... I learned that the hard way! For 2014, I'd wouldn't be at all surprised if they only field two cars. Audi, as an organization, seems to be spreading out and potentially doing more stuff in America, therefore money is siphoning out. And quite frankly I don't think they really need three, let alone four. Additionally, Oliver Jarvis has pretty much a full-time seat with factory Audi GT divisions, and with all of the media buzz around Di Grassi and Formula E, I think it's a firm possibility that's where his full-time commitments will be from 2014-2015. Not sure about Marc Gene...

Toyota only ran a single car at Interlagos and Austin, which makes me think that running a third car is very unlikely. I'm not sure what Porsche has in the bank compared to the others but if they decide to drop their factory GTE-Pro effort (please no!), only then would I expect a three car effort. As far as drivers go, I think we've got our lineup: Dumas, Bernhard, Jani, Webber, Lieb, and Hartley. That's pretty solid.

Despite what Rebellion's plans are for the entirety of the 2014 WEC, they have shown up with more than one car, even back when they were a partnership between Speedy and Sebah. Since 2010 they've fielded two LMP1 cars at Le Mans, without fail. If they do end up attempting a two car attack for the entirety of the 2014 WEC, not just the European rounds, then that just solidifies it further. I doubt OAK will make the first two rounds but surely they'll have a package put together by the time June 2014 rolls around.

It was a while back but when Strakka pulled out didn't they say something about focusing on a two-car attack for the 2014 WEC? Is that still legit? I've been too busy following Porsche's LMP1 preparations to pay any attention to what HPD has been working on. Whatever the case, where's that "exciting 2014 campaign" that was mentioned here?

On American P1 entries: both Muscle Milk Pickett Racing and Level 5 have been threatening to join the WEC LMP1 class for the full 2014 season. The least they can do now is enter the 24 Hours of Le Mans. With those sort of brazen claims, I expect to see them both there.

I honestly hope that we see both Perrinn and Welter at the 24 next year in full splendor but unfortunately something tells me that at least one of them won't be participating. These teams are both somewhat budgeted and probably better suited for LMP2 or ELMS LMPC because LMP1 is just a financial black hole these days. Nevertheless, I wish them luck.

Dome has been talked about a lot, Lotus not so much recently but I knew there were grumblings about it a few months back. Does anyone know about the status of those two cars?

Essentially everything is up in the air in LMP2 now, with the exception of Greaves and Alpine. Fortunately I think we'll see a better distribution of entry wealth between LMP1 and LMP2 next year, in the WEC and in Le Mans. OAK Racing was a big LMP2 contributor and they seem to be moving to bigger things. Lotus is moving to LMP1 and Pecom will be gone as well with it's move to TUSC. That leaves WEC LMP2 pretty bleak next year, especially when compared to the relative prosperity of this year. Of course, we'll surely see at least five or more ELMS entries at the 24 next year. Also, don't count out Race Performance and/or DKR Engineering. They aren't exactly studded in glory but they could still make the race.

In GTE, hmmm, this is difficult. The factory Corvette Racing duo with almost certainly be there with the new C7Rs. I can almost put the same faith in Viper at this point... funny, because at times last winter we were all questioning whether they would make it to Le Mans, let alone finish high up the leaderboard. John Gaw recently talked about AMR's 2014 plans. A five car lineup is indeed possible but it looks like Paul Dalla Lana's car will switch to Am, as planned. The article also mentions what Gaw labels "a 50/50 chance" at selling a car to a full-time privateer team in the WEC. GPR, Emil Frey, Beechdean?

AF Corse has essentially been confirmed. I think we'll see at least one, if not two full-time RAM Racing Ferrari 458s in the 2014 WEC and if that's the case then we should certainly expect two at Le Mans (they were on the reserve list until the bitter end in 2013). I sure hope that Porsche AG Team Manthey gets confirmed for two cars in the WEC next year. Throwing around some possibilities, as FstrthnU mentioned... Falken, BMW RLL, maybe even CORE Autosport? It's just a pipe dream of mine but I'd give almost anything to see BMW drop DTM and do the full season of WEC. Adding two factory BMW Z4 GTEs in GTE-Pro, with the likes of Hand, Priaulx, Farfus, and Werner, would be unbelievable. As far as GTE-Am, I'd guarantee Larbre, IMSA Matmut, Felbermayr-Proton, AMR, and AF Corse back... otherwise, I'm not so sure.

Beetle is back in business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I though it was Beetles job
Apparently FstrthnU is FstrthnME now.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3331042)   #7
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/del...cing-programs/
One quick thing, Delta-ADR just secured a new sponsor so they are good to go for 2014 WEC/Le Mans. The article mentions the #25 car but I think it also covers the #26 car (provided G-Drive isn't funding that one fully already)
Old 14 Nov 2013, 17:54 (Ref:3331362)   #8
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/del...cing-programs/
One quick thing, Delta-ADR just secured a new sponsor so they are good to go for 2014 WEC/Le Mans. The article mentions the #25 car but I think it also covers the #26 car (provided G-Drive isn't funding that one fully already)
OK, cool. Thanks for the info.

As was mentioned in this article, Mazda will be running the full TUSC season with their new SkyActiv Diesel LMP2 cars (they will be running two full-time). I think that means we can expect at least 1 entry out of Mazda in LMP2 for the 24 next year, barring no major disasters!
Old 14 Nov 2013, 21:17 (Ref:3331455)   #9
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
OK, cool. Thanks for the info.

As was mentioned in this article, Mazda will be running the full TUSC season with their new SkyActiv Diesel LMP2 cars (they will be running two full-time). I think that means we can expect at least 1 entry out of Mazda in LMP2 for the 24 next year, barring no major disasters!
That would be nice to see. It's a pity it took as long as it did. With them announcing the project in 2012 and not making le mans in 2013.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 23:10 (Ref:3331519)   #10
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
That would be nice to see. It's a pity it took as long as it did. With them announcing the project in 2012 and not making le mans in 2013.
I'm very confident we'll see them, with Joel Miller and Tristan Nunez in toe. As far as other drivers, I'm not sure. Perhaps the old Dyson crew back together again - Dyson, Kane, Al Masaood, and Smith?
Old 16 Nov 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3332214)   #11
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope I'm wrong - but I feel that a lot of teams wanting to get TUSCC right in year one will mean they don't make the trip.
Old 16 Nov 2013, 18:49 (Ref:3332228)   #12
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I hope I'm wrong - but I feel that a lot of teams wanting to get TUSCC right in year one will mean they don't make the trip.
On closer inspection, there aren't actually many teams from the WEC or ELMS wanting to do the full 2014 TUSC season. Just Pecom, I think. Greaves, Delta-ADR, and OAK, among others, are only planning to do the NAEC races (i.e. Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen, and Petit Le Mans).

As far as teams stateside like ESM, Pickett Racing, BMW Team RLL, Falken, CORE Autosport and Risi... I doubt they'll make the trip because of TUSC commitments. That's a real shame.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 01:06 (Ref:3332378)   #13
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I'm very confident we'll see them, with Joel Miller and Tristan Nunez in toe. As far as other drivers, I'm not sure. Perhaps the old Dyson crew back together again - Dyson, Kane, Al Masaood, and Smith?
Like I think everyone on here I'd love to see Mazda next June but my understanding is that you can't, in full ACO regs, run a diesel in LMP2.

Autosport are reporting that they're looking at shifting this, but suspect Mazda are one to look for in 2015 rather than getting too hopeful about next year.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3332470)   #14
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Like I think everyone on here I'd love to see Mazda next June but my understanding is that you can't, in full ACO regs, run a diesel in LMP2.

Autosport are reporting that they're looking at shifting this, but suspect Mazda are one to look for in 2015 rather than getting too hopeful about next year.
WR were supposedly developing one earlier (but never materialized).
a 2.5L Diesel engine can be allowed by the Endurance Committee under a dedicated set of restrictions.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 10:27 (Ref:3332505)   #15
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
WR were supposedly developing one earlier (but never materialized).

a 2.5L Diesel engine can be allowed by the Endurance Committee under a dedicated set of restrictions.
Hadn't spotted that in the 2013 regs, which does seem pretty conclusive.

I guess the issue is ensuring the ACO is onside in coming up with the dedicated set of restrictions, which in the running text from John Doonan and Vincent Beaumesnil here essentially says "run in the US for 2014 so we can figure out what those restrictions should be and then we can have the Mazda running in 2015".
Old 17 Nov 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3332533)   #16
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought factory teams weren't allowed in LMP2?
Old 17 Nov 2013, 14:14 (Ref:3332562)   #17
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought that too.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3332595)   #18
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think this is more a Speedsource/Multimatic project that Mazda are prepared to put their name to. Doesn't scream factory effort to me - despite the PR.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3332605)   #19
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
I think this is more a Speedsource/Multimatic project that Mazda are prepared to put their name to. Doesn't scream factory effort to me - despite the PR.
I suspect this is a case of "the ACO will have a rule until expediency suggests it makes sense to turn a blind eye to it" - and I don't think anyone's necessarily going to have a huge problem with that.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 18:42 (Ref:3332647)   #20
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
As far as the ACO granting Mazda permission, I think it's merely a nuisance for them, not a problem. For instance, SRT launched the Viper GTS-R just after Le Mans 2012, and they managed to reserve two entries for the 24 in 2013. It will be another crapstorm of waivers, certainly, but it's not an impossible notion. Unfortunately for the ACO (and Mazda, by default), they don't have a full season to run their cars for the decisions to be made. But I think it's still a good possibility we'll see them in the 24 in 2014.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 19:01 (Ref:3333240)   #21
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Looks like Woodard (Morgan LMP2) will throw their hat in for an entry alongside a likely ELMS programme - http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/un-...oodard-racing/
Old 19 Nov 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3333453)   #22
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Looks like Woodard (Morgan LMP2) will throw their hat in for an entry alongside a likely ELMS programme - http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/un-...oodard-racing/
Forgive me, but who exactly are Woodard? The article mentioned the 2011 12 Hours of Sebring with Luca Moro, Olivier Lombard, and Johnny Mowlem... so that's the #038 Iconik Energy Drinks WRO team that ran LMPC? Hmm... don't know much about their background, actually.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3334480)   #23
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
It looks like we could have 3 entries from SMP Racing next year if this report comes to pass.

http://sportscar365.com/wec/smp-raci...x-24-programs/

2x WEC Oreca 03 P2 cars
Sergey Zlobin / Maurizio Mediani / Nicolas Minassian?
Victor Shaitar / Cyril Ladigin / Anton Ladigin

1x Ferrari 458
???

Anyone know whether a ELMS GTC auto entry has to be translated into a GT-Am entry or can it be a Pro car? I'm assuming Am.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 22:35 (Ref:3334522)   #24
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
Quote:
It looks like we could have 3 entries from SMP Racing next year if this report comes to pass.

2x WEC Oreca 03 P2 cars

1x Ferrari 458
???

Anyone know whether a ELMS GTC auto entry has to be translated into a GT-Am entry or can it be a Pro car? I'm assuming Am.
The Ferrari 458 would depend on whether SMP Racing is interested in getting a GT2 Ferrari. Right now, they only own/rent GT3 Ferraris.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 04:20 (Ref:3334618)   #25
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:

2x WEC Oreca 03 P2 cars

1x Ferrari 458
???

I'm assuming GTE-Am as well, but for different reasons. Surely Boris Rotenberg, the man behind the spending madness, will want to reserve a seat for himself in one of his cars? He slower than molasses which makes me think he'll put in another gentleman driver (perhaps his old childhood judo sparring partner Vladimir Putin? ) and then stick in someone quicker like Alessandro Pier Guidi, Fabio Babini, Mika Salo, or Daniil Move. Lots of info coming from the SMP front...