Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jul 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3273146)   #76
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I don't see a boycott. It's a mass manufacturing company they'll be able to come with enough suitable boots for the cars for the race to go ahead. The timing couldn't be worse mind you and the tyres will be as tough and awkward as the ones they fit on jet liners but I don't see a boycott.

There's enough blame to spread around based on the evidence. But the court of public opinion doesn't go by the evidence; it goes by what it sees on the telly and the court of public opinion saw tyres marked Pirelli explode like grenades and that's bad. Very bad.

I appreciate the point about contracts. But there was murmurs about Pirelli upping sticks and quiting the sport after being hauled into court over the Merc test, this is surely going see to them buy themselves out of their contract. I hope not mind you , I've always liked Pirelli as a company and it would be nice to see them straighten things out.