Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jun 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3270928)   #51
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An RBR seat opens up and for the first time ever Hamilton and Alonso compliment Vettel on doing a fantastic job. See, they can get along and play nice with Seb.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/06/2...art-to-season/
Old 27 Jun 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3270942)   #52
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Welcome back to motorracing Mark.

I hope it's Raikkonen at Red Bull that gives Vettel a good horse whipping next year. Metaphorically of course. Well, if they really want to horse whip each other - just keep it behind closed doors. We don't want another Mosley incident.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 00:31 (Ref:3270975)   #53
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I will miss Mark Webber.. Just a straight ahead chap not afraid to tell it like it is, very refreshing..

The best of luck to you with Porsche ...
Old 28 Jun 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3270998)   #54
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When I was near to follow Webber, again, I'm still with no driver to support in F1... Meh.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3270999)   #55
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I will miss Mark Webber.. Just a straight ahead chap not afraid to tell it like it is, very refreshing..

The best of luck to you with Porsche ...
Andrew Benson agrees with you (so do I by the way):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23073995

Best of luck to Mark - a Porsche factory drive is a good move.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 02:24 (Ref:3271003)   #56
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
In many ways this will involve Mark taking a major step back in his career though he is expected to rapidly re-learn the skills of overtaking, spontaneous smiling and driving for more than three laps without pitting for tyres, reasonably quickly.
LOL
Chapeau!
Old 28 Jun 2013, 02:44 (Ref:3271008)   #57
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
diResta would be a very plausible permanent 'number 2' a la Webber.

JEV or Ricciardo would be a 'number 2' that could potentially become a 'number 1'
I was thinking more about Adrian Sutil...
Old 28 Jun 2013, 02:49 (Ref:3271012)   #58
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember when Mark crossed the finish line in 5th in a Minardi in Australia. That was a big deal and a sign of big things to come. Too bad he never was able to capitalize...especially a couple of years ago when he could have won the WDC.

He will be missed. He was a very good spokesperson and driver rep.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3271056)   #59
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
He was a lousy general though, I thought. Just did not know which wars to pick on the whole.

Having said that, I believe that RBR will miss his input.

Wonder if they have in fact signed Kimi?

Who would RBR jump at getting in preference to Webber? MSC?
Old 28 Jun 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3271065)   #60
Noodoo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
Noodoo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apart from nearly winning the WDC a few years ago, I don't think Webber has quite had the pace to get near it again since.

I hope it is Kimi that goes to Red Bull, he's the only driver available next year that will just hop into the Red Bull and be able to give Vettel a SERIOUS run for his money. (So long as next year's rule changes don't disturb Red Bull's dominance)
Old 28 Jun 2013, 08:33 (Ref:3271070)   #61
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
He was a lousy general though, I thought. Just did not know which wars to pick on the whole.

Having said that, I believe that RBR will miss his input.

Wonder if they have in fact signed Kimi?

I doubt it yet judging by Christian Horners comments.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108330
Old 28 Jun 2013, 08:36 (Ref:3271072)   #62
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I hope it's Raikkonen at Red Bull that gives Vettel a good horse whipping next year.
Something we may be overlooking with this... at just 26 years old, Vettel is already a 3 [soon to be 4] time WDC. He is devastatingly fast and has pretty much wiped the floor with everyone he's raced against. He's on a trajectory to be one of the greatest racing drivers of all time. If he did get the berth, it's very unlikely that Kimi would be giving him a 'horse whipping'.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 08:42 (Ref:3271074)   #63
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suspect a fully motivated Kimi would give Vettel a run for his money and Vettel does not like his team mate being quicker than him so things could get interesting if Kimi was to end up at RB.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3271079)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

You are joking right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Something we may be overlooking with this... at just 26 years old, Vettel is already a 3 [soon to be 4] time WDC. He is devastatingly fast and has pretty much wiped the floor with everyone he's raced against. He's on a trajectory to be one of the greatest racing drivers of all time. If he did get the berth, it's very unlikely that Kimi would be giving him a 'horse whipping'.
Horse-whipping? No. The hardest fight he's had so far - I reckon......

I still don't see Vettell 'allowing' that to happen.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 08:58 (Ref:3271084)   #65
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Missed his big chance of a WDC after hitting the scenery at the Korean GP, I think it was. Always liked his straight forward answers to often quite stupid questions. Also should have gone to Renault after years of encouragement from this forum. Some people just never listen.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3271092)   #66
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You are joking right?

I most certainly am!

Would be interesting though!

I also don't t
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3271093)   #67
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
You are joking right?

I most certainly am!

Be an interesting match though!

I honestly don't think anyone will horse-whip Vettel.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:17 (Ref:3271096)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess that depends on your position as to how much difference it makes having a Red Bull and the 110% support of your team......
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:19 (Ref:3271098)   #69
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well if they were allowed to indulge in 'fighting', I think RBR can look forward to a lot more double DNF's... which will then necessitate Horner reprimanding them... which will go down like a lead balloon with Kimi... which will probably result in him becoming 'demotivated' again... and eventually leaving.

... on the other hand, Kimi's a clear number one at Renault, who are more than happy to mould the team around him and bow to his every whim. He looks far more at ease there than he's been for a long time. Not only that, but the Lotus is a very good car, good enough to possibly give him a genuine crack at a WDC.

The decision for Kimi might not be as straightforward as it looks.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3271108)   #70
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It doesn't actually look straight forward to me at all...... I think a lot of people are adding 2 +2 and getting 5......
Old 28 Jun 2013, 10:02 (Ref:3271120)   #71
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A classic Kimi response today on being asked about the Red Bull drive:

'if I knew I would tell everyone so that people would stop bothering me’
Old 28 Jun 2013, 10:03 (Ref:3271123)   #72
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi wouldn't care about Vettel's politial mind game nonsense. He would get in the car and drive, just get on with it. He would be Vettel's biggest challenge yet.

Assuming he gets the seat of course.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 10:27 (Ref:3271132)   #73
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What makes you think Vettel plays mind games? With his finger? Vettel and Raikkonen get along well and while Webber successfully portrayed himself as a "no nonsense" guy which I always found remarkable considering his constantly defiant attitude and whining Raikkonen actually is one, I think.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 10:39 (Ref:3271137)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Show me a top F1 driver who doesn't play mind games....... It's part of the make up.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3271142)   #75
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We all know that Mateschitz is very keen on Webber

Has anyone thought about Red Bull sponsoring Porsche or at least being a potential partner?

Energy drinks really aren't in that market at all, probably for good reason as the fanbase is hardly Monster/Red Bull territory.

But Webber is very close to the boss man, and I am sure Porsche wouldn't mind a few quid being taken off their budget!

dont really care who partners Vettel, let's face it, unless he moves and drives another car he will never be rated as highly as he should be as he won everything in one car in an era where that matters more than it ever has, and Mark though usuallky behind has often been a match until Seb cries about the car and gets his way again.

In 2010/11 Mark was pushing on nicely, the front wing affair really proved that. And for me he has probably not been leading the team in terms of design and stuff as they would obviosuly allow Vettel to as he is normally quicker.