Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think the driver of the Grand Prix is?
Lewis Hamilton 9 20.45%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 14 31.82%
Kimi Räikkönen 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Max Verstappen 1 2.27%
Sergio Pérez 2 4.55%
Esteban Ocon 15 34.09%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Jolyon Palmer 0 0%
Pascal Wehrlein 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 3 6.82%
Stoffel Vandoorne 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Jun 2017, 06:52 (Ref:3740153)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the the Grand Prix: Canadian Grand Prix 2017

Who do you think the driver of the Grand Prix is?
Old 11 Jun 2017, 20:13 (Ref:3740335)   #2
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was enormously impressed by Ocon yet again,but for his stellar recovery drive I voted for Vettel.
Old 11 Jun 2017, 20:19 (Ref:3740338)   #3
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was impressed by Ocon as well.
Old 11 Jun 2017, 21:23 (Ref:3740348)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ocon, Vettel or Alonso. I'm not sure...
Old 11 Jun 2017, 23:36 (Ref:3740362)   #5
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll go for Ocon as he was genuinely better than his team mate today. Just Perez' stubborness that cost them 4th. But I don't think Ocon ever had anything for Ricciardo. He couldn't even get close enough to Perez even with the DRS advantage when Ricciardo pulled away.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 00:29 (Ref:3740366)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 10:56 (Ref:3740475)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ocon.

it's understandable why force india don't want to go down the team orders path but perez cost the team points by standing his ground. ocon might not have made it past the car in front but he was obviously quicker. perez' only excuse would have been if he didn't receive enough information from the team over the radio but even so...
Old 12 Jun 2017, 11:17 (Ref:3740479)   #8
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Vettel. I might give it to Ocon but at the end of the day he was bested by his teammate. So it's Vet that gets the nod from me.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 15:54 (Ref:3740548)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
im opting for the boring choice of LH. just dominated and bounced back from a bad weekend a fortnight ago.

one of his best starts in a long time.

honorable mention to SV who limited the damage as best he could.

maybe controversial to say but i dont think Ocon pushed nearly hard enough to justify SP giving up his place and from a team point of view it really only would have been trading points finishing places...just my opinion but if he couldnt get past SP on his own then getting past DR was always going to be a much bigger challenge and one i dont think the FI car would have been capable of.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3740588)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Once Mr Clumsy had ruined Mr Racer's car, Mr Rap had it all his own way, while Mr Singlewin, was never in the hunt. Mr Racer proved a true racer, while Mr Richkid did a decent job and given his recent form was to an extent the DOTR, Mr Pinkcar, one and Mr Pinkcar two proved most entertaining, and allowed Mr Tombstones to cruise to a podium, although probably one more lap and he would have been fourth. Mr Froggy proved once again that he has no place in Formula 1.

Mr. Knowall.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3740598)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Once Mr Clumsy had ruined Mr Racer's car, Mr Rap had it all his own way, while Mr Singlewin, was never in the hunt. Mr Racer proved a true racer, while Mr Richkid did a decent job and given his recent form was to an extent the DOTR, Mr Pinkcar, one and Mr Pinkcar two proved most entertaining, and allowed Mr Tombstones to cruise to a podium, although probably one more lap and he would have been fourth. Mr Froggy proved once again that he has no place in Formula 1.

Mr. Knowall.
That's the best race summary I've read; much better than extended highlights on C4.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3740634)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
ocon for me this time
Old 12 Jun 2017, 19:12 (Ref:3740645)   #13
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That's the best race summary I've read; much better than extended highlights on C4.
Thank you BJS*, I'm glad you liked my concise summary of events.

Or may I call you Mr Nice?

Cheers,

Mr Bob.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 20:42 (Ref:3740672)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lewis. Easy
Old 12 Jun 2017, 22:34 (Ref:3740690)   #15
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Vettel for his stunning recovery drive and then remembered and realised Stroll scored his first points... so Vettel it is
Old 12 Jun 2017, 23:17 (Ref:3740700)   #16
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's tricky. Vettel had a tussle at the start and then had to fight back. Fair play to him, he pulled a risky move to get by one of the Force Indias. It could have gone wrong, and it's the sort of thing that could have cost him the championship. A strong recovery drive.

Ocon was good as well.

However, Lewis was just so dominant this weekend. Qualifying he was on another level - much like his idol Senna(nice touch getting the helmet from the Senna family), and in the race he just had it all under control, lead every lap and had a decent lead above his teammate in the end. It was the sort of thing he needed after the disappointment of Monaco.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 00:10 (Ref:3740707)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Thank you BJS*, I'm glad you liked my concise summary of events.

Or may I call you Mr Nice?

Cheers,

Mr Bob.
You're welcome Mr. Bob. Looking forward to your summery of the Baku GP. Maybe you should should start a thread?

Mr. BJS will do.

Cheers.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 00:08 (Ref:3741046)   #18
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I'll go for Ocon as he was genuinely better than his team mate today. Just Perez' stubborness that cost them 4th. But I don't think Ocon ever had anything for Ricciardo. He couldn't even get close enough to Perez even with the DRS advantage when Ricciardo pulled away.
I don't agree, the Force India's have similar straightline speed with the Mercedes engines. I think Ocon would have been able to get Ricciardo down the straights. The Renault power is lacking.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3741148)   #19
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi isn't getting any votes this year?
Old 14 Jun 2017, 22:00 (Ref:3741444)   #20
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis, with kudos to Seb, Lance, Esteban and Fernando.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 14:51 (Ref:3741652)   #21
bauble
Veteran

England
One can disagree, but never question anyone's choice for DOTR, it is a personal opinion, and so If I want to nominate Felipe Massa, who was taken out on the first lap, for the honour, so be it. However, I sometimes wrestle with the logic of some nominations.

Many people have named Lewis as their choice on the grounds that he started form pole and won the race (Fastest lap is means nothing in this context), therefore surely Bottas would be rated as second in the ranking as he started from third and finished second, while Ricciardo by cruising to third merits a 'kudos to'. Vettel on the other hand got himself involved at the start and spent the race battling through the lower orders so little to recommend him. Alonso struggled around way off the pace so has nothing to boast about, while the two Force India drivers simply wasted time in a futile battle.

My point is that if the DOTR is the man who wins easily without effective opposition, why would some one who battles heroically against adversity be worth any praise at all?

My interpretation of the 'Easy Win' nomination would be.

1 Hamilton
2 Bottas
3 Ricciardo
4 Raikkonnen
5 Hulkenburg
6 Stroll.

Just to clarify; I voted fro Vettel. But then I am a Silly Old Fool
Old 15 Jun 2017, 17:00 (Ref:3741701)   #22
Eric.D
Rookie

England
Bedfordshire
Eric.D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
One can disagree, but never question anyone's choice for DOTR, it is a personal opinion, and so If I want to nominate Felipe Massa, who was taken out on the first lap, for the honour, so be it. However, I sometimes wrestle with the logic of some nominations
As Baub says its all down to personal opinion. For me its always whoever the driver of the first Ferrari to finish is.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 02:09 (Ref:3742401)   #23
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Kimi isn't getting any votes this year?

There's my justification! Kimi it is!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 Jun 2017, 04:28 (Ref:3742422)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has to be Mr Alonso for his radio message to his engineer
"You are not giving me useful information" is a classic

Why they keep telling him that strategy XYZis working when he is in 10th and couldn't pass the Safety Car in a straight line is beyond me.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House