Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Oct 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2563962)   #251
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
Well take Mark Webber off the list too! Well done to him.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2563967)   #252
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I would have preferred to have had more post-race analysis on the BBC forum, i.e. discussing moves etc. However, they hardly ignored Webber's win. They more than acknowledged it. They showed the press conference, they showed a seperate interview with him after the race- what more do you want?
Something other than Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button would've been nice. They even cut Lewis out of the PC

He won the race. I'd have thought he'd have been worth more than just 2 interviews
Old 18 Oct 2009, 19:51 (Ref:2563972)   #253
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh dear, The lad just won the world championship. I think he deserves all the media attention he gets.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2563976)   #254
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Wait, Mark won?

You wouldn't think so with the way the Beeb have completely ignored it
It's like Andretti winning Japan 1976 or Patrese South Africa 1983. The Great Championship Point God devours all.

Of course, under Bernie's system, we could have celebrated the win as a proper win. But the Great Unwashed were revolting.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 19:57 (Ref:2563981)   #255
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The BBC were set up in Brawn, given the championship win and the chaos that went with it, I wouldn't have thought that it would have been that easy to focus on anything else even for a few minutes. If they had left the garage they'd never have got back in again.

Remember until the end of the podium ceremony the BBC aren't allowed to cut away from the World feed, and it was the FOM that only just cut away from Button in time for that.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 20:12 (Ref:2563999)   #256
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They even cut Lewis out of the PC
Pleased with that and not seeing his Dad on tv.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 20:23 (Ref:2564017)   #257
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Something other than Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button Button would've been nice. They even cut Lewis out of the PC

He won the race. I'd have thought he'd have been worth more than just 2 interviews
I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if Webber had won the title and Button the race. I thought the coverage of the race winner was fine, considering how the championship is considerably more important than the individual races.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2564024)   #258
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Taylor View Post
I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if Webber had won the title and Button the race.
No doubt the BBC would love it if Button won the race and all but ignore Webber winning the title
Old 18 Oct 2009, 20:27 (Ref:2564026)   #259
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
They interviewed Mark after the race, spoke to Christian Horner etc.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2564030)   #260
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
No doubt the BBC would love it if Button won the race and all but ignore Webber winning the title
And if Australian TV were covering the race they would ignore Jen's and concentrate on Mark if it was he who won the title and Jen's the race
Old 18 Oct 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2564035)   #261
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
And if Australian TV were covering the race they would ignore Jen's and concentrate on Mark if it was he who won the title and Jen's the race
I've never watched Australian coverage, but if they did, then they'd be just as bad

I've enjoyed the Beeb's coverage this year but lately it's gotten ridiculous. They started off impartial but lately, they've deviated from that. But anyway, that's for a different thread
Old 18 Oct 2009, 20:43 (Ref:2564042)   #262
Roths
Rookie

Roths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its about what the viewer wants. I for one would rather have seen Button jumping around than Webber.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 23:28 (Ref:2564140)   #263
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally at least webber can prove the critics wrong his is not a one trick pony, hopefully can carry the form to Abu Dahbi and onto next year. Well done to Mark and also well done to Jenson a once previous member of the One Hit wonder club and now the World Champion.
Old 19 Oct 2009, 01:00 (Ref:2564184)   #264
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I've never watched Australian coverage, but if they did, then they'd be just as bad
We get the BBC feed, interconnected with occasional drivel by Greg "Seven Times World Champion Michael Schumacher" Rust and Cam "Expert Comments" McConville
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 19 Oct 2009, 01:11 (Ref:2564187)   #265
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But anyway, that's for a different thread
True jab. We should probably leave it at that on this for this thread. But I fail to see how two interviews and an interview with his boss was not at least adequate.
Old 19 Oct 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2564604)   #266
Ricky Bobby
Racer

Australia
Ricky Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
We get the BBC feed, interconnected with occasional drivel by Greg "Seven Times World Champion Michael Schumacher" Rust and Cam "Expert Comments" McConville
Don't you mean Greg 'Australia's Mark Webber' Rust?
It's sickening.
Old 19 Oct 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2564674)   #267
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Don't you mean Greg 'Australia's Mark Webber' Rust?
It's sickening.
Yeah, was tossing up between the two, but he hasn't gone as bezerk on Australia's Mark Webber since he won and everyone actually learnt who he was...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 21 Oct 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2566128)   #268
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't think it was too bad, it's not the first time the winner of a race has been almost ignored while the race went on behind them, this year or any other.

Given the ridiculously unlikely course of events with Brawn, the coverage, though somewhat tiresome at times, wasn't anything unexpected given the demographic of those paying for the coverage that is on-sold to Australia.

After all, if the rest of the world used the ABC's coverage, there'd nothing here but complaints about it being the Mark Webber show, even more than there is already.......
Old 26 Oct 2009, 10:59 (Ref:2569968)   #269
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I dont see the big deal. As others have said, championships are more important than races. His first win maybe a bit rough, but not his second.

So of the remaining 3 on the list, who can/will get off it next, if any?
Old 26 Oct 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2569979)   #270
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt that Trulli will get of the list unless Toyota are remarkable in Abu Dhabi. With Kovalienen its difficult to say as it depends on where he ends up next season. And finally Kubica it depends on where he goes in 2011.

Imo anyways lol
Old 26 Oct 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2570043)   #271
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Wait, Mark won?

You wouldn't think so with the way the Beeb have completely ignored it
Well I mean really, who cares?

The champion is bound to get more coverage. And rightly so.
Old 28 Oct 2009, 04:36 (Ref:2571150)   #272
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Hey Knowlesy!

MARKWEBBERLEGEND

*runs*
Old 15 Apr 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3059300)   #273
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ladeees and Genelmen, I am proud to introduce you to Nico Rosberg!

Old 15 Apr 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3059308)   #274
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a little early to write Nico off as a one hit winner just after he's won his first Grand Prix! Personally, although I don't think he is one of the best, something could now click in Rosberg that makes winning easier.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 09:20 (Ref:3059330)   #275
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lol,

This thread is to celebrate the first win. Perhaps the title is misleading. We all hope he will go on to better things now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk