Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jan 2004, 15:23 (Ref:855230)   #1
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Whats With The New Cars???

this is the first tim eive EVER posted on an f1 forum.....but i gotta say that im really lookin forward to this years f1 season.....every car is differrent....i dont think we have seen this much variety in the cars design for about 10 years or so....i think we could see some very interresting results out there this year!
Old 29 Jan 2004, 15:38 (Ref:855245)   #2
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed ascar, I agree with you. And it's a good thing we'll see more interesting results. Teams are actually now using their ingenuity to get round the rules, rather than just going for the "off the mould" look.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 15:56 (Ref:855265)   #3
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Got the makings of a good year, I'm quite excited actually!

ST
Old 29 Jan 2004, 16:05 (Ref:855270)   #4
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think last year set us up for the cars to vary widely this year (and, while they actually do look different for the first time in a while, they really aren't THAT different...). With the front teams battling so closely, they realized that to win, they were going to have to have something different from the rest of the pack...
Old 29 Jan 2004, 19:24 (Ref:855514)   #5
Pit_Lane_Babe
Rookie

Pit_Lane_Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Variety in car design.........guess we have forgotten the Sauber and Ferrari look a likes. Lol, sorry, but had to be said!
Setting all that aside, I think this is going to be the most exciting season to date!
Old 29 Jan 2004, 20:04 (Ref:855582)   #6
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The interest will only intensify if we have a couple of outside of the norm results.I mean Renault win the AGP Toyota second Jag third and the same sort of thing happens for the rest of the GPs until they get to Europe.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 29 Jan 2004 at 20:05.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 12:09 (Ref:856281)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Weren't their enough surprises last year? Jordan and Renault taking wins, Sauber scoring 10 points in the US, Button leading there, 2 wins for Rubens, Michael back in 8th twice.... fantastic stuff.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 12:14 (Ref:856283)   #8
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Webber didn't win but he did leed

The Grumpy1
Old 30 Jan 2004, 12:32 (Ref:856299)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
With the way Ferrari have lead the way for the last few years or so, the other teams have had to try something different.

I for one am looking forward to the season.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 14:40 (Ref:856456)   #10
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Yes, agree with all...the late nights here in the land of Oz should be even more worthwhile than last year (which was great). Forget the testing at the moment...the new regs (one engine, rear wings) have to (should) help the BAR and Jag in particular, Toyota are gonna keep improving and Sauber surely will be competitve with their Ferrari. The top 4 might improve overall 2 or 3 % but the other teams can improve a little more and therefore be closer.

The spread of good, hungry drivers in those lower teams should also help to make it interesting (Webber & Button for sure, Fisi, Massa, da Matta, even Sato). Its probably still mainly a 3 way fight (MS, JPM, KR) but i've got a feeling that Rubens, Ralf and DC may see a fair bit of those guys this year.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 14:43 (Ref:856460)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure how the new regs will help BAR and Jag in particular, their engines couldn't stay in 1 piece for a race last season, let alone an entire weekend
Old 1 Feb 2004, 07:54 (Ref:858566)   #12
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They will have to improve by a significant margin if they are to do so. Hondas over the past couple of years or so have been blowing up with alarming regularity.
Old 1 Feb 2004, 09:21 (Ref:858604)   #13
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see BAR off the back of the grid in every race due to engine failure. Pre season testing hasnt been overly successful for them.
Ferrari are the reliability benchmarks in F1, until another team can match them in reliability then i doubt they will be able to take the championship away from them.
Williams could be fast same with renault, but have they proved that they can last the distance ??

-jason
Old 2 Feb 2004, 04:42 (Ref:859711)   #14
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Im also looking forward to 04 immensly , it should be fantastic , and I cant wait as I will see the cars the very first time they take to the track at Albert park for competition.

the cars do look pretty good , even the Williams is growing on me ( I still think its the ugliest car ever).

One thing I am dissapointed in and its only a small thing is the paint jobs , i mean its good for the teams to have the same sponsors to be familiar with them but really the cars look pretty much the same as last year , with 3 cars still to go I dont see the McLaren being and different and Jordan will probably be yellow again due to B & H so I guess its up to minardi to provide us with a brand new paint scheme for 04 , lets hope is something good

Bring on the racing !!!!