Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jul 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1034188)   #1
schuey01
Rookie

schuey01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi Räikkönen's reaction to getting 2nd!

Well maybe I was the only one to notice. Maybe not.

Kimi Räikkönen's OBVIOUS "sucky baby" routine is pathetic. I know being second never compares to being number 1. But why look so gloomy after placing a celebratory 2nd (2 SECONDS BEHIND MICHAEL). I think a certain maturity level to be in F1 should be a FIA rule!

Also, what was going on with his "down the hatch" and "all thanks to me" method of celebrating with the champagne. I think Dan Gurney would've broken that champagne bottle on the cement and stabbed poor Kimi in the heart with it after that display of ignorance.

Kimi Räikkönen GROW UP!!!!

SHOW YOUR TEAM SOME DAMNED RESPECT!!!!
Old 12 Jul 2004, 13:58 (Ref:1034193)   #2
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Erm. Ah. Um. :confused:

1. He wasn't sulking. That's just the way he looks. Especially in front of camera.

2. I think how he celebrates with the team in private afterwards has a little more bearing on things than what he does with the champagne.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 14:02 (Ref:1034196)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where the heck did that come from?? :confused:
Old 12 Jul 2004, 14:04 (Ref:1034200)   #4
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
And:
He's Young
Not out-going
Obviously not comfortable with all the media attention
English is not his first language
He's has just driven for over 90 minutes in a F1 car - not easy

Why judge him so harshly?? Maybe someone else should grow up and show respect???
Old 12 Jul 2004, 14:15 (Ref:1034220)   #5
schuey01
Rookie

Jarno Trulli and Button on their wins at Monaco were trulli (I know) proud of their achievements (moreso Button). But they at least represented their team as well as themselves with celebratory remarks and the occasional smile. This is a team sport, not bloody checkers!!

He gave no thanks or appreciation towards his team.

HE IS THE REPRESENTATIVE FOR HIS TEAM NOT THE OWNER.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 14:19 (Ref:1034226)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He did give appreciation to the team, and Ron Dennis was delighted too.

But both Ron and Kimi are winners and aren't going to ecstatic till they're back on the top step.

No need to bash him for this!
Old 12 Jul 2004, 14:33 (Ref:1034247)   #7
schuey01
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by steve_r
And:
He's Young
Not out-going
Obviously not comfortable with all the media attention
English is not his first language
He's has just driven for over 90 minutes in a F1 car - not easy

Why judge him so harshly?? Maybe someone else should grow up and show respect???

His age shouldn't have anything to do with the matter.
Him being out going, is I am sorry, ridiculous.
Räikkönen's comforts should be relaxed by now - He's been in front of a camera and the press since '87.
Last year when he placed second overall his ENGLISH sounded perfectly fine. Did I forget to mention that ENGLISH is a requirement of Formula 1 - Either you know it or you don't. So obviously he must know it!
And 90 minutes may not be easy but at it can't as bad as driving behind Sato!
Old 12 Jul 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1034250)   #8
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I think this topic is a bit shady... if you want to bash Kimi for his attitude, slag him for pushing marshals or whatever, but don't say he isn't a team player because he didn't wet himself with glee like some over-stimulated puppy dog because he finished in P2 as the first loser...
Old 12 Jul 2004, 14:40 (Ref:1034255)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is ridiculous to bash someone because they don't behave like you think they should on the podium.

In addition this is a F1 forum not a behaviour psychiatry forum. Let's talk about F1, not just bash drivers for how they spray champagne.

Thread closed