Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 May 2004, 20:23 (Ref:989579)   #76
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
mangaer55, have GNM considered following Creation, and run a prototype in 2005?

Would be great to see!

Last edited by JAG; 31 May 2004 at 20:24.
Old 31 May 2004, 20:31 (Ref:989592)   #77
manager55
Rookie

manager55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Jag

yes oddly enough we were discussing that at Brno. But i think at the moment we would like to see the various series settle down a little, because buying and running a prototype is a big undertaking and we would need to run one for at least 2 seasons. We have an option for the Saleen for next year, and we also have a Porsche, but i think we would like to run a prototype eventually. Our current FIa drivers are all single seat guys. Paolo is very very fast, one of the 'finds' of the year in my opinion. Anthony Kumpen may do more, and Gian Maria Gabbiani who ran with us at Monza LMES will come back. For the moment we will stick with the Saleen - we are making waves with itas a singleton entry. Hope to see you at Donington?
thanks
Old 31 May 2004, 20:43 (Ref:989601)   #78
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I sure will be at Donnington.

The prototype scene in Europe really seems to be taking off now, its great to see so many new teams entering the fray. A far cry from a few years ago.

I'm sure GNM could do a great job with an LMP1 car such as a Zytek, Lola or Lister. I here Nasamax are now looking for partners to run customer chassis!
Old 31 May 2004, 20:53 (Ref:989617)   #79
manager55
Rookie

manager55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes i think so too. Graham would really like to run a Prototype. I think for now we will wait and see what happens with the various rules. The Zytek LMP would be a consideration for sure. We certainly have the drivers for it. The FIA GT series is very good for us, and the LMES too although the restrictor issue slows the Saleen down somewhat.
thanks
Old 31 May 2004, 21:21 (Ref:989643)   #80
JAG
Veteran

England
Does the Saleen suffer more with the smaller ACO spec restrictors than the 550, Vette etc.

I've read the Saleen is down on power, so I suppose the ACO restrictors do not help the Saleen one bit.
Old 31 May 2004, 21:21 (Ref:989644)   #81
JAG
Veteran

England
ignore

Last edited by JAG; 31 May 2004 at 21:21.
Old 31 May 2004, 23:33 (Ref:989735)   #82
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great to have you here manager55! first off i just wanted to congradulate your team on a great job with the saleen at brno this past weekend. you guys definitely had the pace and hopefully you can get a bit of luck to go along with your pace at donnington!

about the saleen in ACO spec... it seems as though the car just isn't as quick as it is in FIA-GT spec. is this mainly due to the restrictors? if so why do the corvettes seem to do well with the restrictors even though they too have a big V8? is their engine just better suited to handle the restrictors?

also, i can definitely see the wisdom in your decision to hold off on going LMP racing... in my mind waiting to see how the new LMES series develops is a good decision. the new 2004 regs also have created a situation where there currently aren't any 2004-spec cars out there for privateers right now, although im sure that starting this winter we will start to see projects popping up here and there.

it would also be great to see you guys in the alms sometime this season... the scheduling this year between the ALMS, LMES, and FIA-GT doesn't leave much room for switching between series, but hopefully you guys can come over here to the states. would love to stop by and say hi at one of the events!
Old 31 May 2004, 23:54 (Ref:989755)   #83
iconic
Racer

iconic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi manager55, will GNM consider racing in the bathurst 24hr race this year? there are reports that the race is definately on, but is not 100% certified, more like 80-90 i think

thanks, peter
Old 1 Jun 2004, 00:00 (Ref:989760)   #84
JAG
Veteran

England
Hopefully the engine work that is going on with the works backed Saleen in the ALMS will increase power significanlty, and be made available to customers in Europe.

There seems to be a hell of a lot of work going on with the ALMS Saleen, after years of virtually no development.

The FIA GT Saleens are very quick but, at the moment, have not come up against works opposition.
Old 1 Jun 2004, 00:46 (Ref:989770)   #85
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah it seems that pirelli is really putting a lot of work into the acemco saleen... although im not sure this is a "works" saleen though. true it is the only factory built saleen, but is it a factory supported car? anyone?
Old 1 Jun 2004, 01:23 (Ref:989787)   #86
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the acemco saleen is basically a works effort. they are getting all the "new" parts to try.. In europe, you now have Konrad who is upgrading parts on his saleens. he eventually wants to sell "Konrad Spec" Saleen chassis this winter. The Konrad saleens have a upgraded engine as well as many new parts..

Manager55, check your PM.