Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 20 Dec 2013, 12:44 (Ref:3346279)   #26
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by filop View Post
now i just solved the problem and i got another one that it hapened before i have ""new used"" motor same motor bought it for 100€ .but i turn the kart on and the rpm jumps like motor is going to blow up it hapened with hold motor too i think my carburator is not right.its a wallbro and the needels are right and i puted gasketnew one i dont know what can be...
i just saw that the pipe wich cames from the tank goes to the side of carburator and the one wich comes from motor goes up to the carburator is it right?
Have a look at the photo on the right hand side here. Although it's a different engine to yours, it shows where the routing of the pulse pipe from the crank case to the top of the Walbro carb. Fit that first. There's a separate copper coloured nipple on the side of the carb and you connect the fuel pipe there.

Hopefully this helps.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 13:06 (Ref:3346288)   #27
filop
Rookie

filop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if its like that they r right .dont understand hy its like that the rpm jump up like its going to blow
Old 20 Dec 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3346311)   #28
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
if its like that they r right .dont understand hy its like that the rpm jump up like its going to blow
If the engine's screaming from the moment it starts, then it implies that the throttle is not closed. That could mean that the butterfly is not closed properly... or there's air leaking in somewhere... through the carb manifold, the rotary valve cover, the crankcase halves seal, the oil seal, the barrel to crankcase seal etc... It could also imply there's a crank or leak of other sort in the carb body. Something's leaking !
Old 20 Dec 2013, 14:50 (Ref:3346314)   #29
filop
Rookie

i dont believe thats from motor or somthing cause with the two motors i have it does the same with both when i turn it on and i use same carburator for both
Old 20 Dec 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3346317)   #30
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
i dont believe thats from motor or somthing cause with the two motors i have it does the same with both when i turn it on and i use same carburator for both
Got to be the carb then. Simplest thing is to try another carb.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 19:29 (Ref:3346409)   #31
filop
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Got to be the carb then. Simplest thing is to try another carb.
and wich carbutator aproves better on this motor?
Old 23 Dec 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3347202)   #32
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
and wich carbutator aproves better on this motor?
Almost certainly the best carb to use on it will be a Tillotson. The HL360A is the simplest, most conventional to start with.

There's also a thread on this link here, where a guy has issues with carbs and a 100cc rotary valve Vortex motor, that might be worth your looking at.

Technically I'm not supposed to link to other forums, but hopefully the mods make an exception in this case as I'm trying to help you with a very specific problem related to karting issue.
Old 27 Dec 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3348145)   #33
filop
Rookie

pavessi

hey does a pavessi 6 gear fits on normal kart cause the chain fits on left side ...is it good engine?
Old 27 Dec 2013, 14:28 (Ref:3348147)   #34
davyboy
Veteran

I imagine you're talking about this in relation to the 125 ICC class ? If so, then yes it will fit on a standard short circuit kart. The chain runs on the left hand side of the engine near where the seat is. Note, 125 ICC class run with front disc brakes as well as the single brake on the rear axle. The 125 ICC Pavesi is a good engine.
Old 27 Dec 2013, 14:36 (Ref:3348148)   #35
filop
Rookie

im just asking cause i am following one wnd it looks reaaly great conditions , and with my vortexx with this clutch system im afraid to get stucked on thd track
Old 27 Dec 2013, 14:45 (Ref:3348152)   #36
filop
Rookie

Quote:
im just asking cause i am following one wnd it looks reaaly great conditions , and with my vortexx with this clutch system im afraid to get stucked on thd track
i was looking now and it looks really not possible to put it there i have top kart chassi
Old 27 Dec 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3348158)   #37
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
i was looking now and it looks really not possible to put it there i have top kart chassi
Your best option is a Rotax Max.