Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 24 Apr 2003, 11:47 (Ref:579288)   #1
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Trackday products

Do you stick with certain brands of products in your car?

I'm looking to get some new brakes, tyres and suspension for my MG Maestro which would suit both the road and the track.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 13:02 (Ref:579374)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can recommend Mintex pads. 1144s could be ideal. I think these are rated track only and not fast road (1155s certainly are), but unlike 1155s I've never experienced any problems with warming them and suchlike.

Check with your supplier or the manufacturer.

Tyres. Pirelli Ps have always done us well. A good tyre for road use too.

Suspension, we use SPAX, but that is all we have ever used. They are good, but I have no comparison really. And the adjustment on the adjustable ones does make a difference!

I'd be interested to hear what others say, especially on the subject of the road/track compromise.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 15:13 (Ref:579506)   #3
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I can recommend Mintex pads. 1144s could be ideal. I think these are rated track only and not fast road (1155s certainly are), but unlike 1155s I've never experienced any problems with warming them and suchlike.
Whats the price for some 1144s?

Also, do they need a bit of heat to work? i.e, if I used them on the road, would they lock every time I touched the brakes?