Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 Jun 2002, 17:36 (Ref:317039)   #1
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No LIVE F3000 race

Seems Eurosport is not going to show the race LIVE. It will be shown at 7pm.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 18:02 (Ref:317054)   #2
Ellie
Rookie

Ellie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the TV coverage is really poor, I used to love F3000/F1 weekends. Watching the F1 qualifying followed by the F3000 race.

it's even worse for me, I have to update a website with the race results straight after the race, so my enjoyment goes out of the window knowing the results before even watching the race.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 18:51 (Ref:317079)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know you wont agree with me here Hakk , and in a way i do agree with you , but i just wish Sky would show it as a extra on their PPV sevice . They would do it justice , and at the moment that is exactly what it F3000 needs .

Of course im not saying it should only be shown on sky , it should remain on Eurosport also ,

but im getting a bit fed up with Eurosports poor commitment to the sport , and its about time that someone else showed them how to do it propally . I feel quite sorry for Martin Haven and Gareth Rees , they must feel let down too .
Old 19 Jun 2002, 19:47 (Ref:317121)   #4
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is that it isn't worth anything to them.
They show dozens of other sports which attract advertisers and sponsors which keep Eurosport in business.
F3000 costs them huge amounts of money for the rights and attracts no advertising or sponsorship whatsoever.
In the key markets, such as the UK and France, nobody is watching it either, and that isn't particularly encouraging for them.
Old 21 Jun 2002, 19:16 (Ref:318349)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even more reason to let someone else cover it propally then . F3000 cars carry onboard camera's , but how often to we get to see anything of them ? , Eurosport have let us all down far to often , Cart is a prime example .
Old 22 Jun 2002, 15:32 (Ref:319012)   #6
Rempie
Racer

Rempie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The sports, respectively F3000/Cart/F1/.. are letting us down! Eurosport cannot be blamed, they're not a charity organisation with unlimited funds to pay for expensive rights with onboard images etc.

In fact, the organisers of the event should pay Eurosport, because the circuit-sponsors are being shown.
Old 22 Jun 2002, 20:31 (Ref:319165)   #7
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Rempie

In fact, the organisers of the event should pay Eurosport, because the circuit-sponsors are being shown.
i agree with that , but the point i was making here is without a doubt , for what ever reason Eurosport are not doing a good job with F3000 , so why not put it somewhere else as well as Eurosport and see if someone else can show it propally and do it some justice .
Old 22 Jun 2002, 20:35 (Ref:319167)   #8
Rempie
Racer

Rempie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But they have nothing to say about onboard-pics etc... (they tried to get them this year, wich resulted in no TV-feed at all ;-).

Problem is; if Eurosport doesn't broadcast F3000 nobody probably will...with reason; because it's often boring if you don't support a certain driver.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 08:22 (Ref:319423)   #9
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
thats true , but Eurosport just seem to get behind Tennis and Cycling etc . Apart from Le Mans coverage , there heart doesnt really seem to be in motorsport coverage . Even when they showed CART LIve , they would at random cancel the coverage or delay it by 2 hours without prior notice just so they can show A freindly football match with Brazil..or at one time they was showing Fencing !!!!...i agree that Eurosport must get a a very raw deal where they have to pay large sums of money for the rights to show it , but if they just let people down like they have in previous years , well that shows that they havent got that much commitment to it .
Old 23 Jun 2002, 08:42 (Ref:319434)   #10
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurosport's motorsport coverage was certainly better before than it is now. I agree that the F3000 races have often been boring in the past, but I also think they have been much more exciting this year, so far. Yesterday's race at the Nurburgring is a prime example - a very exciting race, helped by the new design in the first corner.

It's not a sport which draws large audiences though. A shame really, because it is one of the stepping stones to F1. As long as Eurosport keeps showing it, even if it is tape delayed, as long as they show it on the same day, then that's no big problem with me. I'm just happy I get to see it.