Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Jul 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3750023)   #201
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Overall enjoyable race. First hour or so it was more background and didn't quite grab me, but after second round of stops and even more so once rain showed up book got put down and it turned into the sort of race long distance sportscars should all be about.

Genuinely happy to have invested the time - and also feel that bit grateful for the international stream giving me an ad break free experience.

Last edited by isynge; 9 Jul 2017 at 20:16. Reason: grammar
Old 9 Jul 2017, 20:34 (Ref:3750027)   #202
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Overall enjoyable race. First hour or so it was more background and didn't quite grab me, but after second round of stops and even more so once rain showed up book got put down and it turned into the sort of race long distance sportscars should all be about.
If you were watching the early end to the first test match, then this is forgivable. A good start to the summer series
Old 9 Jul 2017, 21:40 (Ref:3750035)   #203
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I really can't get this. Are you only in it for the spectactle? The first part of the race was proper racing, thoroughly enjoyable.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 22:51 (Ref:3750053)   #204
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorchess View Post
I really can't get this. Are you only in it for the spectactle? The first part of the race was proper racing, thoroughly enjoyable.
You're absolutely right - sorry. The race was great, I'll shut up now.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 00:25 (Ref:3750064)   #205
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've seen a few comments from Porsche team and now a bit of a replay on the start. The pole sitting 911 Porsche was back in 3rd position behind both BMW's before they crossed the timing line to start the GT race....

What's the ruling on how the GT grid is supposed to start the race? I know there is a bit of quirkiness with racing is on once the green flag waves, but does that extend to the GT cars on the split start? Something doesn't look right there. And very unusual that a GTLM team would be caught out or run afoul of the regulation (from either end BMW RLL or Porsche).
Old 10 Jul 2017, 15:22 (Ref:3750190)   #206
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I've seen a few comments from Porsche team and now a bit of a replay on the start. The pole sitting 911 Porsche was back in 3rd position behind both BMW's before they crossed the timing line to start the GT race....

What's the ruling on how the GT grid is supposed to start the race? I know there is a bit of quirkiness with racing is on once the green flag waves, but does that extend to the GT cars on the split start? Something doesn't look right there. And very unusual that a GTLM team would be caught out or run afoul of the regulation (from either end BMW RLL or Porsche).
In the post race tech segment on rlm, I believe Jeremy Shaw said at the initial start you have to wait until the start finish line to pass, but on subsequent restarts you can go as soon as the green waves, even if you are back in the pack.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 22:16 (Ref:3750287)   #207
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
What a bad idea from PR1 to put those two inexperienced drivers on the car.
Where do you think the money came from to run the car?

-mike
Old 11 Jul 2017, 01:03 (Ref:3750308)   #208
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Where do you think the money came from to run the car?

-mike
I know that, but look the results (and the car). It doesn't look like a good business.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 02:23 (Ref:3750312)   #209
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I know that, but look the results (and the car). It doesn't look like a good business.
Hope they had Allstate accident forgiveness.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3750377)   #210
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Racing in general doesn't look like a good business. And yet...
Old 11 Jul 2017, 14:45 (Ref:3750421)   #211
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It looked pretty good up until the last 5 minutes. I was impressed by the drivers ability to get up to speed and not just be in the way.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 14:53 (Ref:3750425)   #212
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I finished watching this one last night and found it to be mostly enjoyable. Rain made a crazy track even crazier at the end!

While the GTLM battle was close, it wasn't as hotly contested towards the sharp end as I hoped it would be.

Congrats to the 31 on they're first win.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 22:57 (Ref:3750571)   #213
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It looked pretty good up until the last 5 minutes. I was impressed by the drivers ability to get up to speed and not just be in the way.
I'm not being critical about drivers about their skills, because it is very difficult to drive these P2 without any previous experience on the 2017 models. But I'm not sure about the risk the team has taken. Maybe they didn't have any option because the lack of money.

Who knows what their plans are, maybe they want to earn some money in some races with paying drivers to be able to contract Pla or another fast driver in the next event.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 02:31 (Ref:3750604)   #214
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Watching the race now...man Hindy is losing his touch.

Dude's trying too much to "be hindy" and it's affecting his ability to call the race. The amount of times Shaw has to correct him is getting ridiculous.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 02:40 (Ref:3750606)   #215
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re: Ostella and Boulle in the #52 PR1-Mathieson car .... in a 2:40 race that pair performed admirably, making decent use iof the car and making smart decisions and basically doing nothing to call attention to themselves.

Finally near the end of the race with a mix of wet and dry track, one driver made one small mistake.

It wasn’t a stupid dive bomb, or failing to watch the mirrors, or fighting the leaders as they tried to pass ... the guy just went off at one corner. maybe a puddle, maybe the tires failed ... who knows. I would have to be mightilly ungenerous not to notice the 2:37 of good driving the pair did, particularly because any one would be hard -pressed to name a single driver who hadn’t ever made an error.

There is no reason to think the pair were over their heads in a P2. if that were the case, the accident wouldn’t have happened with three minutes left, or whatever. There was no litany of complaints from other drivers, there were no close calls, .... basically these guys proved to be perfectly competent and even a little quick until the final few minutes, in a situation where everyone was scrambling, and it could have been almost anything which cause the crash--maybe he gave a little too much room to a passing car and got his tires in the wet grass, or hit a little puddle?

Maybe his brakes failed. I don’t know. I do know, I did not see and have not heard any reason to diss the efforts of those two drivers.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 12:54 (Ref:3750698)   #216
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Race thoughts:

1)I hope Ford and Corvette can be more competitive than that. Lime Rock I would think is a track that will help provide more equalization. CTMP always seems to feature a blowout in GTLM for some reason. BMW had it today.

2) I am gutted for the Porsche teams. Shocked they have not won a race with the RSR anywhere on the planet at this point. Of course because of yet another late race meltdown. These guys really need a win. I will be cheering for them at Lime Rock for sure. And at the Nurburgring for that matter. Porsches in GT3 are just getting left behind. I say a couple times when the #54 Porsche got passed by cars like the Lexus with Braun driving and it was left in the dust.

3) The Audi Stevenson team looked real good today. Flawless effort. They had the least eventful race out of anybody on the whole 35 car grid. What do you know..a dominant win came from it.

4) The Oreca 07 is a dang good car! The only machine that can challenge the Cadillacs right now. And that is with the JDC team! If Rebellion or Jota/Chan were running some of these non NAEC races they would have won a couple of the I'm sure.

5) We only have to deal with LMPC cars on the track 2 more times. Yahhy!

6) I think Jordan Taylor is to blame in the crash with the#4 Corvette. He is the faster car and has the best vision. Too aggressive dude. You made both of your employers very mad. Biggest mistake of his young career so far.

7) I get this feeling that Action Express might be looking at dismissing Jao Barbosa at the end of the year. I think he is past his due date and is someone who has not been able to adapt to the new DPIs from the Corvette DPs.

8) VisitFlorida racing. Why did you pick the Riley? Sorry this is not retail. You can't exchange for an Oreca.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 17:22 (Ref:3750741)   #217
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Dude's trying too much to "be hindy" and it's affecting his ability to call the race. The amount of times Shaw has to correct him is getting ridiculous.
I didn't listen IMSA radio for this one and only have heard Hindy for Daytona, "Green Park" and LM. He's starting to remind me of "Boomer" from ESPN - becoming a caricature of oneself is not good.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3750746)   #218
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

"Let the Murray-isms flow from you..." *evil guy Star Wars music*

Chris