Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Feb 2016, 11:38 (Ref:3613343)   #51
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I x am hearing Clipsal may still not be on due to the lack of numbers, which means i am staying home.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 10 Feb 2016, 07:32 (Ref:3613575)   #52
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder what the peak of the franchise value was compared to the value now.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 11:53 (Ref:3613625)   #53
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
I wonder what the peak of the franchise value was compared to the value now.
High end was around the $150k mark for ute and franchise. You couldn't give them away for $20k last year.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 10 Feb 2016, 20:26 (Ref:3613789)   #54
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder how all this works with V8 Supercars and the SA government. If the talk from the mountain was true on the weekend, under the terms of the agreement between the series and the government, V8SC are obliged to bring a certain number of support categories (8?) to the meeting...? This was the reason apparently for the Supercar bailout of the Utes for the one meeting.

If rumours are led to be believed of course.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 20:43 (Ref:3613796)   #55
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Wonder how all this works with V8 Supercars and the SA government. If the talk from the mountain was true on the weekend, under the terms of the agreement between the series and the government, V8SC are obliged to bring a certain number of support categories (8?) to the meeting...? This was the reason apparently for the Supercar bailout of the Utes for the one meeting.

If rumours are led to be believed of course.
That doesnt seem right. In recent year we have had the dunlop series missing because the SA government had chosen other catagories over it

If i remember correctly dunlop series were dumped for this year and were a late inclusion
Old 10 Feb 2016, 23:00 (Ref:3613830)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
High end was around the $150k mark for ute and franchise. You couldn't give them away for $20k last year.
There are still front running vehicles around for sub-$40k...

They will likely be worth even less if/when the category management agreement gets torched..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Feb 2016, 07:22 (Ref:3613896)   #57
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How will they pay for their TV coverage?

Or will the promise to show all support races on Foxtel vanish quicker than the competitors in the series?
Old 11 Feb 2016, 20:57 (Ref:3614051)   #58
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
That doesnt seem right. In recent year we have had the dunlop series missing because the SA government had chosen other catagories over it

If i remember correctly dunlop series were dumped for this year and were a late inclusion
Just repeating what was said to me, but werent the Dunlop Series replaced by some half baked rich boy Ferrari series and then that decision was reversed one year?
Old 11 Feb 2016, 21:15 (Ref:3614056)   #59
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Just repeating what was said to me, but werent the Dunlop Series replaced by some half baked rich boy Ferrari series and then that decision was reversed one year?
they were, but not that was SA govt decision, my understanding is because the govt are the promoters they decide who is in the field - full choice

and that would be the ferrri asia pacific challenge - half baked rich boy series, sort of like a GT3 round or carerra cup really
Old 12 Feb 2016, 02:48 (Ref:3614108)   #60
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No wonder V8SA cut admission prices for Symmons by more than 50%.The 2 national support categories there are Utes and F4.If Utes can only get 15 entries for Adelaide it will be single figures in Tasmania and the word is F4 grids will be in the range of 4-8 cars.
As for TV coverage Fox have pointed out to V8SA after the Phillip Island TCM fiasco that they pay V8SA $30mill a year which includes support race coverage.The head of V8SA TV that tried to extort extra payment from competitors has been sacked.
I have attended rounds of the Asian Ferrari Challenge and it is closer to a drive day than a race series.Anyone who thinks it is equivalent to Carrera Cup or GT3 Challenge has not seen it.
Old 12 Feb 2016, 06:04 (Ref:3614121)   #61
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

It also helps that a Ute driver is the Marketing/Sponsorship manager for the Clipsal event

Old 28 Feb 2016, 18:30 (Ref:3618448)   #62
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
17 Utes entered for Clipsal
Many of the stalwarts are returning with V8 Supercars saying an 8 round calendar for 2016.
Old 29 Feb 2016, 06:07 (Ref:3618565)   #63
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So where are the other 15 utes?
Old 29 Feb 2016, 06:34 (Ref:3618569)   #64
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Sitting in warehouses, sheds, garages.....backyards!!?? Waiting for someone to front up with a large amount of the folding stuff to pay the running costs.
If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 29 Feb 2016, 21:57 (Ref:3618861)   #65
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post

http://www.my105.com/
From about page 8 onwards. $39,000 seems the ballpark figure for ute/franchise.
Old 9 Mar 2016, 15:33 (Ref:3621574)   #66
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What happened to this series? The economy in general or some other reason? It seemed to be really bangin for a few years with full fields and seemingly plenty of sponsors. I always loved watching it.

I was looking at some of the ads on MY105 and the costs on the cars and franchise is reasonable for someone looking to get in and race on the Supercars race weekends.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 07:01 (Ref:3621772)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
V8SC Secures Category Management Agreement For Utes

Whew!

Assuring a future for the category, competitors & car owners that might not have otherwise existed!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Mar 2016, 09:30 (Ref:3621803)   #68
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I really hope they can find a way to get the 3,4,9 &10 best selling cars in Australia (for feb anyway) to compete in some exciting way like the utes used to do
Old 10 Mar 2016, 10:37 (Ref:3621812)   #69
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
What happened to this series? The economy in general or some other reason? It seemed to be really bangin for a few years with full fields and seemingly plenty of sponsors. I always loved watching it.

I was looking at some of the ads on MY105 and the costs on the cars and franchise is reasonable for someone looking to get in and race on the Supercars race weekends.
I think they're now back at a point where they're starting to represent good value for money.