Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Mar 2016, 10:08 (Ref:3622097)   #26
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last year Foxtel didn't show Carrera Cup or Group A/C.I presume this year the same will apply.If 10 mirror last year's coverage they will show 3 Carrera Cup races and the Saturday GT race.
Fox having to have the same ad breaks as 10 during this meeting has nothing to do with the anti siphoning list.Phillip Island Moto GP which is also on the list is shown ad free on Foxtel.It was part of the agreement struck between 10 and Foxtel when the share deals for V8's and F1 were signed.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 00:55 (Ref:3622274)   #27
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
No reason they can't use the paddock area like the other support categories.

Time to write a nicely worded letter to my local MP.

I support the GP but spending taxpayer money on a temporary pit facility for a support to the main event it just unnecessary and a waste.
Don't forget to add flowers and a love heart after you sign it.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 05:59 (Ref:3622289)   #28
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's our premier Motorsport in the country which is on display to the rest of the world when the pinnacle of Motorsport visits, that justifies them being given facilities which are better than generic supports imo. We need to be representing our top series in the best way possible.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 11:54 (Ref:3622321)   #29
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
It's our premier Motorsport in the country which is on display to the rest of the world when the pinnacle of Motorsport visits, that justifies them being given facilities which are better than generic supports imo. We need to be representing our top series in the best way possible.
I thought CAMS F4 was our top series !!
Old 13 Mar 2016, 00:49 (Ref:3622409)   #30
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
At what cost?

I think V8SC are most than looked after in many other ways at the AGP. Not sure why we need to pump there tyres because it's the Grand Prix.

Are they that precious?
Old 13 Mar 2016, 00:58 (Ref:3622411)   #31
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I personally never have an issue with Government money spent on things that I am interested in.

For one, it creates economic stimulus and employment.

Secondly, Government money is spent on all kinds of bullshit that doesn't interest me, so at least my tax dollar is going to something I care about.

Although at least with events like Townsville and Perth there are permanent benefits to all after V8Supercars got the deals done.

Temporary facilities can't boast that, but we have temporary events all the time, Moomba is coming up, and others run all year so its a fact of life.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 02:36 (Ref:3622420)   #32
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I personally never have an issue with Government money spent on things that I am interested in.

The argument here is that the above isn't reliant on v8sc having their own pit lane.

Cost vs Benefit?
Old 13 Mar 2016, 02:39 (Ref:3622421)   #33
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Begging the question?
Old 13 Mar 2016, 02:55 (Ref:3622424)   #34
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Secondly, Government money is spent on all kinds of bullshit that doesn't interest me, so at least my tax dollar is going to something I care about.

Although at least with events like Townsville and Perth there are permanent benefits to all after V8Supercars got the deals done.

Temporary facilities can't boast that, but we have temporary events all the time, Moomba is coming up, and others run all year so its a fact of life.
No argument from me. My concern is spending on a temporary pit facility for V8 Supercars which is not required.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 03:02 (Ref:3622426)   #35
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
No argument from me. My concern is spending on a temporary pit facility for V8 Supercars which is not required.
You simply do not know that this is the case.

Even just OH&S requirements could be at play here, there are a lot of rules adn regulations all parties have to comply with - can we not let a ideological agenda lead our thinking?
Old 13 Mar 2016, 04:45 (Ref:3622439)   #36
D.R.T.
Veteran

How can it be OH&S when there are other support categories operating out of marquees? Working conditions would be similar - no?

Let's not personal bias lead our thinking here Mixer
Old 13 Mar 2016, 04:47 (Ref:3622440)   #37
Mixer
Veteran

I have no bias. You are making the claims about this not being cost effective or required, I am just asking for proof.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 04:53 (Ref:3622441)   #38
D.R.T.
Veteran

My proof is the other 150 support category entrants operating out of the support paddock. I am asking about the cost of the new pit lane vs the benefit - not claiming it
Old 13 Mar 2016, 04:55 (Ref:3622442)   #39
Mixer
Veteran

Club racers don't really compare to v8s for oh&s rules for a start and this is called "begging the question". You have no information to offer but ask questions to seed doubt to support your agenda.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 05:07 (Ref:3622443)   #40
D.R.T.
Veteran

Are Australian GT and Carrera Cup now considered club racers?

I think you might need to try again
Old 13 Mar 2016, 05:13 (Ref:3622444)   #41
Mixer
Veteran

Nice red herring, by comparison yes they are not really professional classes run for profit. V8sa would spend a lot more attending to oh&s as they have a lot more people employed and a lot more to lose. Now to your evidence?
Old 13 Mar 2016, 05:23 (Ref:3622445)   #42
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My concern is spending on a temporary pit facility for V8 Supercars which is not required.
I had a ride around Albert Park yesterday before they close off the streets tomorrow. The V8 pits are just a bunch of marquee/tents with some hospitality stuff on top. Hardly earth shattering expenditure right there.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 06:00 (Ref:3622448)   #43
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Nice red herring, by comparison yes they are not really professional classes run for profit. V8sa would spend a lot more attending to oh&s as they have a lot more people employed and a lot more to lose. Now to your evidence?
Where does running at profit effect OH&S requirements. Work safety is work safety Mixer, regardless if it's 10 staff or 50 - a little more research may assist you here.

Using your example - are Tekno or Walkinshaw Racing pro's when they race in V8SA but when they run their GT car (at the same event) become club racers where OH&S is less relevant?
Old 13 Mar 2016, 06:16 (Ref:3622449)   #44
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Where does running at profit effect OH&S requirements. Work safety is work safety Mixer, regardless if it's 10 staff or 50 - a little more research may assist you here.
V8Supercars has a single, for-profit entity at the top of it - none of the others do.

You might want to "do some research" yourself but this is a MUCH bigger deal for OH&S than AGT or Carerra Cup where you have lots of micro-businesses loosely arranged under a category umbrella, not a single business with a whole bunch of shareholders employing 500+ people.

I pay my WorkCover for my employees - do you?
Old 13 Mar 2016, 06:50 (Ref:3622451)   #45
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
I had a ride around Albert Park yesterday before they close off the streets tomorrow. The V8 pits are just a bunch of marquee/tents with some hospitality stuff on top. Hardly earth shattering expenditure right there.
A bit hard to sell corporate suites overlooking the back paddock.

I don't really have an issue with the pit structure. Besides, I don't think the F1 teams would want to share their pit apron.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 06:56 (Ref:3622452)   #46
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
V8Supercars has a single, for-profit entity at the top of it - none of the others do.

I pay my WorkCover for my employees - do you?
I am not sure relevance of paying workcover to employees to be able to understand or comment on it?

Regardless OH&S standards/requirements are not determined by your profitability - this isn't differentiator here that you are hoping for Mixer. Next
Old 13 Mar 2016, 07:00 (Ref:3622453)   #47
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
Sounds like a bunch of people pushing a barrow here over 2/5th of **** all anyway.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 09:03 (Ref:3622458)   #48
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
So how much more do those complaining feel is being spent on V8's to have their own pit lane?

The tents would have been used anyway, so no additional cost there.

The concrete blocks dividing the pit lane from the track would have been there anyway so no additional cost there - although there may be a few extra blocks than previously.

Those of you who remember the old location will know that there was a large amount of temporary roadway put in - that stuff ain't cheap and that cost no longer needs to be spent.

Power - same, water - same.

Hospitality on top of the V8 pit lane - increased revenue to AGPC.

So, I'm at a bit of a loss to understand what the "additional costs" are - and therefore what all the fuss is about?
Old 13 Mar 2016, 10:06 (Ref:3622464)   #49
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Just the usual senior citizens having their daily whinge.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 11:38 (Ref:3622471)   #50
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
So how much more do those complaining feel is being spent on V8's to have their own pit lane?

The tents would have been used anyway, so no additional cost there.

The concrete blocks dividing the pit lane from the track would have been there anyway so no additional cost there - although there may be a few extra blocks than previously.

Those of you who remember the old location will know that there was a large amount of temporary roadway put in - that stuff ain't cheap and that cost no longer needs to be spent.

Power - same, water - same.

Hospitality on top of the V8 pit lane - increased revenue to AGPC.

So, I'm at a bit of a loss to understand what the "additional costs" are - and therefore what all the fuss is about?
The structure is described as semi permanent so that would suggest they are more than standard tents? Also suggests there would be annual construction costs to put up and take down.

The question remains unanswered- where is the need or the purpose for such a structure?