Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 May 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1306582)   #26
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this will ruin his career anyways.

Probably kicked from the RDD-programme and from the DAMS-team.
Old 22 May 2005, 10:41 (Ref:1306673)   #27
formule3000
Rookie

France
France
formule3000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No TV feed but Montanari won.

Full results : http://www.formule2.com/forums/viewt...hp?p=2264#2264
Old 22 May 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1306690)   #28
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
people who ignore yellow flags at this level of motorsport can have no complaints at anything they receive. in this case its even more horrific because as recently as the last race there was a crash that could have killed a couple of marshals because some drivers clearly ignored yellow flags. this time they are still being ingored and a marshal has payed for it. i say chuck the guy out and ban him from all motorsports. there are plenty of drivers who will take him place.

motorsport, especially junior catagories where every driver is your sworn enemy because you want to get to f1 before they do, is always gonna be very competative and people will always try everything to beat their rivals but taking advantage of yellow flags is too far. once you have crossed that line i have no sympathy at all....aslong as you actually saw the flags.
Old 22 May 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1307029)   #29
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whats needed is tougher penalties for ignoring yellows, full stop.

Rather than imposing the penalty because he hit someone.
Old 22 May 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1307277)   #30
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's never acceptable to ignore a yellow and i imagine that the yellow flags in this incident were being waved frantically. Apart from his injury, the marshall is clearly not going to be able to work for some time. I suggest he contacts his local no win no fee solicitor, if they have such a thing in Monaco as there is certainly blame in this incident. Some drivers ought to remember that these marshalls are volunteers,although i don't know if they are paid for the GP and the bottom line is.NO MARSHALLS NO MOTORSPORT. I understand his teammate broke his leg in a similar incident. So Dams have no drivers now. Do they get to keep the money : Its not thier fault that their season has been ruined by these fools.
Old 23 May 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1308161)   #31
GM Man
Racer

GM Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways
So Dams have no drivers now. Do they get to keep the money : Its not thier fault that their season has been ruined by these fools.
Thats a bold statement.

Anyway, Maldonado does not have the contract with the team. RDD has. Just like in the other series where they compete. This means another RDD driver should appear for Valencia. It is also reported that Danielson will be in his car.
Old 23 May 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1308311)   #32
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Renault should change the name of the series:

Worls Suspended Drivers Championship or something similar

Maybe it is time I take my licence back after I chucked it down in front of Racecontrol after the Zolder crash. Wonder if they are going to do it at every track?

Odd that the one who started everything at Zolder is involved again, in dangerous driving this time.
Seems he has no luck the poor fellow But then again, didn't I know nothing?
(Sorry couldn't help it)

I was away for the WE, so don't know what happened exactly, I only understand that another possible drama has narrowly been avoided. Sorry to hear about the injured marshal, good to hear that those "I'm-the-next-worldchampion-primadonnas" are treated in a proper-ish way.
Old 24 May 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1308720)   #33
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Man
Thats a bold statement.

Anyway, Maldonado does not have the contract with the team. RDD has. Just like in the other series where they compete. This means another RDD driver should appear for Valencia. It is also reported that Danielson will be in his car.
López and Kovalainen can't be eligible for the WS seat because they are in GP2 Series and were test developers of the current WS car; then the election, if falls over one of the RDD drivers, should be Lucas Di Grassi or Loïc Duval.
Old 26 May 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1310706)   #34
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Sounds like there's been a lot of desperate driving going on.

I saw the Zolder action (briefly) on Eurosport's Renault 15 min highlights.

Unable to see Monaco's programme because Europsport messed about with the damn schedule AGAIN!

They used to do this years ago and then got quite consistent with scheduling and now RWS AND GP2 (not to mention Silverstone GT's) are being moved short notice which crosses me a bit as look like a good series (without the crazy man antics)!

Anyway, the Maldonado incident sounds pretty serious and maybe we're getting back to the old argument about inexperienced drivers in equipment that is too powerful for them? I remember this allegedly being levelled at the likes of Foitek years ago as his driving was more akin to Formula Ford than F3000!
Old 26 May 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1310743)   #35
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Sounds like there's been a lot of desperate driving going on.

I saw the Zolder action (briefly) on Eurosport's Renault 15 min highlights.

Unable to see Monaco's programme because Europsport messed about with the damn schedule AGAIN!
Eurosport had 15 min highlights of Monaco after the CCWS race in the end. Motors TV are showing repeats of the race, and Sky's World Motorsport should show the Monaco race soon too, if you have either of those channels. I don't think they showed the Maldonado incident on Eurosport or Motors, though I doubted they would anyway seeing as how serious it was. What annoys me about Motors TV is everything they show seems to be seriously degraded in quality - colours are always washed out in a kind of grey haze, or it has a compressed digitally look to it. I'm grateful to them for all the things they show, but I just wish they had better a better technical setup.
Old 26 May 2005, 15:21 (Ref:1310760)   #36
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I remember this allegedly being levelled at the likes of Foitek years ago as his driving was more akin to Formula Ford than F3000!
Foitek was at least quick, he was an F3000 racewinner. But by God was he DANGEROUS. Should have been picked up for turfing Herbert out of Jerez in 1987 - the failure to do so was a direct cause of him killing JH's world championship chances (I think he was that good) at Brands.
Old 26 May 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1310917)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
JDO - Haven't got Motors TV - could subscribe but the added cost to my TV package isn't worth it..besides they max out on BTCC and i've gone right off that! I'll try keep up with what's shown on World Msport shows.

But cheers for info about RWS showing after the Champ cars - bit too late for me to stay up for though. Just hope that Eurosport (my fav channel) manages to at least inform us of scheduling changes in future!

Like the Gonzo '98 Spa shot by the way!

Ensign...i'd probably agreee with you about Herbert - i'm convinced that the injuries caused by the Brands shunt (i was right alongside the shunt when it started, trackside) prevented Impey going on to win the F1 title.

As for Foitek, i think he was just fearless and well backed rather than talented. Where some more talented drivers would back off if a move simply wasn't on, he often took someone else out of a race as well!

RWS has soe decent drivers in it too judging by entry list, i think a couple of them have yet to show their true potential though as they're getting used to the set ups or something?
Old 26 May 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1310935)   #38
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Also to respopnd to Mekola's point about replacement RDD drivers, Di Grassia and Duval must be favourites.

Shame Carbone isn't still part of the programme as i still think he's got something... remember him against Courtney and Kerr in '02 looked pretty good against 2 of the best underemplyed talents of today!

That's it, i've crakced it!! Give the seat to ROBBIE KERR for god's sake!!
Old 26 May 2005, 20:47 (Ref:1311075)   #39
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like there are a number of vacant seats due to the Mansell red mist which decended over some of the drivers over the Monaco weekend. One thing you can be completely sure about is that any replacements will be chosen by the size of their wallets.
Old 26 May 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1311153)   #40
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just hope that Eurosport (my fav channel) manages to at least inform us of scheduling changes in future!
Agreed, they seemed to mess everything up (GP2, Champ Car, WSbyR) last weekend.

Quote:
Like the Gonzo '98 Spa shot by the way!
When I think of Gonzo that's always the race I like to remember him by... I was so happy to see him win that day, the way he was practically climbing out of his car on the victory lap
Old 26 May 2005, 23:40 (Ref:1311176)   #41
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways
Looks like there are a number of vacant seats due to the Mansell red mist which decended over some of the drivers over the Monaco weekend. One thing you can be completely sure about is that any replacements will be chosen by the size of their wallets.
So, you named Mansell... Is there any chance for Scott Mansell to do a replacement drive in WS for a couple of races (Scott is racing in the F.3000 Pro Series now)???
Old 4 Jun 2005, 13:18 (Ref:1319914)   #42
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
I just noticed that Pastor Maldonado, while banned from the Renault World Series, is racing for Sighinolfi in F3000 Italia this weekend - http://www.italiaracing.net/web3000/
Old 4 Jun 2005, 13:24 (Ref:1319918)   #43
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Oh, and Maldonado's replacement at DAMS is Raffaele Giammaria.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1321251)   #44
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
I just noticed that Pastor Maldonado, while banned from the Renault World Series, is racing for Sighinolfi in F3000 Italia this weekend - http://www.italiaracing.net/web3000/
Looks like he qualified third but had a problem in the race. It strikes me as an odd message for RDD to send - you hit a marshall and ignored yellow flags so the WS has banned you, but we'll buy you a seat in another series while you serve your 'ban'.
Old 10 Jun 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1324861)   #45
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

They must think he's damn good to do that for him then!