Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Apr 2008, 23:21 (Ref:2183494)   #1
NendoShisu
Racer

England
LUTON
NendoShisu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pinkney Donington Comeback

Dave Pinkney is expected to make a return to the BTCC at Donnington.

Possibly Driving his 2006 MotorBase Performance Honda Integra Type-R with MB possibly running this as a third car. With which he finished 13th Overal that year.

Maybe the British GT is not for him....

Source - Page 6 Motorsport News April 16th 2008,
Old 22 Apr 2008, 05:34 (Ref:2183622)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NendoShisu
Dave Pinkney is expected to make a return to the BTCC at Donnington.
He'll be a bit off course if he turns up at Donnington! Surely Donington Park would be a better place to go.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 06:17 (Ref:2183637)   #3
CDK 7
Racer

United Kingdom
kings lynn
CDK 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=NendoShisu]Dave Pinkney is expected to make a return to the BTCC at Donnington.

Possibly Driving his 2006 MotorBase Performance Honda Integra Type-R with MB possibly running this as a third car.

good for him always puts a good show
Old 22 Apr 2008, 08:36 (Ref:2183715)   #4
marshal_man
Racer

United Kingdom
Taunton, Somerset
marshal_man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that he will be there running a third car but he wont be driving it. Hopefully BTC racing do well now aswell as they have last years Motorbase Seat's.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 11:28 (Ref:2183833)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are team 48 going to turn up? I hope so, it's looking like the strongest field of the year so far.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 12:21 (Ref:2183890)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm
Are team 48 going to turn up?
Not unless they have suddenly found the money to pay A-Tech for the cars.

The question shouldn't be will we see Team48 at Donington, it should be will we see Team48 ever.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 13:02 (Ref:2183950)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
The question shouldn't be will we see Team48 at Donington, it should be will we see Team48 ever.
I hope so, it promises to be the funniest thing ever.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 15:29 (Ref:2184134)   #8
marshal_man
Racer

United Kingdom
Taunton, Somerset
marshal_man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was talking to Darelle Wilson in the Dunlop cafe at Rockingham and he was very hopeful of being out at Donny.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2184183)   #9
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Hughes now owned Pinkneys integra though?
And any sign of Xero?
Old 22 Apr 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2184194)   #10
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250
He planned on buying it, if he had bought it the MG wouldn't be on track :P

Quote:
And any sign of Xero?
No idea. Also, is there any sign from AFM? Will Rick Kerry and Nick Leason finally get those 120ds back on track?
Old 22 Apr 2008, 16:49 (Ref:2184205)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250
He put down a deposit last year but never paid the balance.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 16:55 (Ref:2184209)   #12
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So he's lost the deposit then hence Pinkney is using this to fund his fun day out at Donnington and to rub salt in he's going to use the car Hughes wanted!.

I hear its common for drivers to hold onto ex touring cars gathering dust so lets hope its reliable.

As for Team 48, joker in the pack. If they haven't bought the cars by now this will never happen and If I had the money would buy them just to paint them back to red... lime green ..what are they on.

Any news on Fiona Leggettes MG...gathering dust? and does'nt WSR still own one from 2006 which was never sold?
Old 22 Apr 2008, 17:09 (Ref:2184221)   #13
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Not unless they have suddenly found the money to pay A-Tech for the cars.

Who owned the Alfa's that were in green at the Rock media day? A-Tech's but on loan to Team 48?
Old 22 Apr 2008, 17:36 (Ref:2184241)   #14
redshoes
Veteran

The (single) green Team48 Alfa at Media Day was only a show car. It was a spare shell patched together with whatever running gear could be found. Just enough so it could be pushed around the paddock and used for photo shoots.

Who actually owns it I don't know, but then as it's never going to be raced it's not that important.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 18:13 (Ref:2184270)   #15
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope Team48 get the cars out, if only cos the Alfa's are amazing looking cars and the more manufacturers, the better.

AFM said they were wiming fo rhte second half of the season iirc, so doningtons a bit early.

Hope Pinkney is at donongton, he's a good driver, could get some points, and is a nice guy, and always entertaining. Plus, he has by far the best colour scheme!
Old 23 Apr 2008, 07:24 (Ref:2184615)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw Dave Pinkney at Silverstone on Sunday and he was wearing a Motorbase jacket.

I am sure read in MN the other week that Jason Hughes had picked up the Integra and was looking to have it out at Thruxton. So I am not sure what is going on now. But I can see Jason finishing the year in the MG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby
and does'nt WSR still own one from 2006 which was never sold?
From what I understand that is the car that Paul Lutti was looking to run this year, but that deal feel through. As far as I know the car is still at WSR.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 07:40 (Ref:2184625)   #17
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I am sure read in MN the other week that Jason Hughes had picked up the Integra and was looking to have it out at Thruxton.
Hughes has been saying something similar all year.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2184685)   #18
NendoShisu
Racer

England
LUTON
NendoShisu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can the Black n' Pink Integra make it out for another run? I loved that paint job especially when the Rims where Pink at Silverstone too.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2186007)   #19
Icebaby
Veteran

Any updates on Pinkney or Team ..48 as If there going to race I would have thought they would be at Donninton by now?

Have £10 "48"'s are no shows
Old 24 Apr 2008, 22:55 (Ref:2186118)   #20
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he was there now he'd be there for the "Vintage & Historic Motorcycle Championships" I reckon you're thinking a week to early.......
Old 25 Apr 2008, 05:38 (Ref:2186199)   #21
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Is this confirmed anywhere?
Old 25 Apr 2008, 13:09 (Ref:2186535)   #22
Icebaby
Veteran

sorry guys im a week early as stated.
Old 1 May 2008, 07:22 (Ref:2191603)   #23
Jimbob-18
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Jimbob-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb
i hope Team48 get the cars out, if only cos the Alfa's are amazing looking cars and the more manufacturers, the better.

AFM said they were wiming fo rhte second half of the season iirc, so doningtons a bit early.

Hope Pinkney is at donongton, he's a good driver, could get some points, and is a nice guy, and always entertaining. Plus, he has by far the best colour scheme!
How come you spell it right the first time then get in completely wrong the 2nd time?

Anyway, really looking forward to it, i'll be there. Hopefully it's a strong grid and i'm looking forward to a great day of racing.
Old 1 May 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2191755)   #24
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think you will get anyone to bet against you!
Old 1 May 2008, 13:26 (Ref:2191874)   #25
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob-18
How come you spell it right the first time then get in completely wrong the 2nd time?
Because I can't type, Jimbob, because I can't type.