Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 11 Apr 2013, 22:52 (Ref:3232731)   #1
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR Sprint Cup Round 7: Texas

Saturday night race at TMS and it should be stupid fast. Here is all the information you need for the NRA 500 (However, firearms are not allowed in TMS):

http://www.jayski.com/news/races/201...SCAR-Race-Info
Old 11 Apr 2013, 23:50 (Ref:3232741)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well lets hope a Hendricks car dont win - be good to see a lesser team notch up a win, Gannassi perhaps? McMurray has been good & is due...
Old 12 Apr 2013, 00:09 (Ref:3232746)   #3
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kurt Busch and FRM were fast today.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 02:10 (Ref:3232766)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Everything is dumber is Texas...
Old 12 Apr 2013, 02:18 (Ref:3232767)   #5
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Everything is dumber is Texas...
Even the Auto Racing Promoters. See COTA and TMS.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 03:12 (Ref:3233246)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kyle grabs the pole from Kurt - RPM Fords on row 2...

Princess to start P42...
Old 13 Apr 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3233447)   #7
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Princess to start P42...
I thought you said Kyle was on pole?

NRA 500? Far out!
Old 13 Apr 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3233500)   #8
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Conneticut Senator Christopher Murphy wanted to ban the showing of the race and actually wrote a nice cute little letter to Mr Murdoch about it.

Murdoch probably cast it aside to his junk folder but now Senator Murphy is getting lambasted by Facebook and Email posts from NASCAR fans and Texans in general. More people are going to watch this race because of this whole Gossage NRA Murphy debacle now.

I guess Senator Murphy and all the good folks in Washington are going to boycott the Coca Cola 600 for promoting childhood obesity.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 22:12 (Ref:3233646)   #9
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I guess Senator Murphy and all the good folks in Washington are going to boycott the Coca Cola 600 for promoting childhood obesity.
I'd sooner do that actually because Coke is manky.

All that said boycottin' stuff just ain't my style.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 04:01 (Ref:3233723)   #10
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
TMS: Terrible Motor Speedway

Looking at the empty seats tonight makes me once again think that SMI is in huge trouble. Except for Las Vegas, New Hampshire and the Bristol Night race attendance at their races has crashed with no signs of improving and due to their high . ISC was able to fill Phoenix for what was a near-sellout, almost fill Martinsville for one of the best crowds there in years, get the best crowd since 2004/2005 at Auto Club, and despite slightly lower Daytona 500 attendance was able to make that up in increased corporate sponsorship. ISC has the advantage of more races, more exciting tracks, and smaller capacities.

SMI meanwhile is stuck with these massive superspeedways that simply have outdone their time. The Backstretch tonight was at most 20% full, and what's even more telling is that the ''Speedway Club'' seats in Turn 1 were almost totally 100% bare. 180,000 people aren't going to show up to watch boring racing like tonight at tracks like Texas, Charlotte, and Atlanta like they once had.

Bring on Kansas I say, and after that my favourite track in NASCAR Richmond.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 04:25 (Ref:3233726)   #11
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Well Toyota's dominated that race with Kyle Busch & Martin Truex Jnr finishing 1-2... Not a bad race behind the top 2, plenty of cautions - frustrated for my man Ambrose who had a top 10 run before his incident with Gilliland, dunno what he broke to lose 2 laps by brushing the wall

Good drive by Almirola

Top 20 Points...

Jimmie Johnson - 269
Brad Keselowski - 260
Kyle Busch - 251
Greg Biffle - 239
Dale Earnhardt Jnr - 234
Carl Edwards - 234
Kasey Kahne - 232
Clint Bowyer - 208
Joey Logano - 207
Paul Menard - 206
Matt Kenseth - 204
Kevin Harick - 192

Jamie McMurray - 190
Aric Almirola - 186
Jeff Gordon - 171
Marcos Ambrose - 169
Ryan Newman - 169
Martin Truex Jnr - 169
Mark Martin - 166
Ricky Stenhouse Jnr - 162
Old 14 Apr 2013, 06:18 (Ref:3233739)   #12
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am no fan of Edwards and Roush, but I have to give them credit for a well earned third place finish after overcoming quite a few hurdles along the way.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 06:32 (Ref:3233749)   #13
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
What about Joey Logano's drive in Texas
Old 14 Apr 2013, 13:11 (Ref:3233964)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Racing wasn't that great, some silly debris cautions as standard and Capt Snothead sweeps the weekend. Now why is it again the stands aren't that full and I am losing interest?

Best thing I saw was that the track and/or the car was making drivers actually drive. Lots of sideways cars and sawing at the wheel, but that didn't result in a whole lot of close racing.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3234201)   #15
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Now why is it again the stands aren't that full...?
Two words: Five Time

Fans got replaced by bare aluminum bleachers about halfway through Johnson's third consecutive Championship, and until he is out of the Championship picture, that is likely to remain the case. I can't quite put my finger on why, but fans don't like what seems to be favoritism towards the 48 team by the officials. Convenient yellows, minimal penalties for repeated rules infractions and the like have resulted in fans leaving the once thriving sport.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3234204)   #16
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Stands were full at Las Vegas, Martinsville, Auto Club (shockingly), Phoenix and for the most part Daytona.

Perhaps it's the experience certain tracks offer...
Old 14 Apr 2013, 21:35 (Ref:3234229)   #17
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
^ For the most part (other than M'ville), tracks that the 48 isn't known to dominate.

New Phoenix has become my destination goal for my next live Cup experience, even though Vegas is my favorite vacation destination.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 02:59 (Ref:3234341)   #18
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Racing wasn't that great, some silly debris cautions as standard and Capt Snothead sweeps the weekend. Now why is it again the stands aren't that full and I am losing interest?

Best thing I saw was that the track and/or the car was making drivers actually drive. Lots of sideways cars and sawing at the wheel, but that didn't result in a whole lot of close racing.
I thought it was an okay race but maybe the least interesting this season. While the stands were not full, I think there were more people there than over the past three years. I took it as a sign of an improving economy... maybe that's wishful thinking though.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 04:27 (Ref:3234354)   #19
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
What about live tv coverage - easy to watch from the couch than the stand, people are lazy these days, or dont have the cha-ching to spend...
Old 15 Apr 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3234668)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
What about live tv coverage - easy to watch from the couch than the stand, people are lazy these days, or dont have the cha-ching to spend...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I thought it was an okay race but maybe the least interesting this season. While the stands were not full, I think there were more people there than over the past three years. I took it as a sign of an improving economy... maybe that's wishful thinking though.
Both reasons make sense to me.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3235467)   #21
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Or a webstream, including MRN radio.