Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 24 Sep 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1717830)   #1
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
NEWS related Threads

Hiya folks... Am on holiday and dialup so internet time is at a premium.

With what happened to Mr Hammond last week and me scanning the news channels on TV every so often but not getting much of an update I come online in the evenings and go straight to the Hammonds thread in PF.

Thing is as a thread normally changes topic slightly you don’t always get all the news as it happens by reading the thread... Maybe a few links are given through the "chat" which is helpful.

Now I know this sounds like more work for the mods but if viable it would be nice for such a thread, which is news related, to have a post at the beginning which the mods could update when they get the time with the latest happenings? or even just news links as they unfold. This would also create a nice history trail as events unfold.

I know one could "google news" these things etc but for us lazy people and for those people who really know how to dig out a story from all the obscure sources this might be a nice added feature to 10ths?

Any comments?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 07:37 (Ref:1720008)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Certainly, I'll put in for my salary increase and start immediately after the first payment.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 08:16 (Ref:1720039)   #3
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
It's something I'll try to do in threads that appear appropriate.
It's a good idea - and if it makes thing easier to read then great. I'd be wary of making official "NEWS" threads as it does create an obligation and extra work for us, but where the news changes in mid-thread I'll happily put an edit on the first thread on the post.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1727497)   #4
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Certainly, I'll put in for my salary increase and start immediately after the first payment.
I don't think anyone would object to you getting say a 50% increase on what Ten Tenths currently pays you - good value.

Regards

Jim