Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 24 Jul 2009, 06:14 (Ref:2506986)   #26
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lol nevermind my post, got my times wrong haha.

Hopefully Ricciardo grabs the qualy 2 pole and start winning again, hes had rotten luck lately...
Old 24 Jul 2009, 07:38 (Ref:2507006)   #27
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Adriano Buzaid just took pole for race 2 by six-tenths of a second from Bottas, Bianchi, Ricciardo, Boyd and van der Zande. Yesterday's hero Hywel Lloyd was 19th this time.

It was wet again, similar times to free practice yesterday.

T-Sport rather saved the day for the BF3 runners. After Donington last week you have to think they have a very good car in the wet.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 08:24 (Ref:2507018)   #28
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buzaid is improving a lot over the past few race meetings

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 24 Jul 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2507027)   #29
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Times from Qualifying 2.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2507113)   #30
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Q2 again on a wet track. Tough couple of days for Kevin Chen; not sure Philip Major's excuse.

Quote:
Russian driver Max Snegirev was unable to take part after damage to his car from his first-session accident could not be repaired in time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
Weather/Track: Sun/Dry
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2507114)   #31
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Race 1 will be starting in about 5 minutes for anyone who wants to watch Live Timing.

Now it's sunny and the track is dry, which is probably a good thing as those were pretty much the conditions in which they qualified.

Sorry, L2LO, didn't realise you had just posted the timing link.

PS Safety Car out for Hywel Lloyd and F1 aspirant, Max Chilton, at a guess.

Last edited by strider; 24 Jul 2009 at 12:11. Reason: Update
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:11 (Ref:2507115)   #32
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No problem. I see what you mean about one of the guest drivers getting in the way of the regulars, what with Bianchi in 3rd and Bottas in 5th.

Edit: full course yellow, more coffee.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:20 (Ref:2507118)   #33
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
timing screen says this in the information bit:
Quote:
13, 27, 51 out on lap 1 - 51 and 13 contact at la source
christodoulou, grubmuller and nakajima...
sounds like lloyd and chilton got caught up perhaps?

incidentally, theyve got correa and jay bridger as running themselves - i guess that's because litespeed don't have an entrants licence thing yet?

edit again: and dias has done very well out of all the shenanigans!
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2507122)   #34
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is the 1st time i have watched live-timing for British F3 - go Daniel
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2507123)   #35
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Bianchi much quicker this lap (7/10ths)...uh oh.

Edit: you must've jinxed it for Dias there Bella.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2507124)   #36
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope he dont take Daniel out
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2507131)   #37
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Daniel wins - woohoo
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2507134)   #38
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Good drive by Ricciardo, soaking up pressure from Bianchi.

Huertas 5th on the road but penalised 1 minute (ouch!) for being out of position at the start.

That Live timing is very, very good indeed.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2507136)   #39
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Lloyd was quickest in the first and third sectors (the quick ones), but Bianchi was fastest through the long second sector and took fastest lap.

I'd say van der Zande's car was not to his liking.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 13:14 (Ref:2507150)   #40
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Hmm...

Still, points for 2nd I take it (and Rosenzweig in there at the end for 3rd).
Old 24 Jul 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2507152)   #41
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Race 1 results.

Yes, VDZ gets points for 2nd and Ricciardo the point for fastest lap as Bianchi is not a points scorer.

Also, Jake Rosenzweig is running in the Invitation Class (normally races in the F3ES) so is also ineligible for points.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 13:28 (Ref:2507154)   #42
SpeedRacer89
Rookie

SpeedRacer89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosenzweig is a Euro Series invitee to Spa and as such will not earn any points for his 5th place finish. He was the second Carlin driver behind Ricciardo though. I assume that for points purposes he, and Bottas and Bianchi ahead, will be dropped. Considering this is the first race for the Euro Series invitees on Cooper tyres, for them to grab 3 of the top 5 places is quite impressive.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2507160)   #43
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Oh, right, (you both are), of course, I sit corrected...and late for work. He must've overtaken Buzaid right at the end there? "Invitation Class", I like that. Sector timing and scoring, now if we could just get an occasional video replay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
This is the F3 timetable in UK time:
Saturday
12.15 to 12.45 Race 2 (13 laps subject to a maximum of 30 minutes)
Edit: any sign of a sponsor on Phil Major's car this year?
Old 24 Jul 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2507165)   #44
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacer89 View Post
Rosenzweig is a Euro Series invitee to Spa and as such will not earn any points for his 5th place finish. He was the second Carlin driver behind Ricciardo though. I assume that for points purposes he, and Bottas and Bianchi ahead, will be dropped. Considering this is the first race for the Euro Series invitees on Cooper tyres, for them to grab 3 of the top 5 places is quite impressive.
Yes, it is, but to put it in perspective ART is probably the best F3 team out there and has the pick of the drivers, so you would expect them to go well.

Carlin have a good car for Spa, as I mentioned earlier, so that would have given Rosenzweig an excellent basis to start from.

The other point is that the transition from Kumho to Cooper tyres does seem to be much easier than the other way around. Van der Zande won first time out at Silverstone.

Race report. Depending on whose fault it was, of course, the incident between Gutierrez and Boyd does highlight the danger I also mentioned earlier of invitation drivers damaging the chances of those who are fighting for points.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 18:05 (Ref:2507275)   #45
SpeedRacer89
Rookie

Apparently ART drivers will start tomorrows race at the back of the grid because of an aero infraction. Seems a shame as it is unlikely that it would have made much of a difference in the rain and I have always thought it best to beat some one on the track rather than on appeal. Do not know which team pressed the matter.This puts Ricciardo on the first row w Buzaid on pole. I think Bianchi has the pace and the car to get to the front if the safety car is not out for long.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 19:42 (Ref:2507311)   #46
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacer89 View Post
Apparently ART drivers will start tomorrow's race at the back of the grid because of an aero infraction. Seems a shame as it is unlikely that it would have made much of a difference in the rain and I have always thought it best to beat some one on the track rather than on appeal. Do not know which team pressed the matter.This puts Ricciardo on the first row with Buzaid on pole. I think Bianchi has the pace and the car to get to the front if the safety car is not out for long.
Where did you hear that? It would be a scrutineering issue if true. There is an argument that in certain respects the F3ES cars do not run strictly according to the FIA Regulations and this may be an instance of that. Silly, if so, because they have to conform at Zandvoort and Macau. If someone jogged the Scrutineer's elbow I suspect it would be Carlin or Hitech.

Buzaid was penalised after the race for a start-line infringement, so here are the revised results:
HTML Code:
Pos Driver                  Team                Car        Time/Gap
 1. Daniel Ricciardo        Carlin              D/V      32m06.562s
 2. Jules Bianchi           ART                 D/M         +1.509s
 3. Valtteri Bottas         ART                 D/M         +8.869s
 4. Renger van der Zande    Hitech              D/M         +9.817s
 5. Jake Rozenzweig         Carlin              D/V        +19.529s
 6. Esteban Gutierrez       ART                 D/M        +25.945s
 7. Victor Garcia           Fortec              D/M        +28.523s
 8. Max Chilton             Carlin              D/V        +28.817s
 9. Hywel Lloyd             CF Racing           D/H        +32.725s
10. Philip Major            Carlin              D/V        +34.542s
11. Henry Arundel           Carlin              D/V        +38.070s
12. Jay Bridger             Litespeed           M/H        +38.531s
13. Stephane Richelmi       Barazi-Epsilon      D/M        +38.689s
14. Daniel McKenzie         Fortec              D/H        +39.837s
15. Kevin Chen              Double R            D/M        +52.721s
16. Nico Marroc             Racing Experience   D/M      +1m11.237s
17. Carlos Huertas          Double R            D/M      +1m12.424s
18. Victor Correa           Litespeed           S/H      +1m13.323s 
19. Adriano Buzaid          T-Sport             D/V      +1m24.505s
20. Gabriel Dias            T-Sport             D/H      +1m39.575s

Retirements

Wayne Boyd                T-Sport             D/V          9 laps
  Riki Christodoulou        Fortec              D/M          0 laps
  Daisuke Nakajima          Double R            D/M          0 laps
  Walter Grubmuller         Hitech              D/M          0 laps
Chilton and Lloyd recovered from their first lap skirmish to be 4th and 5th amongst the points scorers.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2507336)   #47
HCForums
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
HCForums should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those who are interested about what happened at the start. Nakajima went wide at La Source, rejoined in the middle of the field over the astro turf and plowed into Christodoulou. The Fortec car went spinning and was then hit by Grubmuller, pushing poor Riki's car into the barrier. I think I saw also some contact between Lloyd and Grubmuller at the first corner before all of this happened. Nice recovery drives from Max and Hywel. Wonder how conditions will be tomorrow.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2507354)   #48
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
According to this report, Chilton stalled at the start and Lloyd couldn't avoid him. Both continued but had to pit for repairs and then fight their way back.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 10:11 (Ref:2507541)   #49
jordan123
Rookie

jordan123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Valker,I don't know how you do it but I'm pleased you can

Last edited by jordan123; 25 Jul 2009 at 10:14. Reason: spelling
Old 25 Jul 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2507545)   #50
SpeedRacer89
Rookie

anyone know the start time for race 2?