Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is it in your opinion?
Lewis Hamilton 0 0%
Nico Rosberg 9 20.45%
Sebastian Vettel 10 22.73%
Kimi Raikkonen 1 2.27%
Daniel Ricciardo 15 34.09%
Max Verstappen 0 0%
Sergio Pérez 1 2.27%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 3 6.82%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 2 4.55%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Esteban Gutiérrez 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 3 6.82%
Jolyon Palmer 0 0%
Pascal Wehrlein 0 0%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Felipe Nasr 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Sep 2016, 10:16 (Ref:3673622)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Singapore Grand Prix

Who is it in your opinion?
Old 18 Sep 2016, 14:37 (Ref:3673685)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel did a great race.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 15:38 (Ref:3673711)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Has to be Sebastian Vettel ...
Old 18 Sep 2016, 17:45 (Ref:3673745)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso. Another creditable performance.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 18:16 (Ref:3673753)   #5
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Magnussen. Great start and solid pace throughout the whole race to clinch a well deserved point.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 20:08 (Ref:3673783)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Vettel
Old 18 Sep 2016, 20:44 (Ref:3673795)   #7
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it to Kvyat, nice to see him back on form, more to the point he was excellent in his scrap with Max.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 21:15 (Ref:3673802)   #8
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vettel. I see in the last stint he gained about 33 seconds on Rosberg after pitting, which is more than Ricciardo, but also he had no reason to push at all because Kimi and Lewis were miles ahead of him. So I think if he'd started near the front he'd have had the pace to win. Just depends if he would have had the pace to get past on this track.

Verstappen was a little disappointing again. 60 seconds behind your teammate is not what is expected of him. Nor scrapping with Kyvat so hard, failing to make the pass, then dropping back because you used your tyres up too fast so you can't even do the undercut at the next pit stops. Plus a fastest lap almost 2s slower than Ricciardo despite the same strategy of pitting at the end. Kyvat would have done a better job than that!!

Alonso did a decent job up in 7th.

Magnussen also decent to finish 10th with many faster cars behind him. Palmer a long way back.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 22:16 (Ref:3673829)   #9
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Good races from Alonso, Kvyat, Vettel, Ricciardo (that out-lap!), Rosberg (holding on to the win)
My vote goes to Alonso. Best of the rest in what is unlikely to be the 4th best car.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 02:39 (Ref:3673920)   #10
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Ricciardo. Cause he's Aussie.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 03:28 (Ref:3673947)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Between Vettel and Perez for me. SV had the benefit of the extra set of ultra sorts so think I'm going to give it Perez for his two long stints in the softs.

Lots of races left but huge points for FI. Could be worth millions.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 05:12 (Ref:3673981)   #12
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel, with kudos to Ricciardo and Nico.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 05:49 (Ref:3673986)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't say this often, but Nico for me; mega qualifying lap, controlled the race well and hung on with very old tyres to win. Great drives from Ricc, Alonso & Vettel, as well
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 19 Sep 2016, 08:59 (Ref:3674032)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Magnussen for showing the kind of performance we know he is capable of

Kyvat for reminding us that he is an F1 driver on merit.

Alonso for outdriving his equipment AGAIN

Vettel for a controlled recovery

Rosberg for having it all well in hand.

Max for that amazing miss at the start!!!
Old 19 Sep 2016, 13:20 (Ref:3674083)   #15
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta be Kimi...
Old 19 Sep 2016, 13:53 (Ref:3674089)   #16
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another vote for Nicola. I generally see him as a good journeyman doing a competent job in an exceptional car, but that qually lap really was special. And he then capitalised on his position throughout the race, finishing with a controlled run to the end with tyres that were well past their sell-by.

Vettel was also deserving, for bringing the car through from the back.

Alonso did OK, but his 7th place was largely the result of the gap opening up for him at the start, and the near-impossibility of overtaking.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3674114)   #17
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was a wealth of potential candidates. In no particular order...

Kvyat seemed to gained confidence again. He qualified well and while he finished lower than his qualifying position, I felt some of the battle between him and Max was excellent. Watching Max get a DRS (?) run and dive past Kvyat and then have Kvyat brake deep to cleanly keep the lead without collision more than once was what F1 should be about.

Max did well. I think he may have touched someone early (at the start), but while I have given him much grief recently about his standard of driving I think he did an excellent job this weekend. Credit where credit is due.

Kimi was up at the front most all day and actually passed a Mercedes!

Vettel had a great drive from the back. He had a good car so you would expect him to make his way forward, but its not a great place to make a lot of passes.

Ricciardo had a great and generally flawless drive.

Perez moved on up.

Magnussen had a great drive given the general consensus that the Renault chassis is a real dog.

But in the end, I have to give it to Nico. Yes he has the dominant car, but he really did nothing wrong all weekend. You now that the stress and pressure to beat Hamilton (never an easy task) is huge and is a heavy burden. Yet he dominated in qualifying, made a good start and managed his brake issues. It could have been easy to throw it way by trying to overdrive (try to carry more speed without braking hard to nurse the brakes) as Ricciardo was chasing him down. But he kept his lap times under control, so he could preserve his failing brakes and worn tires until the very end to maintain a gap between him and Ricciardo. So while it is a boring choice, Nico did it for me. Ricciardo is my runner up.

Richard
Old 19 Sep 2016, 17:47 (Ref:3674145)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A few to choose from. Vettel for a good comeback drive from the back of the grid. Rosberg did well, although that no tyres call could easily have cost him. Ricciardo did what he always does. A really good job. Kudos to Alonso too. Raikkonen did OK, but you know that Vettel would have beaten him had he started from a higher position. I'll give it to Vettel though.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3674147)   #19
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nico Rosberg gets my vote. Stunning lap in qualifying, superb start of the grid and controlled the race and never lost his head during the break issues nor the very fast incoming Red Bull.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 12:38 (Ref:3674244)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo gets my vote this time
Old 26 Sep 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3675301)   #21
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta be Kimi??? Well, it IS Kimi. That pass on Hamilton was the best overtaking move since Hakkinen passed Schumacher and Zonta at Spa!
Old 26 Sep 2016, 22:27 (Ref:3675391)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nico for me, agree with Toto, one of his best drives ever, so controlled and cool
Old 29 Sep 2016, 23:36 (Ref:3676025)   #23
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Danny. Good performance from him in qualifying, splitting the Mercedes and claiming a second place.

Kudos to Mr. Iceberg as well. Another victory - and pole. Superb performance.

Special mention to Vettel as well for his fifth place.