Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 25 Sep 2007, 13:59 (Ref:2022631)   #1
woodster
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin 24.
woodster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leinster Trophy Race

I went to the Leinster trophy meeting at the weekend in Mondello, and I have to say I was really dissapointed.

I dont understand why they used the International track, its to long for formula ford and its not good for spectators.

They should have used the nationalcircuit and made it twenty laps, and it wold have been better for everybody.

Dave
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:06 (Ref:2022642)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Actually I thought it was a pretty good race - good grid and some very close racing all the way through the field.

To be honest, with a grid that size, a race on the National would probably have ended in carnage.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:21 (Ref:2022658)   #3
woodster
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin 24.
woodster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But all you can see from the grandstand is from Dunlop,the entry into Duchams and the run down into the esses and then there gone.

If they used the national layout you see most of the race track.

Forgive me if im wrong but were you one of the comentators on the day?

Dave
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:29 (Ref:2022666)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
No, I was flagging on the last corner.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 16:24 (Ref:2022764)   #5
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad that 'Leinster Trophy' is just another Irish club meeting at Mondello Park.Any chance of creating an international road race worthy of the name?
Old 25 Sep 2007, 19:24 (Ref:2022904)   #6
SCOBER11
Racer

SCOBER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leinster club insisted it be on the International track, FF1600 is always better on the small track, still at least ff1600 got the Trophy as its still Irelands only International Formula we even had a Scottish entrant this year and a good crowd to watch.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 22:28 (Ref:2023026)   #7
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Like EvilPumkin I was also at the last corner as I think this is the best place to watch when the International Circuit is used. I personally much prefer the racing on the National Circuit. You can see the whole track and the racing seems better too. If there were too many FFords for that track, they could have had a couple of qualifying races to make it really interesting. Taking nothing away from Peter Dempsey, he's brilliant but it's a pity that the Leinster Trophy isn't for an internationally recognised series anymore. I hope Mondello can work towards getting some visiting classes in general throughout the season to supplement the national classes. A couple of years back we had BTCC, F3 & GT.