Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 5 Sep 2004, 15:09 (Ref:1087427)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Setting up a new Graphics Card

OK, as some of you know, I now have a new card. An FX5900XT. I am also using Riva Tuner (thanks P... ).

I'd appreciate guidance on setting this thing up from those who know how.........
Old 5 Sep 2004, 16:33 (Ref:1087458)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Getting better all the time, thanks to the help of some at RSC I now have mirrors which show what's behind me instead of above me and no strange boxy lines in the sky.......
Old 5 Sep 2004, 18:56 (Ref:1087530)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, lots of interest here, to be sure.......

Any NVidia users upgraded to the 61.77s (or the very latest drivers)? Any improvement/deterioration noticed?

Does anyone have a problem with a recalcitrant mouse in certain GPL menus?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 5 Sep 2004 at 18:57.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 19:08 (Ref:1087547)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry, i use ATI cards only...

And yes, i had that problem with my Geforce2 card, don't have any problems with my new one though so it seems NVIDIA related, i guess...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 5 Sep 2004 at 19:10.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 19:28 (Ref:1087575)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've not tried the latest drivers.
I can't go any higher than 53.03 atm, a certain track making tool won't work with drivers higher than that
Old 6 Sep 2004, 12:13 (Ref:1088082)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
How many of you use D3D and how many Open GL for GPL?
Old 6 Sep 2004, 13:06 (Ref:1088142)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I use OpenGL.
Tried D3D the other day though, I prefer it graphically, just not for frame rate.
Old 6 Sep 2004, 13:28 (Ref:1088167)   #8
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I use D3D myself, OpenGL the graphics as P said is on my machine so bad i cant drive like it.
Same goes if i turn down game graphics like less obstacles etc cant gage the track at all.
Old 6 Sep 2004, 14:19 (Ref:1088207)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I run loads of hi-res graphics for training, which isn't so great on my machine for racing. I do switch to original cars, but to get better other improvements I turn loads of graphic options down.
For the TTFRL I run 0% detail, objects set 'many', 800x600 resolution, smoke, sparks, fire, dust, skid marks, specular highlights and dynamic lighting off, tyre textures, driver textures, bevelled tyres, clouds, crowds off and all in mirrors options also off.
That gives me a rather bland looking view, but that way I don't miss the start while my computer loads the game up. In my mirrors I see just the asphalt and untextured cars, enough.
Old 6 Sep 2004, 17:19 (Ref:1088319)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I turn nothing down for online racing. I race with full modded cars and tracks - and that was even on my old GeForce 2. I always used OpenGL because I couldn't see much difference in the graphical quality, but I got much better frame-rates. That still seems to be the case. I'm getting 19-20 fps momentarily off the line with a full grid at the start, and a solid 36 thereafter (now).
Old 6 Sep 2004, 17:49 (Ref:1088342)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
After the start I could get away with that Ayse, its just I get such bad stutters on the grid, plus it takes an age and a wet weekend to load fully.
Old 6 Sep 2004, 21:33 (Ref:1088521)   #12
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have an old GeForce 4 MX440SE and am using the 61.77s with no problem, GPL and 1024x768 full detail and no slowdown
Old 7 Sep 2004, 18:06 (Ref:1089277)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thaks Kidzer. I think I'll bung the 61.77s in then.