Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jul 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3284247)   #51
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here it is from the horse's mouth....sounds like his decision has been made. Whatever that decision is....Lotus?

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/videos/38...ut-his-future/
Old 31 Jul 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3284255)   #52
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AutoHebdo.fr says Ferrari have contacted Kimi for next year, offering him 11.3M € + bonuses.
I can't see Fernando accepting that, so may this add to the Alonso/RBR rumors ?
Old 31 Jul 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3284257)   #53
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
AutoHebdo.fr says Ferrari have contacted Kimi for next year, offering him 11.3M € + bonuses.
I can't see Fernando accepting that, so may this add to the Alonso/RBR rumors ?
Kimi at Ferrari again, with Alonso ? Oh yeah, keep coming.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 15:15 (Ref:3284265)   #54
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't believe it either, apparently all this comes from Bild.
It's not hard to imagine german press making up this rumor to destabilize both Lotus and Ferrari at the same time.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 15:50 (Ref:3284281)   #55
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Alonso won't go to Red Bull. The last time he had to deal with a quick team mate was Lewis at McLaren, and he didn't like it one bit.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 02:02 (Ref:3284461)   #56
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure Vettel has the final say regarding who his team mate will be....

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...Kimi-to-Alonso
Old 1 Aug 2013, 02:06 (Ref:3284464)   #57
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
More rumours of Ferrari snagging Kimi and building the team around him....beginning with Allison as the foundation.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 03:53 (Ref:3284481)   #58
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
More rumours of Ferrari snagging Kimi and building the team around him....beginning with Allison as the foundation.
Kimi is too old for that. He's not real old but he isn't interested in that.
He has got an offer of $15mil USD and sponsorship of his motocross team by Ferrari plus some other incentives but will he do it....

Only if Alonso is NOT there.
I think it is more likely he will go to RBR rather than Alonso but my preference would be Ricciardo not withstanding that Tost thinks he needs more time at Torro Rosso.
Give him a year to get up to speed and I think he will reward you by years end. (in other words don't pressure him and by the end of the year he'll be flying)
Old 1 Aug 2013, 12:46 (Ref:3284652)   #59
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso will stay at Ferrari.
Kimi will stay at Lotus.
Ricciardo goes to RBR.

That's my bet.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3284653)   #60
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think you'd get pretty short odds on that.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3284670)   #61
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
I agree...status quo.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3284671)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too - a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3284672)   #63
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Alonso will stay at Ferrari.
Kimi will stay at Lotus.
Ricciardo goes to RBR.

That's my bet.
Mine too.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3284674)   #64
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I think you'd get pretty short odds on that.
Quote:
I agree...status quo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Me too - a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.
Easy pick.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3284748)   #65
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
More news to the Silly Season within the Season.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/88...Merry-Go-Round
Old 1 Aug 2013, 20:42 (Ref:3284778)   #66
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You know what... all this waffle seems to be originating from Bild. I just wonder whether Bernie's connected their journalists up to his pet [red] bull's rear end and turned the tap on.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 21:14 (Ref:3284787)   #67
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm sure Ricciardo is strongly being favoured as he finally represents the shangra la of team harmony after a tumultuous time with Webber over the last few years. Kimi has a certain marketing attraction and Mateschitz is probably still mulling over the idea of drafting him in but having two big egos in that team won't be conducive to team harmony.

No chance Alonso will make the RBR switcheroo, that's Alonso trying to give his team a fright with the little tiff that's rumbling on over there.

Over the years I've been staggered by the decisions that have been made though but that's my reading of it anyway.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 02:02 (Ref:3284864)   #68
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
I don't know much about Bild, but I guess it is like the National Enquirer of Europe?? Have they ever been accurate?
Old 2 Aug 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3284967)   #69
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
this is all being fed by driver management to try and increase their drivers value at their existing team. they know they're going to stay there, the driver knows they're going to stay there but they want the team to pony up a bit more dough or make a few more big promises regarding design staff or facilities. raikkonen's management are masters at this.

but it's all good fun. nothing like a bit of "what if" to fend off the mid-season boredom
Old 2 Aug 2013, 13:07 (Ref:3285000)   #70
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I think there's an excess of cynicism in this thread.

Red Bull management would just be remiss if they didn't include Raikkonen in their calculations for their second seat and there's no particular rush to mull these things over. But it doesn't take a prophet to project that it'll be Ricciardo that'll get the gig when everything is finally weighed up at decision time.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3285005)   #71
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I'm sure Ricciardo is strongly being favoured as he finally represents the shangra la of team harmony after a tumultuous time with Webber over the last few years. Kimi has a certain marketing attraction and Mateschitz is probably still mulling over the idea of drafting him in but having two big egos in that team won't be conducive to team harmony.

No chance Alonso will make the RBR switcheroo, that's Alonso trying to give his team a fright with the little tiff that's rumbling on over there.

Over the years I've been staggered by the decisions that have been made though but that's my reading of it anyway.
Specially if Ricciardo will be coming as a clear #2...
Old 3 Aug 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3285402)   #72
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vettlel will be just like Michael Schumacher, where he always had a number two "working" for him when Ricciardo arrives.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3285500)   #73
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Vettlel will be just like Michael Schumacher, where he always had a number two "working" for him when Ricciardo arrives.
As opposed to Alonso who had Trulli (until he was sacked for gaining the upperhand), Fisi, Piquet, Grosjean and Massa.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 23:03 (Ref:3285511)   #74
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Webber "working" for Vettel.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3285737)   #75
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I've never bought this idea that Schumacher vetoed quick drivers coming in to Ferrari. He was simply too good for Irvine, Barrichello and Massa. But I have never seen any evidence that, say, Hill or Häkkinen wanted to drive for Ferrari and Schuey said no. Whereas Senna *did* veto team mates (or at least one).