Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:23 (Ref:3300494)   #51
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Great pass by Alonso on Webber. Definitely the highlight for me.

Vettel marches on towards his 4th WDC. 2009 seems like a long time ago.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3300516)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Seems like bally forever to me.......
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3300541)   #53
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great race as far as coverage was concerned. The lower order battles were pretty good. I forgot about Vettel for the entire race.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3300553)   #54
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The chorus of boos from the crowd is a bit shameful. I know it's a Ferrari crowd, but Vettel doesn't deserve the booing.
:-/
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3300556)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not a fan (you'd never have guessed), but there was no real excuse for that.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3300564)   #56
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate that too. Half of the boos were for our politicians on the podium though..
Old 8 Sep 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3300566)   #57
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel has got it this time. The sad thing for me is that his only remote threat, Alonso, is an even bigger ****
Old 8 Sep 2013, 16:25 (Ref:3300574)   #58
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
The chorus of boos from the crowd is a bit shameful. I know it's a Ferrari crowd, but Vettel doesn't deserve the booing.
:-/
I think this is the second race in a row he has been booed at the podium.
I guess he needs to get use to it. He may have many years to come
of it.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 16:25 (Ref:3300575)   #59
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Great race as far as coverage was concerned. The lower order battles were pretty good. I forgot about Vettel for the entire race.
I did wonder if the various sponsors adorning Vettel's car were ruing his disappearing act today. They didn't get much airtime.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:00 (Ref:3300585)   #60
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That was an 'interesting; grid walk with EJ.
No. Too much smarming up to "slebs" and not enough interviews with racing people. Shades of Martin Brundle in his less incisive moments.

I can appreciate that interviews with drivers and team principals are getting very samey and don't bring much new information to the programme. How about interviewing a few mechanics and engineers? Or even a PR person. Or a brolly dolly.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3300589)   #61
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
I think this is the second race in a row he has been booed at the podium.
I guess he needs to get use to it. He may have many years to come
of it.
I thought the booing in Belgium was for the eco-warriors clambering around the grandstand roof.

Anyway Seb handled it well in Monza. I can't remember his words exactly, but some reference to the fact that he was being booed because he had won and Ferrari hadn't. I'm sure he would rather that than being cheered for coming second behind a Ferrari. (I would.)
Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:17 (Ref:3300595)   #62
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
No. Too much smarming up to "slebs" and not enough interviews with racing people. Shades of Martin Brundle in his less incisive moments.

I can appreciate that interviews with drivers and team principals are getting very samey and don't bring much new information to the programme. How about interviewing a few mechanics and engineers? Or even a PR person. Or a brolly dolly.
Excuse the typo, that should have read 'interesting'.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3300665)   #63
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry but I don't mind the booing

This team are utterly making a mockery of the sport and the fans are doing what anyone with any love of the sport would do, some fans lke to see domination, but most like me like to see a race and different people winning, or at least if there is domination, a bit of a spicy inter team rivalry, but with the smile being signed now, that is out of the question

Booing the bloke who beat their favourite and also the guy who is making the worlds elite car championship look easier than a game of Hungry Horace.

It has happened before, and it will happen again, its hardly going to make any difference, he doesn't even give a stuff about his own boss giving him team orders, so is hardly gonna care about a few hundred Italians

Might start caring if Bernie tells him to slow down a bit, but then again.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3300712)   #64
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Whilst I'm not a Vettel fan, I don't think you can really blame him for winning - it'd be a bit reprehensible if he started "throwing" races just to make it look a bit fairer.... Basically its down to the competition to raise their game.

Although did anyone else find it odd that Red Bull were apparently allowed to repair their gearboxes penalty-free? I seem to recollect that when Hamilton's gearbox needed replacing after failing (apparently as a result of the exploding tyre) at Silverstone, he suffered grid-place penalties.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 05:39 (Ref:3300816)   #65
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Absolutely agreed.

You let me down jsTrecu - you didn't keep talking........
It's my town's yearly celebration for winning a siege over french troops and I just got home.
It's 7:37, I'm drunk, just watched the race, and loved every booing towards Vettel.

Great drive, and haters gonna hate as always

Sweet dreams everyone, butthurted or not.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 07:36 (Ref:3300847)   #66
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel being jeered at Monza really hurts him. Will not admit it, but it pains him to be booed on that podium. He was talking about it during the cool down lap yesterday. He was preparing himself mentally during the cool down lap, talking to Rocky about how he will be jeered by the crowd. Out of all, he wants to be loved by the Italian F1 fans, but he gets none.

Compare the reception he got, to the reception Webber got. Webber has never been on the podium at Monza, and has not had anything to do with Ferrari during his F1 career. Vettel has. Both. But he still is jeered by the Italians.

Maybe Vettel remembers how his idle was pretty much worshiped on that podium, and it cuts him deep when he gets booed.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 08:08 (Ref:3300864)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Round 12 - Italian Grand Prix

It's unpleasant, but a fact of life when sportsmanship is such a rare quality - even from the fans of the sport.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3300872)   #68
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never mind Vettel, can you imagine the reception Alonso would get when... sorry, if he switches to Lotus?? Probably see some missiles thrown onto the podium.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 08:33 (Ref:3300875)   #69
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's unpleasant, but a fact of life when sportsmanship is such a rare quality - even from the fans of the sport.
Very well said. I know you're not a Vettel fan... so this carries even more weight.

The booing was unfortunate and podium shenanigans where the second placed driver - somebody who rubbished Ferrari only the day before - was treated as a winner even more so. But that's Monza. I've been there lots of times and seen a lot worse - including people alongside me in a grandstand showering glass bottles at David Coulthard as he walked back to the pits in front of us... and some very unsavoury chants at Lewis Hamilton. They call it passion apparently (!)

Bottom line is that Vettel won. Ferrari didn't. The oafs that were booing hurt a lot more than the GP winner !
Old 9 Sep 2013, 08:42 (Ref:3300879)   #70
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its always been the case and it always will be when you let members of the public into an arean where patriotism and national pride take over.

Stoner got booed terribly at Donington years ago and all he did was win the frace and beat the crowd favourite, who happened to be an Italian!

I think if Seb was battling for wins and the like he might get more support, but he gets in front, pulls away and wins easliy, which is rather boring and uninspiring.

At least Alonso passes people, looks on the edge and seems to make more of an effort. He doesnt of course, they all do, but thats what it seems.

On here everyone has an opinion, and we are al fans and have been for decades! But just sit in the stands and listen to what people say, most of them havent got the foggiest about what they are watching, so its no surprise they get pulled into the fervour of things like this.

Some of the stuff I ahve heard in sands at race meetings in almost laughably wrong, so I think we can put a lot of this down to simple fans and their passing interest rather than our intererest and knowledge.

Look at something like Le Mans, I have little understanding why its popular and why you lot rabbit on about the moment it finishes to the moment it starts again. But I would never boo the winner! I just dont get why you all love it so much so I boo you instead!

And that is what we should be doing, stop watching it, don't buy the merch, dont go to shows and dont buy games. Its tough but the only way anything will be changed long term.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3300894)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Round 12 - Italian Grand Prix

I suspect the Tifosi will all be back again next year, cheering whoever is driving the red cars and booing anyone who beats them. If Vettel ever moved to Ferrari, they'd cheer him just as loudly - even more so if he won!
Old 9 Sep 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3300925)   #72
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I really don't understand the loathing for Sebastian. What has he done that is so terrible? It is shameful that anyone boos this kid as if he some kind of villain. He drives his arse off in a car his teammate can seem to get a handle on, wins and is hated. He wins a race with a dodgy transmission and even that isn't good enough for some to give him his due.

I guess I as away when the old saying was changed to "everyone hates a winner".

For the record once again I am a Ferrari fan but I honestly hope Seb wins the next 10 titles just to **** the haters off even more.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3300930)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It wouldn't **** off anyone - no-one would be left watching by then.......
Old 9 Sep 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3301008)   #74
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Frankly I rather think that you are all missing the point, well most anyway. If you can cheer to show approval, why can't you boo to show disapproval?
How else can the crowd demonstrate their feelings, particularly as the majority of those booing would have been everyday Italians, rather than motor sport fans. They went to see Ferrari win and instead saw them thoroughly beaten, no surprise that they were unhappy when you understand how passionate the are as a nation.

It's called 'wearing your heart on your sleeve', and really should not exercise us too much here.

Some may remember when Schumacher was dominant there were all sorts of suggestions to even things up a bit, hence a change in the points system to stop the winner getting a big advantage.
The problem for Vettel is that he wins easily far too often, and that is rarely popular with many people.

One man's opinion.

bauble.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 15:32 (Ref:3301031)   #75
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I loved Alonso's move on Webber. Webber was tough but fair there too.