Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think the driver of the Bahrain Grand Prix is?
Sebastian Vettel 21 53.85%
Kimi Räikkönen 1 2.56%
Lewis Hamilton 0 0%
Valterri Bottas 0 0%
Max Verstappen 1 2.56%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Sergio Pérez 6 15.38%
Esteban Ocon 1 2.56%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 1 2.56%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Jolyon Palmer 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Pascal Wehrlein 2 5.13%
Stoffel Vandoorne 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 6 15.38%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Apr 2017, 13:09 (Ref:3726927)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Bahrain Grand Prix 2017

Who do you think the driver of the Bahrain Grand Prix is?
Old 16 Apr 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3727117)   #2
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There can be only one(to paraphrase the Highlander) - Fingerman aka Baby Schumi aka Vettel! Pitting at the right time and then just seemed to have the pace to pull away a big enough gap. It was like the good old days of Red Bull.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 17:55 (Ref:3727146)   #3
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this race it was Vettel.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 20:03 (Ref:3727173)   #4
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel. Not only for the racing, which was flawless, but for the "Happy Easter" as well.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 22:57 (Ref:3727215)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neppatsrev Xam View Post
this race it was Vettel.
steve, you have just made me fall off my chair.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 23:10 (Ref:3727218)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettee.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 23:39 (Ref:3727223)   #7
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Can someone explain to me how a driver that started 18th, and finished 7th does not win driver of the day?? Yet someone who started 3rd and finished 1st does??

Driver of the day may as well be winner of the day.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 00:22 (Ref:3727230)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Can someone explain to me how a driver that started 18th, and finished 7th does not win driver of the day?? Yet someone who started 3rd and finished 1st does??

It was a good drive and on reflection, overlooked by the contest between Hamilton and Vettel.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 00:36 (Ref:3727231)   #9
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It was a good drive and on reflection, overlooked by the contest between Hamilton and Vettel.
Perez made some spectacular passes, and passed more drivers for position than Vettel did. My guess is the driver of the day rubbish is biased towards the podium finishes. There was hardly, if any, a 'contest' between LH and SV really. SV undercut VB to the lead, and stayed there. Whoopy! LH never got close until the end, and even then was never in striking distance.

Seems as though if a Ferrari wins, that's the driver of the day.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 03:19 (Ref:3727245)   #10
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Perez went 18th to 7th then I suppose it should go to him. It's hard to watch the mid-field without living timing anymore. formula1.com just gives me errors whenever I try to connect, I assume it's only available as an app now and I'm not paying to sit there holding my cellphone like a tool. The on-screen data is next to useless as the video director constantly chooses to watch people in the pits such as that hippy guy with the long hair shown like 10 times. Is he famous for his hair? Meanwhile all I want to know is what's the goddamn gap between LH and SV now that SV has made his pit stop! A couple laps later it was revealed.

So to cut a long story short I'd probably give it to Stoffel for deciding to park it up and have a latte instead of embarrassing himself with last. Followed closely by Alonso for faking an engine issue on the last lap because he could see Palmer closing in to take his 2nd to last position. Plus he used radio opportunities to rubbish Honda aplenty. Har har Honda.

Wasn't it funny when Vettel was behind him trying to lap, and Alonso is pulling away and the Sky commentator (the slightly dim one) says something like "so much for Honda's apparently lack of straight speed it looks pretty fast there".

True DOTR I think SV and LH were pretty even. I call it a draw between them. SV was disadvantaged by the SC wrecking what probably would have been a 5+sec lead, assuming Bottas/LH weren't far from pitting. LH was disadvantaged by his teammate always in his way and the penalty. But both were much quicker than their teammates.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 04:17 (Ref:3727250)   #11
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 07:30 (Ref:3727276)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After reading and considering the views above, Vettel.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 09:45 (Ref:3727290)   #13
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso, simple he would have pushed that heap of rubbish they gave him to drive over the line to win.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3727291)   #14
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Sergio Perez was in a false qualifying position though. Flying lap got messed up because of the late yellow flags in the last sector after Carlos Sainz' crash. He had to back off.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 09:52 (Ref:3727293)   #15
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
If Perez went 18th to 7th then I suppose it should go to him. It's hard to watch the mid-field without living timing anymore. formula1.com just gives me errors whenever I try to connect, I assume it's only available as an app now and I'm not paying to sit there holding my cellphone like a tool. The on-screen data is next to useless as the video director constantly chooses to watch people in the pits such as that hippy guy with the long hair shown like 10 times. Is he famous for his hair? Meanwhile all I want to know is what's the goddamn gap between LH and SV now that SV has made his pit stop! A couple laps later it was revealed.

So to cut a long story short I'd probably give it to Stoffel for deciding to park it up and have a latte instead of embarrassing himself with last. Followed closely by Alonso for faking an engine issue on the last lap because he could see Palmer closing in to take his 2nd to last position. Plus he used radio opportunities to rubbish Honda aplenty. Har har Honda.

Wasn't it funny when Vettel was behind him trying to lap, and Alonso is pulling away and the Sky commentator (the slightly dim one) says something like "so much for Honda's apparently lack of straight speed it looks pretty fast there".

True DOTR I think SV and LH were pretty even. I call it a draw between them. SV was disadvantaged by the SC wrecking what probably would have been a 5+sec lead, assuming Bottas/LH weren't far from pitting. LH was disadvantaged by his teammate always in his way and the penalty. But both were much quicker than their teammates.
Hw ould have easily finished ahead of Joleon. He wouldn;t even have been second last either.
MInd you, the Renault was probably damaged. Parts came flying off the front wing after Joleon clumsily went into the side of Danil Kyvat.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 11:11 (Ref:3727306)   #16
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah Palmer probably wouldn't have caught Alonso. But I'm pretty sure he made a pit stop at a different time to those ahead so he was closing in on the guys ahead of him (Kyvat, Alonso) and got it down to about 3.6 seconds, this is while Alonso was letting Vettel through then he suddenly slowed about when Kyvat was passing him. Which put him second to last with only Palmer behind. Not sure if Kyvat made the pass because of Alonso's issues or it happened just after. Nice to see them following the guys at the back in the race though instead of just looking at the leader, because they had some fun tussles.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 14:15 (Ref:3727318)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Perez made some spectacular passes, and passed more drivers for position than Vettel did. My guess is the driver of the day rubbish is biased towards the podium finishes. There was hardly, if any, a 'contest' between LH and SV really. SV undercut VB to the lead, and stayed there. Whoopy! LH never got close until the end, and even then was never in striking distance.

Seems as though if a Ferrari wins, that's the driver of the day.
By contest, I mean the overall contest between Hamilton and Vettel and more often than not, when there is a contest like this, it tends to overshadow what ever else is going on. Also the TV coverage doesn't help. There have been many great battles and drives, further down the field, which can get very little coverage or can be completely ignored, as the TV director has tended to focus on the championship contenders at the front of the field.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3727325)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettee because winning is underrated!
Old 17 Apr 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3727326)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Agreed. Perez for me.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 15:28 (Ref:3727345)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Max, because he was doing a brilliant job and was just behind the Mercs, when he went for a clever early pitstop, before he went out through no fault of his own
Old 17 Apr 2017, 19:03 (Ref:3727378)   #21
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has to be Ferdy, for even bothering to keep going, and for being so commendably restrained in his remarks on the radio about Honda's boat anchor – sorry, engine.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:00 (Ref:3727391)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Alonso, simple he would have pushed that heap of rubbish they gave him to drive over the line to win.
+1

And his cool radio messages to the team...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Apr 2017, 03:01 (Ref:3727455)   #23
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel
Old 18 Apr 2017, 11:00 (Ref:3727524)   #24
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Grosjean. Another points finish in the Haas and it was his birthday over the weekend

Honourable mentions for Vettel, Perez, Hulkenberg, Massa, Alonso and Raikkonen (the last 2 purely for radio entertainment).
Old 18 Apr 2017, 11:45 (Ref:3727536)   #25
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Others were faster but most of the coverage seemed to be focusing on Alonso as those scraps were more entertaining so gave him my vote this time