Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Feb 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2633763)   #76
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Interesting three stories on the first two pages of MEnews this week.
"he doesn't understand the OH&S rules. He is a driver.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 00:56 (Ref:2634107)   #77
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
"he doesn't understand the OH&S rules. He is a driver.
What about the WA Radio bloke conversation with TC.

And today on speedcafe there is a story of a chance for a Singapore race this year, just after WA gets canned
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 16 Feb 2010, 04:02 (Ref:2634162)   #78
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TSR we need to find the transcript of that conversation!!!!

It was classic and used as 6pr's grab for a few days!
Old 16 Feb 2010, 04:06 (Ref:2634164)   #79
Nivola
Racer

Garth Tanders comments on the loss

http://www.6pr.com.au/displayPopUpPl...arthTander.wma
Old 16 Feb 2010, 05:08 (Ref:2634173)   #80
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well said Garth !

Thanks for that Nivola, well handled by one of the interested parties.

Glad to hear Garth mention the commercial importance of the WA market as this where the pressure on VESA will come from.

The mention of Queensland Raceway was interesting given VESA changed its position once the taxpayer was involved.

I think its time Shane Howard was attacked for the content of his statement, but he is being used as a stalking horse by VESA in the knowledge his replacement can go back and feign ignorance in the next salvo on the WA taxpayer.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 06:32 (Ref:2634191)   #81
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I actually think that VESA gave up on the street race idea over there a couple of years ago Mountainstar
I am not confident V8SA ever gives up on the idea of a street race. TC probably has dreams about street races.

Quote:
I agree with them that the pit lane & paddock area need work but I'm not at all convinced that all this shenanigans is all about that.
Did V8SA not state that this was their issue considering 'third world facilities' comment.

Quote:
All a bit strange really as really don't think that the VESA board would lightly walk away from a WA round given its importance to sponsors and the fanbase there only having one opportunity to see the cars live each year without paying a lot of money for airfares etc.
You forget how proud those within V8SA are.

Last edited by D.R.T.; 16 Feb 2010 at 06:39.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 08:50 (Ref:2634237)   #82
Nivola
Racer

here is one interesting interview.

Go Rick

http://www.6pr.com.au/displayPopUpPl...Barbagallo.wma
Old 16 Feb 2010, 23:27 (Ref:2634683)   #83
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those interviews don't work. Seems they have been removed?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 23:40 (Ref:2634689)   #84
Nivola
Racer

go here and then go to the news stories

http://www.6pr.com.au/
Old 16 Feb 2010, 23:45 (Ref:2634692)   #85
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
Those interviews don't work. Seems they have been removed?
Yes they do (just tested) - make sure you aren't blocking them with youre browqer.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 08:10 (Ref:2635381)   #86
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Turns out I couldn't listen at work.

That second interview with Rick was a waste... I would have liked him to ask this Hitchcock character why they continue to go to QR and Homebush which also have third world facilities.

Frustrating to watch V8 extra and hear no mention or discussion regarding this. Rick Kelly brought it up but Crompton and co conveniently ignored him. Of course we know who signs their pay cheques, but I lost respect for Crompton years ago when he stopped telling it like it is, and started towing the company line. I'd have thought it was pretty big news to cover.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 11:41 (Ref:2635512)   #87
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Turns out I couldn't listen at work.

That second interview with Rick was a waste... I would have liked him to ask this Hitchcock character why they continue to go to QR and Homebush which also have third world facilities.

Frustrating to watch V8 extra and hear no mention or discussion regarding this. Rick Kelly brought it up but Crompton and co conveniently ignored him. Of course we know who signs their pay cheques, but I lost respect for Crompton years ago when he stopped telling it like it is, and started towing the company line. I'd have thought it was pretty big news to cover.
And is it just me or are the commentators becoming bigger than the steerers?
Old 18 Feb 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2635535)   #88
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's because most of the time they're more exciting than the so called "RACING".
Old 18 Feb 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2635714)   #89
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
. Of course we know who signs their pay cheques, but I lost respect for Crompton years ago when he stopped telling it like it is, and started towing the company line. I'd have thought it was pretty big news to cover.
I always liked Crompton myself and thought him to be a good commentator and still do, but he's left his objectivity to the side. I lost respect for him once he started being the fawning apologist for james courtney and his orgy of destruction.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 23:42 (Ref:2635945)   #90
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Well that'd be because Courtney also signs his pay cheques, right?

I still think he's an outstanding commentator, integrity aside.

Old 19 Feb 2010, 04:34 (Ref:2636031)   #91
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
I still think he's an outstanding commentator, integrity aside.

He is if he tells it as it is, but the self flagellation society that is the current commentary team is very tiresome, well to me anyway.

If that is the standard they are pitching it at to get the "casual" race fan then heaven help us.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 07:37 (Ref:2636054)   #92
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How is that *cough cough mycraymont cough cough cough* new?
Old 24 Feb 2010, 00:44 (Ref:2639428)   #93
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look here fellas, what do they actually do in WA apart from dig stuff up and send it to China?

The other thing is poor old Cocho has to get out of bed two hours later because we all know the sun shines out of his bum, and over in WA they are two hours behind the important part of Ozstralia! Probably have different money or currency as well.

Better off taking the whole show over to middle east.

Personally if I was a WA motor racing fan I would be on the V8's case, as it a bloody disgrace that something can't be put in place so that a round is held in WA. A lot of corporate support from Cat, Westrac etc in the V8's, you think they would be applying some pressure as well.

Barbagallo still a great race track and just needs some dollars spent on the pits and some about another 500 metres of racetrack.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 02:54 (Ref:2639475)   #94
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Hey Cocho ring Prince Leonard of Hutt River, HRH might build you an Abu Dhabi or Bahrain.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 03:48 (Ref:2639488)   #95
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm with Hutt River's 40th anniversary coming up in April you would have thought cocho would have jumped at the chance of another international event on his calendar!
Old 24 Feb 2010, 04:07 (Ref:2639498)   #96
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Just imagine that you owned a Billion dollar company in WA, and for sum reason you decided to become the naming sponser for the V8 SUPERCAR CIRCUS, and in the process you also sponsered a two car team fully. Then at the end of 2009 you and your company had already started to organize who you were going to take to the race meetings in 2010

Come the time for the Perth round you had organized your freinds and workers to a corprate box at Barbagello. In the mean time you have had the launch for your two car team, when you find out that the first two rounds are OS and you can not run your company logo on the car for some reason, then come the end of January you are told there will be NO PERTH race.

What would you do with all the money you pumped into TC's back pocket and the 2 car team you are backing.

Would you continue or pull the plug for not getting exposure for you $$.

Just think about what you would do
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 24 Feb 2010, 05:48 (Ref:2639516)   #97
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you want to kick Tony in the pocket without hurting the teams organise a boycott of the Perth Motown concert brought to you by that amazing organisation SEL.
Judging by reports from those that went to the Brisbane one you will be doing anyone you persaude to stay away a favour anyway.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 06:00 (Ref:2639521)   #98
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Just imagine that you owned a Billion dollar company in WA, and for sum reason you decided to become the naming sponser for the V8 SUPERCAR CIRCUS, and in the process you also sponsered a two car team fully. Then at the end of 2009 you and your company had already started to organize who you were going to take to the race meetings in 2010

Come the time for the Perth round you had organized your freinds and workers to a corprate box at Barbagello. In the mean time you have had the launch for your two car team, when you find out that the first two rounds are OS and you can not run your company logo on the car for some reason, then come the end of January you are told there will be NO PERTH race.

What would you do with all the money you pumped into TC's back pocket and the 2 car team you are backing.

That WA billionaire Kerry Stokes?
Westrac a sponsor who have dollars in FPR & have cancelled their corporate stuff with the fly in from the across the mining industry (replaced by an AFL function). Then Kerrys got Channel 7, theres the West Australian, Perths only daily newspaper, National/Coates Hire.
Dont worry about Coch0, its his boss that will front Channel 7, Kerry is unlikely to need to go.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 06:06 (Ref:2639523)   #99
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

I reckon that I'd be having legal look at the contract for a start. Nice hypothetical but of course such a sponsor does not exist.

I have no doubt that all that sponsors by & large would not be happy with not going to WA - so they'd reduce their payments to the teams by the value of the race missed most likely.

Not a huge problem for the teams in some ways as they don't have to bear the costs of going to the year's most expensive sprint round.

I'd still much rather that the race over there was happening of course then none of this would need to be considered.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 09:13 (Ref:2639564)   #100
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think seven and westrac are in the process of a merger...?