Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Oct 2001, 19:25 (Ref:166677)   #1
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How fast and how heavy? Car Specs wanted....

Howdy, I've been following GT for a few years now, and I'm always interested in all the little details of how powerful, heavy, and fast etc, the different cars are in GT racing. I am particularly intersted in those in classes:LMP900;LMP675;GTS;GT and in FIA GT series,classes:GT and N-GT.

I want to catalogue as much info as possible, but I'm struggling to get car specs, or I'm getting conflicting information.

If you know of some info, even if its incomplete could you give a reply with the following format:

Example

Series:ALMS/ELMS/LM
Class:LMP900
Chassis:ORECA(Dallara)
Engine:Chrysler-Mopar 6.0 V8 N/A (naturally aspirated)
Max power/rpm:585bhp(436.5kW) /?rpm >>>(from Oreca site)
Max torque/rpm
Weight:900kg >>>(from Oreca site)

Please give site references as much as possible.
I hope to compile the info and may post it for youse all if the interest is there.

Thank you to all who can help out.
Old 28 Oct 2001, 19:38 (Ref:166678)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not sure you can short-circuit a trawl for so much information, Splatz (that's a great name and welcome, by the way!).

The ACO's List des Engages issued at Le Mans each year gives some basic technical details, but you need to be a member of the ACO's Club or some other privileged category to get a copy. (I have one but it would take a very long time to copy all the detail here). You might try the ACO's site to see what technical information they posted on their site prior to this year's race. The ACO's site can be found at:-

http://195.154.225.33/course/auto200...to2001gb.shtml

Otherwise it may need a visit to the manufacturers' or teams' sites (as you did with ORECA).
Old 29 Oct 2001, 00:02 (Ref:166776)   #3
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, for the reference, Aysedasi. Unfortunately, I've actually been there before, and they have a surprising lack of information on the cars, for an official site.

I did learn though that the SMG Courage has a 4 litre judd engine that's turbocharged, according to ACO!!! Compared to the Racing for Holland Dome-Judd that is non-turbo, a bit strange me thinks...particularly since the Holland-Dome was fastest at LeMans.

They've got lots of funny mug shots though at this site.
Old 29 Oct 2001, 00:52 (Ref:166789)   #4
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
So far, part of my list of info looks like this:

ALMS/ELMS/LM
LMP900
Audi R8 (2000 spec)
Audi 3.6L V6 Twin Turbo
610bhp(est.) /7200rpm (Conversion divide 1.34 for kW)
700Nm /?rpm
Max rpm 8400
Weight: 900kg (dry weight?)

Audi R8 2001 spec
Audi 3.6L V6 Twin Turbo
458kW (614bhp)/7200
700Nm+ / ?rpm
Max Rpm still 8400?
Weight: 912Kg

Panoz LMP Roadster S
Elan 6.0L V8 n.a.
600+ bhp
640Nm
900 Kg

Panoz LMP07
Panoz 4.0L V8 n.a.
BHP?
Nm?
900Kg

Chrysler-Oreca LMP
Mopar 6.0L V8 n.a.
585bhp
900Kg

Intersport-Lola
Judd 4.0L V10 n.a.
633 bhp (at 10500 or 11000rpm) not sure 'bout rpm
450+ ft.lbs
Max Rpm 11500
Weight: 900Kg

Doran-Judd
Judd 4.0L V10 n.a.
600 bhp (claimed) restricter size difference or fibs?
450 ft.lbs
Weight: 900Kg

Bentley EXP Speed 8
Audi 3.6L V6 Twin Turbo
462kW (619bhp) /7000rpm
Nm?

Class:LMP675
MG-Lola EX257
MG 2.0L V4 Turbo (1 or 2?)
bhp?
Nm?
688Kg

Please cross-examine me lots, and fill in the gaps and add new ones. Soon I'll write up my GTS and GT info.

We only gettin' started.
Old 29 Oct 2001, 17:43 (Ref:167002)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gimme a day or two on this one, Splatz, and I'll fill in any other info I can find for you.
Old 29 Oct 2001, 20:17 (Ref:167105)   #6
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Splatz the Cow
I did learn though that the SMG Courage has a 4 litre judd engine that's turbocharged, according to ACO!!!
The turbocharged Judd bit is clearly wrong, probably just a typo. For more on the GV4 engine, have a look at the Judd web site:
http://www.engdev.com/

Also good sources of reference are
http://gto-racing.nexen.net/ (mostly in French but easy to figure out even if you don't speak French - believe me...)
and
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/
Old 30 Oct 2001, 19:19 (Ref:167513)   #7
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Fantastic, thanks Cybersdorf!
I took one look at that Engine Developments site and bookmarked him straight away. I'm perusing it now exitedly - great pics of engines too.

And thanks for chipping in Aysedasi. I'll catch up with you on your return.

Today I read in "RACETECH" magazine, the special edition on engines (just out now in Australia). Some interesting details:

ROC-VW Reynard has 500 bhp (confirmed also in LE MANS SERIES & Sportscar Racer magazine issue Oct 2000 pg45)
ROC-VW weighs 70Kg more than MG which means 758Kg by my maths(confirmed in LMS&SR Oct 2000 pg45 as more than 750Kg.)

Audi R8 2001 has up to 50Nm more than 2000 spec in some areas of torque curve but maxNm, maxRpm, max kW is the same, according to the Audi guy in the RACETECH article.
(How this knocks off up to 4seconds a lap at LeMans beats me!) But with setup improvements I guess its possible.

Lastly, a car mag that tested the BMW GTR stated 420bhp for the straight six and only 444bhp and 480Nm for the V8. Is the BMW V8 tough as wet lettuce or is someone fibbing (again BMW, not again...) I suspect the DTM V8 is a better guide as its a 4.0L Northstar I think. They make 500hp don't they?

Although this thread is being largely ignored by many at the forum I think it will prove to be valuable and helpful to us all when the list is compiled more fully.

Thanks in advance for peoples assistance.
Old 30 Oct 2001, 22:00 (Ref:167640)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Of course! - Cybersdorf has mentioned the one site I should have thought of - Mulsanne Mike. (as he says, www.mulsannescorner.com ).
Mike has got a huge amount of technical data on his site.
Old 30 Oct 2001, 22:51 (Ref:167671)   #9
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
I still haven't got out of http://gto-racing.nexen.net/ and I'm writing like a madman. Geez, I need a secretary! I've gone back as far as 1994. What a effort this will be. Only 2000 and 2001 will be put up here though.

Next stop Mulsanne Straight .... - corner

Carpel tunnel Syndrome here I come.....!
Old 31 Oct 2001, 22:46 (Ref:168145)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Splatz the Cow
I took one look at that Engine Developments site and bookmarked him straight away. I'm perusing it now exitedly - great pics of engines too.
But no mention of the upcoming GV5, and it seemingly hasn't been updated in a while (e.g. the bit about the EUROC engine )
Old 4 Nov 2001, 17:06 (Ref:169729)   #11
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
One thing to keep in mind when compiling horspower and torque figures is to take them with a grain of salt. If the manufacturer is actually admitting to a power figure, make bets they've low-balled it.
Old 4 Nov 2001, 20:11 (Ref:169817)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hey! Welcome Mike!!

Old 21 Nov 2001, 17:57 (Ref:177353)   #13
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Hey I really want to keep this thread current guys.

Ferrari 333 SP BMS Scuderia Italia
555hp says Marco Gadola, BMS race engineer when comlaining about the reduction in restrictor size for the Ferrari by 0.5mm to 46.8 or 2 x 33.4mm.
"And now we will lose a further 10-15hp." Auto Action No948 2001

This now makes it 540-545hp.

The Ferrari 333 SP page http://come.to/333sp says 600hp @ 11000rpm and 330 lb-ft @ 9000 with max rpm at 11750.

So this brings it to 585-590hp (same as Oreca/Dallara) against Judd's 630hp (according to Intersport Racing's site.)

Please help with more info - cheers
Old 22 Nov 2001, 23:13 (Ref:177919)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sorry, StC, I completely forgot about this - so little time and so much to do........

Old 25 Nov 2001, 18:41 (Ref:178764)   #15
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
It's cool, it will be worth the wait to throw this together.

I've got lots more info but so many conflicting references.

A very well setup site gave the Ascari Judd 600bhp and the Domes 590bhp, what's the story...I am starting to think maybe I don't understand the restrictor rules. Can the same engine have different size restrictors in the same class?

Anywho, thanks for letting me know your still there.