Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Dec 2001, 00:59 (Ref:181100)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kumpen tests for Dome

The young 23 year old driver Anthony Kumpen, completed a useful test run in Racing for Holland Dome-Judd Sports Prototype earlier this week at the Zandvoort Circuit,in the Netherlands.

The FIA GT aspirant was pleased with the run, and commented "The ex Formula 1 engine has a lot of power, and the Dome chassis seems to be very responsive. Because of the conditions, with some sand on the track surface, the rear tyres heated up quicker than the fronts which caused a tendency for understeer, but the car appeared quite driver friendly and a pleasure to drive".

He continued. "The (Jan) Lammers team are very professional and there was a good atmosphere".

The crack Dutch outfit, headed up by ex-F1 man Lammers were pleased to offer Kumpen the chance to drive as currently they are in search of a new driver to strengthen their squad for the coming 2002 season.

The Belgian, based in Hasselt, near to the Zolder circuit, had campaigned the 2001 FIA GT Championship with French team Paul Belmondo Racing, experienced life with a Dutch team Manager and team mate in October this year, when he and Mike Hezemans came a strong 3rd in their American Viper Racing Chrysler Viper GTS-R in the Petit Le Mans in an essentially Dutch run effort.

In summary, Kumpen added "I have not made any decision on my career for 2002, but Racing for Holland is high on the list. I have received offers from other FIA GT teams but I will evaluate all options and make a calculated decision. I would like to thank Jan and the team for giving me a solid choice to move into sportscars".