Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 21 Jul 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3659923)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
World Rallycross R7 - Trois-Rivières, Canada

Supercar entry list:

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/C...try%20List.pdf

RX Lite entry list:

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/C...try%20List.pdf

17 Supercars (18 if JRM find a driver for the MINI).
8 Lites.

I was hoping that Subaru might show up. Given the delay getting into the current GRC season, I guess that is their priority for now. Nice to see the new Honda Civic making it's World Championship debut: the shape of things to come for OMSE next year?...
Old 21 Jul 2016, 13:43 (Ref:3659928)   #2
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fairly average isn't it. But good to see the Civic, hopefully can show some pace. Shame not to see Foust in the Beetle, guess it's not eligible in WRX
Old 21 Jul 2016, 16:32 (Ref:3659965)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
No Tanner Foust

Nice to see the Civic (although I don't like the looks of the car)
Old 21 Jul 2016, 16:36 (Ref:3659967)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Doesn't make sense to have a RX Lites round if it's not counting for the championship.
Old 21 Jul 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3659977)   #5
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
No Tanner Foust

Nice to see the Civic (although I don't like the looks of the car)

Me neither, would prefer the Civic Type R look
Old 21 Jul 2016, 22:03 (Ref:3660033)   #6
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to Danny Way joining JRM in WorldRX from Canada onwards? http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/20...ry-jrm-racing/

The Honda Civic is also not FIA Rallycross eligible yet it needs to be added to the non-homologated cars eligible for rallycross. The VW Beetle is, do GRC run to different regs then? Shame VW couldn't have put Tanner in a Polo as a one off. Also no Carpentier think he was a local man last year.

The cars were air freighted back to Europe last year, directly to Norway from memory, have they re-jigged the calendar this year to reduce costs?

Is there any chance we would see Liam back in a Citroen over there? If money is no object to the Dorans maybe they could fork out to get a car out there.
Old 22 Jul 2016, 11:10 (Ref:3660110)   #7
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
What happened to Danny Way joining JRM in WorldRX from Canada onwards? http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/20...ry-jrm-racing/
I didn't realize that Danny Way had actually named Canada as his first round. I assumed Way would be the most likely driver to fill Doran's place as I would think he is the most likely to have funding/sponsors ready to go.

Quote:
The Honda Civic is also not FIA Rallycross eligible yet it needs to be added to the non-homologated cars eligible for rallycross. The VW Beetle is, do GRC run to different regs then? Shame VW couldn't have put Tanner in a Polo as a one off. Also no Carpentier think he was a local man last year.
I don't think the current GRC regulations are available online are they? So not sure on the exact differences, at the very least I believe the control fuel is different.

Quote:
Is there any chance we would see Liam back in a Citroen over there? If money is no object to the Dorans maybe they could fork out to get a car out there.
It's a possibility, though I wonder if it would be worth all the hassle? Given he is not fighting for the Championship lead, it seems a massive expense for little gain.

Liam would have had to have submitted an entry almost as soon as the JRM news broke as, if I read the rules correctly, single event entries have to be made 21 days in advance. We are well within that window now.
Old 22 Jul 2016, 13:51 (Ref:3660143)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IMG will allow Eriksson to run the Honda because he is in the gentlemens club and can probably do what he likes.

Sorry, but that's a fact in WRX at the moment.

Very much doubt you will see Doran until next year, or in the US, I would imagine Monster will be either renegotiating or laying low.
Old 22 Jul 2016, 20:05 (Ref:3660208)   #9
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JRM Racing on Twitter: "Sad to say we won't be racing at #CanadaRX. READ:
bit.ly/29QR8um. But back with a bang @LoheacRX! 🇬🇧" Probably back with Rooke or Wilks?
Old 22 Jul 2016, 20:31 (Ref:3660213)   #10
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.U. View Post
JRM Racing on Twitter: "Sad to say we won't be racing at #CanadaRX. READ:
bit.ly/29QR8um. But back with a bang @LoheacRX! 🇬🇧" Probably back with Rooke or Wilks?
Massive shame, the car is there, just no one to run it. The full press release...

http://www.jrm-group.com/mini-rx/new...d-rx-of-canada

...also mentions Danny Way: contrary to early reports, he won't be driving for the team this year.

Would be great to see Rooke or Wilks at Loheac. Guerlain Chicherit is surely a likely candidate?
Old 22 Jul 2016, 20:50 (Ref:3660217)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Looks like problem at JRM is lack of sponsors or drivers with sponsors.
Doran gone means also Monster gone.
Old 25 Jul 2016, 16:54 (Ref:3661114)   #12
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd have thought that of all rounds to try to get a deal to do, one across the pond with huge transport costs and general expenses on top of the cost of hiring is just not worth it. Hopefully they will have two cars in Loheac and at least one will be British
Old 27 Jul 2016, 10:19 (Ref:3661434)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else yet, so I'm not sure of the accuracy of the article, but it seems that Civic won't be running in Canada:

http://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/n...=2&s=1&q=honda
Old 27 Jul 2016, 13:28 (Ref:3661463)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else yet, so I'm not sure of the accuracy of the article, but it seems that Civic won't be running in Canada:

http://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/n...=2&s=1&q=honda
It's been mentioned by the official WRX feed now so it looks to be right. Shame as it just looks like a paperwork not being done in time problem rather than anything more fundamental.
Old 27 Jul 2016, 15:07 (Ref:3661477)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
It's been mentioned by the official WRX feed now so it looks to be right. Shame as it just looks like a paperwork not being done in time problem rather than anything more fundamental.
Yeah. You would think that the paperwork concerning homologation would have been submitted well in advance, but it seems like quite a late decision to enter.

Shame, guess we'll have to wait to see the Civic make it's World debut!
Old 27 Jul 2016, 16:08 (Ref:3661491)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is the question even worth asking as to why these two series with very few cars in them are even running different specs in the first place?

Or is that down to people with the same sort of genius that run british rallycross!
Old 27 Jul 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3661504)   #17
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Is the question even worth asking as to why these two series with very few cars in them are even running different specs in the first place?
I have been trying to ascertain exactly what the difference is between the two championship regulations. The GRC regulations are not readily available and, other than fuel type and some different guidelines on permissible wheelbase variance, I don't know what other differences there are.
Old 27 Jul 2016, 19:17 (Ref:3661517)   #18
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA WorldRX don't you need the ECU which is why a lot of EuroRX cars can't enter WorldRX rounds. Doubt the GRC cars run these.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 27 Jul 2016, 20:04 (Ref:3661522)   #19
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
FIA WorldRX don't you need the ECU which is why a lot of EuroRX cars can't enter WorldRX rounds. Doubt the GRC cars run these.
As I understand it World Rallycross requires a control ECU (and loom) for data logging purposes. As OMSE build cars for World and GRC, I wouldn't be surprised if they at least use the same ECU for both: lot easier to be working with one type of ECU.

Based on the accusations leveled at VW last year, I wouldn't be surprised if the GRC have introduced a control ECU as well.
Old 27 Jul 2016, 21:08 (Ref:3661530)   #20
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what were the accusations at VW?
Old 29 Jul 2016, 13:03 (Ref:3661834)   #21
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
Traction control, or 'management'.
Old 29 Jul 2016, 13:18 (Ref:3661839)   #22
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
Sorry CS1, didn't see your post until just now. Yeah, as thlbtcc says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Traction control, or 'management'.
...there was a suspicion that they were using some form of traction control. I only read one article on the subject:

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/why-so...lob-1732832466

Jalopnik have been wildly inaccurate with rallycross content in the past, but the video is interesting: as were the comments from a lot of major players in the GRC.

Interestingly one of the quotes in that article does mention the presence of a data logger in the car so, going back to this point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby
...it's possible that the GRC regulations have mandated the need for a control ECU for some time.
Old 7 Aug 2016, 22:59 (Ref:3664164)   #23
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Petter Solburg has been taken to hospital after a crash with Anton Marklund. Sounds like both of them are basically okay but there's been no official statement released yet to that effect.

I think Tanner Foust is doing a Drift thing this weekend which is why he's not in Canada.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 07:32 (Ref:3664259)   #24
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw that Solberg posted a pic on Twitter saying he was okay and was happy with the lead in the championship.

I feel sorry for TT. Great speed during the weekend just to have it all taken away from him by a situation that felt very doubtful. WRX Austria posted a pic of a smashed windshield on TT's car (guess it was TT himself) and Pucher believed it was a conspiracy to keep the championship interesting.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 08:39 (Ref:3664272)   #25
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
I feel sorry for TT. Great speed during the weekend just to have it all taken away from him by a situation that felt very doubtful. WRX Austria posted a pic of a smashed windshield on TT's car (guess it was TT himself) and Pucher believed it was a conspiracy to keep the championship interesting.
Yeah, I thought the TT ruling was rather unfair. I wasn't convinced he even made contact with Topi and to disqualify him seemed pretty harsh. Demotion to third (in the semi) would have seemed a much fairer way to deal with him if they truly believed that contact had been made.

That's the second time I think Team Austria have been the victim of an unfair ruling (the first being Baumanis in Belgium). I'm not sure I'd go as far as calling it a "conspiracy" at this point but, from the coverage alone, I don't think those incidents look any worse than what a lot of other drivers have done. Perhaps the onboard cameras/telemetry tell a different story.

Bad end to the weekend for Petter. His drive in the semi was ridiculously quick, was unlucky that the conditions changed when they did. Good to see a positive post from the hospital this morning, I wonder what state the car is in. Some comments on Facebook seem to imply it's a write off.

Does Petter still have the second DS3? Or has it sold?