Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 May 2013, 14:26 (Ref:3251161)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
STR is to make a major announcement at the Monaco GP.
They're buying RBR.
Old 21 May 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3251203)   #27
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Renault engines for 2014?
Old 21 May 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3251260)   #28
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Proved back in 2008 that if they're able to beat the 'parent team' they can......might not be the same now Red Bull have grown in stature and arrogance with success.

Think they're as worthwhile as any of the mid grid teams to be honest. They race competitively in the midfield and they don't look for pay drivers which is a big thing. Would rather a grid full of Ricciardos and Vergnes than the likes of Chilton and Van Der Garde any bloody day.
Old 21 May 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3251406)   #29
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
What about Torro Rosso - Honda for next year?
Old 22 May 2013, 10:51 (Ref:3251593)   #30
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
What about Torro Rosso - Honda for next year?
That'd be quite a coup since McLaren are only getting the Honda's in 2015.

The 'major announcement' is probably Le Coco Pops have reserved a 2 inch squared space beneath the undercarriage wing, support device yokamajig for their logo that you could only probably spot with a laboratory microscope.

Last edited by Paradise City; 22 May 2013 at 11:14.
Old 22 May 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3251604)   #31
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo and Vergne to be replaced post Monaco GP with two new drivers???

Has happened before at STR.
Old 22 May 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3251804)   #32
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow.
Old 22 May 2013, 21:24 (Ref:3251877)   #33
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read that STR will probably announce a Renault deal starting from 2014 (that was already rumored in February tho : source), can it be ?
If so, what teams will Renault kick out ? They said recently they don't want to supply more than three teams (but admitted could be up to five if it has to). RBR, STR, Lotus, Williams, Caterham ?
Old 23 May 2013, 02:07 (Ref:3251977)   #34
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STR to have Renault engines in 2014.

Kimi signs for STR to make F1 a Red Bull domination of all podiums and races.

Newey to provide two alternative concepts for 2014, one high downforce, the other low drag.

Matesitch feeling "bullish" about next year.

STR to build discarded newey concept as Pirelli test vehicle.

Porsche engines for RBR, STR and Porsche LMP project in exchange for Webber.

Bets please!
Old 23 May 2013, 05:34 (Ref:3252023)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
I read that STR will probably announce a Renault deal starting from 2014 (that was already rumored in February tho : source), can it be ?
If so, what teams will Renault kick out ? They said recently they don't want to supply more than three teams (but admitted could be up to five if it has to). RBR, STR, Lotus, Williams, Caterham ?
Mr Saward has suggested of late that Renault may end up with 3 teams, RBR, STR & Caterham, as each of these has other benefits than just engine supply.

It would be a great move for STR to get Renault powerplants (badged as Nissans?? ) to give them more bases of comparison with the mother ship...

We shall see...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 May 2013, 06:44 (Ref:3252034)   #36
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok, I see the point of keeping RBR and adding STR to regroup both teams and reinforce the Infinity thing. Also Caterham will continue to be powered by Renault because of the Alpine brand revival that was announced last year and Tony Fernandes owning part of it.
Three logical choices.

I don't want to go off-topic, but do we know anything yet about Lotus and Williams ?
Old 23 May 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3252095)   #37
321Go
Veteran

Hearing that STR is to confirm a deal with Renault Sport F1 for an engine supply deal for next three years. Announcement in the next 24 hours or so.
Old 23 May 2013, 14:25 (Ref:3252190)   #38
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
They could row back on their decision and take on STR. Maybe there's some business package that could make that work financially for Renault.
Old 26 May 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3253295)   #39
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Ricciardo and Vergne to be replaced post Monaco GP with two new drivers???

Has happened before at STR.
Webber to (STR-)Renault
Old 26 May 2013, 08:31 (Ref:3253299)   #40
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickoGP View Post
Webber to (STR-)Renault
As likely as my post above re DanRic and JEV being dropped!

Still no confirmation from Scuderia Toro Renault?!
Old 26 May 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3253307)   #41
jsTrecu
Veteran

It is now confirmed, Toro Rosso Renault in 2014 : source GPUpdate
Old 27 May 2013, 13:38 (Ref:3253991)   #42
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Makes a lot of sense. Now to see if the rumours about Infiniti picking up the tab for Red Bull's engine deal are true...
Old 27 May 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3254063)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Afff... all the suspense for that.
Old 28 May 2013, 03:13 (Ref:3254318)   #44
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Then one of Renault engine supplies will swap from Williams to Toro Rosso.