Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Nov 2007, 09:44 (Ref:2059931)   #1076
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
how bigs massive ? I'm going from 550-1" to 600-7/8" over the winter, although my tyres have more travel than a citroens suspension!

great video, you can hear the smooth synchromesh sound every time you change gear
Old 5 Nov 2007, 10:02 (Ref:2059958)   #1077
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
how bigs massive ? I'm going from 550-1" to 600-7/8" over the winter, although my tyres have more travel than a citroens suspension!

great video, you can hear the smooth synchromesh sound every time you change gear

,Dog box? Clutchless?Shagged Box?Bad Left Leg?
Old 5 Nov 2007, 10:04 (Ref:2059962)   #1078
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Dinkel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the car?

Old 5 Nov 2007, 10:28 (Ref:2059985)   #1079
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
thats the one
Old 5 Nov 2007, 10:40 (Ref:2059997)   #1080
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What always puzzles me with Gordon's car is the fact if you look at it on action pictures or for real: where the heck does he leave his legs? Left and right of the engine?
C'mon Gordon, tell us, what is the secret of your low driving position?

Great video btw. Love the Blachimont 1 and 2 commitment.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 10:50 (Ref:2060006)   #1081
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
I bet he sits in that Anglia like an amazon

He's Norman Ricketts' mate right?
Old 5 Nov 2007, 11:02 (Ref:2060014)   #1082
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
What always puzzles me with Gordon's car is the fact if you look at it on action pictures or for real: where the heck does he leave his legs? Left and right of the engine?
C'mon Gordon, tell us, what is the secret of your low driving position?

Great video btw. Love the Blachimont 1 and 2 commitment.
You're absolutely correct Eddy,Driving like that ,he should be "Committed"
Old 5 Nov 2007, 11:06 (Ref:2060017)   #1083
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 5 Nov 2007, 12:53 (Ref:2060110)   #1084
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
the bobbling on the legs of his race suit gives it away

its the flywheel ring gear chafing
Old 5 Nov 2007, 12:54 (Ref:2060113)   #1085
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I'm committed to my padded cell in Spain until next year And Zef I notice you haven't posted on my thread in park ferme about guitarist. Maybe you haven't got all day to put them all in
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Nov 2007, 13:02 (Ref:2060129)   #1086
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Yeah,rub it in mate.Barry said he did come to see you Gordon,on SATURDAY!!
I did expain that Monday was the beggining of the week!
Old 5 Nov 2007, 13:33 (Ref:2060166)   #1087
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
Yes weedy 600lbs with a massive arb, its like a go kart and does my back in during a long race.
600LBS! Thats massive is'nt it for a lightweight car, I have 1200lbs on the front of my car yellow as that was as high as I could get them on on a 5" diameter coil but thats on a wishbone and the spring rate would be lower than yours and my tub is well heavy. I was thinking of putting a coilover on the front so I can use a 2.5" spring as one of the club stalwarts had that on a Camaro, I don't read it as being 100% kosher but who am I to argue On the black car (diferent suspension layout) it has direct acting MacPherson struts with 800lbs springs and it feels solid. They also have 1.25 inch ARB's.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 13:46 (Ref:2060185)   #1088
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Al, I've been using 660s on the front,mind you ,that sodding great lump of 50 year old technology need's all the support it can get.Going to 700 next year though!
Old 5 Nov 2007, 14:15 (Ref:2060269)   #1089
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
you'd have thought a 250 thou overbore, nicasil lined alloy block would mean you where going the other way with springs

or was that post just a subtle subterfuge
Old 5 Nov 2007, 15:46 (Ref:2060337)   #1090
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
you'd have thought a 250 thou overbore, nicasil lined alloy block would mean you where going the other way with springs

or was that post just a subtle subterfuge
Can't give away toooo many secret's Zef,don't want people to know how come the cornering forces are enough to cause wiring problem's.250? Where have you been these last 3 year's,2.3ltr is 275thou.

Last edited by terence; 5 Nov 2007 at 15:48.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 17:16 (Ref:2060426)   #1091
fangio
Racer

fangio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed a lot of photographers during the 6 hrs round the circuit.
Does anyone have some good shots of our winning Shelby Mustang nr. 52??
Old 5 Nov 2007, 18:05 (Ref:2060456)   #1092
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangio
There was one especialy at Le Combe exit,I have been trying to find out who he/she was.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 18:38 (Ref:2060472)   #1093
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I have a few shots, although not too good as I was quite a way from the track but here's one and you can sort through to see if there are any more.
They are very low res on the site so if you want any full size pics PM me with an email address.
Tim
Old 5 Nov 2007, 19:47 (Ref:2060525)   #1094
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Al, I've been using 660s on the front,mind you ,that sodding great lump of 50 year old technology need's all the support it can get.Going to 700 next year though!
Not the same though is it Terry because of the mechanical advantage induced on the spring by virtue of it being half way along the lower wishbone of an unequal wishbone setup, infact very similar to my old car. Therefore your wheel is seeing what 150lbs spring rate (its squared don't forget so divide by 4) where as Gordon's McPhearson strut will see approaching 100% of the spring rate at the wheel. I would have thought with the B set up that even 700lb could be too light once the mechanical advantage had been calculated.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 20:03 (Ref:2060539)   #1095
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I've tried a car that was fitted with 1100s Al,it was --------awfull,understeer on tap etc,my car doe's need to be user friendly though,I seem to get quite a few different people drive it.Whiz totally adores it,to the point that the guy who own's the Long Nosed "B" insisted that I set his car up identically.I do know what you mean though,I think 2or3 different pair's and a day testing should provide the answer.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 21:02 (Ref:2060567)   #1096
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I would have thought Gordon's wheel rate would have been way too high but the proof is in the pudding and he is the one doing the winning!
Old 6 Nov 2007, 08:26 (Ref:2060884)   #1097
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Quote:
I noticed a lot of photographers during the 6 hrs round the circuit. Does anyone have some good shots of our winning Shelby Mustang nr. 52??
This one?
Old 6 Nov 2007, 22:50 (Ref:2061621)   #1098
fangio
Racer

fangio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, that was in Amsterdam!
Old 7 Nov 2007, 09:15 (Ref:2061882)   #1099
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a good dusk/night-time picture of the Mustang in Octane or Classic & Sportscar, I can't remember which one it was now!!
Old 7 Nov 2007, 21:27 (Ref:2062450)   #1100
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Quote:
Thanks, that was in Amsterdam!

All luverly . . .